• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Partner-Sympathy-Image1.jpg

For what it's worth, I've been angrily pacing since the start of the 5-on-3. :D

Alucard

Banned
Okay. Now it's over. Phew. Pens were able to weather an early storm, get a goal, get a bit of luck with Lundqvist going down, and get contributions from everyone...blocking shots, stifling chances, and goals and assists. I love this team.

Okay. Now it's over. Phew. Pens were able to weather an early storm, get a goal, get a bit of luck with Lundqvist going down, and get contributions from everyone...blocking shots, stifling chances, and goals and assists. I love this team.

We're playing like a composed team, you know, the way we should have since we won the cup.

Alucard

Banned
Hopefully when Malkin comes back the chemistry which has formed these last few weeks isn't killed

Good point. Want him to just buy into the system and blend on in while providing another dangerous weapon. They don't need one or two guys trying to do everything - they've got a team of guys all looking in the same direction, and I want it to stay that way.

Fun game overall tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We did a lot of things right in this one, and there was a bunch of just plain bad luck and weird bounces, but there's also a lot to fix. This will be a really short series if we don't figure out how to snuff out Pittsburgh's counter attack.

Unless the injury was actually to his eye itself, I'm guessing Hank is back in Game 2. Even if not, Raanta can win. None of the 3 goals he gave up were really on him. One was a Crosby breakaway, one was a two-on-one where he was left hanging by Nash bailing for a change, and one was an unfortunate bounce off Kessel's ass.

Need more from Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider, etc.

Alucard

Banned
We did a lot of things right in this one, and there was a bunch of just plain bad luck and weird bounces, but there's also a lot to fix. This will be a really short series if we don't figure out how to snuff out Pittsburgh's counter attack.

Unless the injury was actually to his eye itself, I'm guessing Hank is back in Game 2. Even if not, Raanta can win. None of the 3 goals he gave up were really on him. One was a Crosby breakaway, one was a two-on-one where he was left hanging by Nash bailing for a change, and one was an unfortunate bounce off Kessel's ass.

Need more from Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider, etc.

If they had gotten through in their initial surge in the first 15 minutes, this may have been a different game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Brady Skjei did a pretty great job out there. He only got about 17 minutes tonight. Wouldn't be shocked to see that go up in Game 2.

Marvie_3

Banned
that dude must have been really drinking the kool-aid on draft night that he would for some reason buy that sweater. It really boggles the mind.
Well to be fair there was a ton of hype with Beach. I dont think anyone predicted that he'd flame out the way he did.

Revenant

Well to be fair there was a ton of hype with Beach. I dont think anyone predicted that he'd flame out the way he did.

i could have sworn there was a pretty big * next to that hype regarding his personality, i do remember there was some talk of a top 5 potential from some people though, just remember that coming with the caveat he was a dickhead. also injuries, concussions i think?

Marvie_3

Banned
Are you telling me Chicago really doesn't have 12 forwards at their disposal that are better than Mashinter?
They have several forwards better than him that arent playing. What they dont have is a coach who isnt retarded.

i could have sworn there was a pretty big * next to that hype regarding his personality, i do remember there was some talk of a top 5 potential from some people though, just remember that coming with the caveat he was a dickhead.
They were some questions sure but not enough where people would question him ever making an nhl roster.

ryan299

I think he is listed as "day to day" currently. The outlook when he got injured was 2nd round at earliest.

He'll probably play Tuesday in NY. I think they'll put him with Sheary, Don't know who else since Rust and Bennet are out. Maybe Sundqvist or they'll run 7 D again and double shift someone.

Top Bottom