• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Foggy

but the blues lost

9HfWhMH.png

Maybe it was in collaboration with local law enforcement?

That way they can track Kings fans home and catch them in the act. Or outright prevent what we all know happens.

Line_HTX

I just want one solid game from the whole team and stop fucking playing from behind.

I swear, they really did enter the playoffs and decided to not play good hockey anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers:

No picks in the first two rounds this draft.

2 more years of 31-year-old Rick Nash at $7.8M per.

5 more years of 29-year-old Marc Staal at $5.7M per.

4 more years of 31-year-old Dan Girardi at $5.5M per.

Lundqvist is 34, and has 5 more years at $8.5M per.

They currently have $17M in cap space to re-sign Yandle, Kreider, and Miller.

Going to be a tough offseason.
The implication from both AV and Jeff Gorton has been that this is the "last rodeo" for this core group. If we go down in the first round, I expect them to make some significant moves, perhaps bigger than people are expecting. The revelation that Brady Skjei can effectively play the right side may also be a serious game changer in how the Rangers approach the offseason on defense. It makes Girardi truly expendable as we'll already have 3 capable right defensemen (assuming we re-sign McIlrath) on much, much better contracts, and it leaves a space on the left side open to re-sign Yandle.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever of re-signing Eric Staal. Dominic Moore is somewhat borderline to re-sign, and I wouldn't be surprised either way if he stays or goes. He's had a pretty down year compared to his previous two. Viktor Stalberg I would bet gets re-signed unless he wants too much money. He's been real good basically since December. Same for Antti Raanta.

That leaves the three RFAs. Kreider, Miller, Hayes. I'm guessing one of them will be gone, and that that one will not be JT Miller.

The big question is: do you try to sell Rick Nash? My gut tells me the answer will be no, but dropping his contract along with Girardi's could open up all kinds of possibilities.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any shitty contract can just be ditched in an expansion draft by not protectif the player, no?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rangers:

No picks in the first two rounds this draft.

2 more years of 31-year-old Rick Nash at $7.8M per.

5 more years of 29-year-old Marc Staal at $5.7M per.

4 more years of 31-year-old Dan Girardi at $5.5M per.

Lundqvist is 34, and has 5 more years at $8.5M per.

They currently have $17M in cap space to re-sign Yandle, Kreider, and Miller.

Going to be a tough offseason.
This makes me very happy

Hahahah what?
So that's why they got rid of Babcock

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty sure Girardi wouldn't be too difficult to move, he's the kind of player fossil GMs get hard too.

SHOT BLOCKS YO

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Any shitty contract can just be ditched in an expansion draft by not protectif the player, no?
Unclear given the vagueness of how the expansion draft will work for players with NMCs on their contracts. Girardi has a full no move clause on his contract through next season, with the remaining 3 seasons having a 15-team limited no trade clause.

This also is what will make losing Girardi's contract so difficult. It's not just the term and the money, it's the clauses attached.

But I do agree with Red_Man on this. I think he is movable, despite the fancy stat baggage and the fact that he had a particularly terrible year. Someone will value his skillset.

(Marc Staal's contract, by the way, has similar terms.)

Top Bottom