• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Silexx

A bit off topic sorry, I'm more of a casual fan now but can somebody please briefly explain to me why Edmonton has been drafting in the first round, top 10, top 5 for what, 10 or 15 years and still have not made the playoffs since 2006...

How can you fuck it up so bad? A mix of bad trades, no chemistry, obvious bad management, tolerance for mediocrity?

I remember crappy teams eventually becoming solid contenders and Champs through good pics like the Pens, Caps & Lightning awhile back.

Thanks!

Short answer: inability to draft past the 1sr round.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't think Habs go Nylander if he's available, Bergevin / Timmins love their defence too much.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A bit off topic sorry, I'm more of a casual fan now but can somebody please briefly explain to me why Edmonton has been drafting in the first round, top 10, top 5 for what, 10 or 15 years and still have not made the playoffs since 2006...

How can you fuck it up so bad? A mix of bad trades, no chemistry, obvious bad management, tolerance for mediocrity?

I remember crappy teams eventually becoming solid contenders and Champs through good pics like the Pens, Caps & Lightning awhile back.

Thanks!

Oilers drafting after round 1 was BAD

Oilers also didn't develop their players right, put too much pressure on them. Their defense has been bad. Their goalies have been bad.

It seemed like they were doing it the right way and it blew back in their face really badly

Thanks!

Edmonton are run by idiots, plain and simple. Get awarded many things for being shit, yet continue to be shit. That's what happens when you let the old boys club run the team.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not convinced that Elliott wasn't just a product of Hitchcock's system, hope he pans out for the Flames.

Top Bottom