• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

I think these days, physical copies are just there for shelf space. Digital PC game sales are likely outstripping physical ones since PC sections in stores are almost an afterthought now.

Chris R

What's the point of a physical disc if you have to download the game anyway, that's my point :lol

I thought physical discs were for people who don't have good enough internet and don't want to wait 2 days to download a game after they buy it. Guess not.

Physical disks are also great for people with bandwidth caps. If I ever buy GTA V it's gonna need to be the physical edition so I don't blow half a month's worth in bandwidth downloading the game.

What's the point of a physical disc if you have to download the game anyway, that's my point :lol

I thought physical discs were for people who don't have good enough internet and don't want to wait 2 days to download a game after they buy it. Guess not.
physical discs for me are because I'm a collector, so even a case with the steam installer is fine with me, however it definitely does not fit those that are buying it because of bad internet.

Also, where the hell are people seeing a physical MGSV at all? I've seen all the articles about it having just a steam installer, but I haven't seen anywhere to actually buy it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Physical disks are also great for people with bandwidth caps. If I ever buy GTA V it's gonna need to be the physical edition so I don't blow half a month's worth in bandwidth downloading the game.

That's what I'm saying - That's why it's stupid that MGS only has the steam installer on it.

Curufinwe

I got a Best Buy GCU membership when I preordered MGSV last week so I think I'll be buying more physical PS4 games than digital in the future. 20% off a new game is a pretty big discount over the full $60.

Pikma

Banned
great, now I have to buy a 4th 3DS

never going to get a current gen console at this rate
Tell me about it, there's already four 3DS in my house, 3 of them are mine and you gotta bet I'M FUCKING GETTING THAT ISABELLE BUNDLE. Sorry PS4 but you will have to wait till next year

$220 for the bundle + $60+ in amiibo cards.

Nintendo's gonna run me dry.

zroid

Banned
Why do you need 4 3DS's?

But why do you need 4 3DSs?

But why do you need 4 3DSs?

yall are awfully consistent

I don't need 4 lol. The one they're releasing in September is the one I wanted anyways. But then they released the New XL model back in Feb and I couldn't resist buying it even though I suspected they were going to sell the regular model for the holiday season. And lo and behold, here it is. And I want it. :(

The other two are the OG and XL systems I've had since years ago.

great, now I have to buy a 4th 3DS

never going to get a current gen console at this rate

$220 in the US is $286 here.

I have 4 3DS's too:
-Zelda OoT 3DS
-Link Between Worlds XL
-Pokemon XY XL
-Majora's Mask new XL

Probably going to sell the XY one. That Hyrule XL...

Quick

Banned
Just saw some gifs of Quiet in MGSV.

06wh0819-pg-horizontal.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Whoah, Civ is never a waste of time. Game crashed on me in Windows 10, then I figured out I was running in Windows 8 mode and after I changed that it worked fine.

Never had a single issue with Civ 5, are you on Windows 10?
Windows 8. *shrug*

It's such a time killer. I love it, but man... so many hours required. I can't just play it for a half hour and be content. Hate that.

For the crazies that need to see some plastic on their shelf and feel like they own something tangible.

Cindro

Does anyone own one of these things from a previous championship year of your particular team?

*Link*

It contains ice from the the rinks used during the championship series. It's also $42, which doesn't seem too terrible until you realize you're spending a half of a tenth of a grand on water.

Someone on reddit called it a "hell of a conversational piece", but that just seemed like a sad way to justify buyer's remorse.

I'm still tempted though!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anyone own one of these things from a previous championship year of your particular team?

*Link*

It contains ice from the the rinks used during the championship series. It's also $42, which doesn't seem too terrible until you realize you're spending a half of a tenth of a grand on water.

Someone on reddit called it a "hell of a conversational piece", but that just seemed like a sad way to justify buyer's remorse.

This is something I would never stop making fun of someone for owning, and then when the Habs win the cup I'd buy 15 of them.

Calamari41

41 > 38

*Link*

$42 for some Tampa or Chicago tap water? I don't think so, Tim.

Cindro

This is something I would never stop making fun of someone for owning, and then when the Habs win the cup I'd buy 15 of them.
I don't even have a Blackhawks collection. And if I did, this would hopefully be the most shameful piece in the collection. Still, I like authentic "this thing was at this place during this time" memorabilia.

$42 for some Tampa or Chicago tap water? I don't think so, Tim.
I think you're confusing me with your ex-wife.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't even have a Blackhawks collection. And if I did, this would hopefully be the most shameful piece in the collection. Still, I like authentic "this thing was at this place during this time" memorabilia.
I don't want to end up as that lame Dad with a man cave completely covered in his favourite teams colours / logos, but I already have a large Habs collection and I know my fate is inevitable.

Top Bottom