• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Calamari41

41 > 38
So there is or isn't an issue with scaring off newcomers? Because I've gotten comments about posters being too intimidated to participate in various sports threads in the past.

The only people who get chased off are the people who come in and start throwing slurs around or just go off the deep end with the insults. Several of the top posters by pure volume of posts only started here in the last year or so.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The only people who get chased off are the people who come in and start throwing slurs around or just go off the deep end with the insults. Several of the top posters by pure volume of posts only started here in the last year or so.

Finally, an actual helpful answer. Thanks.

I feel like I'm the most behaved NHLGAF member

Given you were banned before the end of the season, that's a claim that falls a bit short. If anything, I have more right to call myself the most behaved NHLGAF member since I have not been banned during my time here. Ditto for anyone else here in the same boat as me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I gave you an actual helpful answer...

Considering I still was left wondering if there were still issues with Kings fans in particular, it wasn't completely helpful.

Geez, you guys give all mods this much sass to simple questions?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Given you were banned before the end of the season, that's a claim that falls a bit short. If anything, I have more right to call myself the most behaved NHLGAF member since I have not been banned during my time here. Ditto for anyone else here in the same boat as me.

You aren't a real member of GAF until you get banned at least once.

I almost killed NHLGAF, would have been HaloGAF all over again.
Are you saying the community is a bit...insular?

Bish, what kind of operation you running man!

So there is or isn't an issue with scaring off newcomers? Because I've gotten comments about posters being too intimidated to participate in various sports threads in the past.

No, people are welcoming for the most part. Come playoff time people get shit for hopping on the bandwagon, but that's an innate quality of sports talk. Some people are only interested in sports during the playoffs, so that's probably why people stop posting.

It's probably a good thing no Canadian teams are in the playoffs right now

We're especially lucky there's no Vancouver/Flames series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-Nash
Lindberg-E.Staal-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

McDonagh-Skjei
M.Staal-Klein
Yandle-Boyle

Lundqvist

Top Bottom