• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Marvie_3

Banned
I was shocked to hear his name mentioned in the pbp when the game first started. I genuinely don't understand it.

What THE FUCK would Q choose Mashinter over Weise..?

Why would you choose Stupid over Clutch..?
711eaa4232984f4c17a49940cf8155e6.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What THE FUCK would Q choose Mashinter over Weise..?

Why would you choose Stupid over Clutch..?
Lol

Yea, his 5 goals in 28 playoff games for the Habs was really clutch. I think the coach with 3 cups knows what he is doing. He's not going to play Weise on the top line / 18 minutes a night like Hockey Savant.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hank is currently day to day, will be reevaluated tomorrow. Importantly, he never left went to the hospital. Stayed at the arena the whole time. He had also told Raanta to "be ready" when he was getting drops before going back in for the last minute of the first. Kinda wonder why he didn't just come out. I guess they figured they'd take a risk with a dicey Lundqvist over a cold Raanta.

The last Rangers playoff game started by someone not named Henrik Lundqvist: Game 2 of the first round series against the New Jersey Devils in 2006, started by Kevin Weekes.

KingBroly

Banned
All of these games feel super slow tonight for some reason.

At least Detroit and Tampa wanted to kill each other. The Rangers just look deflated.

All of these games feel super slow tonight for some reason.

At least Detroit and Tampa wanted to kill each other. The Rangers just look deflated.

The Hawks are always shit in the first round. I have no idea why. But it's like that every year. They get better in the 2nd round.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lol

Yea, his 5 goals in 28 playoff games for the Habs was really clutch. I think the coach with 3 cups knows what he is doing. He's not going to play Weise on the top line / 18 minutes a night like Hockey Savant.
He isnt playing Mashinter in the top 6 either. Weise is way better than Mashinter and yes the coach with 3 Cups is a fucking idiot for playing Mashinter over Weise. Mashinter didnt even score 5 goals all year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He isnt playing Mashinter in the top 6 either. Weise is way better than Mashinter and yes the coach with 3 Cups is a fucking idiot for playing Mashinter over Weise. Mashinter didnt even score 5 goals all year.
Weise has never been good defensively and was always being carried offensively by Patches and first line ozone starts, he's getting exposed for his true talent level now that Q has played him in his proper role. I can't say much about Mashinter because I haven't seen him play, but the difference in the Hawks winning a playoff game won't be because of Wiese - Mashinter swapping, or it shouldn't anyways.

Lol

Yes but Mashinter is Worse than Matteau. The guy is terrible. Think Prusty but shitter

Weise is a guy you'd want on a 3/4th line role, even if you're The Chicago Blackhawks. Dutch Gretzky shall not be denied.

Marvie_3

Banned
Weise has never been good defensively and was always being carried offensively by Patches and first line ozone starts, he's getting exposed for his true talent level now that Q has played him in his proper role. I can't say much about Mashinter because I haven't seen him play, but the difference in the Hawks winning a playoff game won't be because of Wiese - Mashinter swapping, or it shouldn't anyways.
But you want your best players on the ice in the playoffs. Weise is better than Mashinter by a thousand fuckin miles.

Weise actually played well offensively when he was in the lineup. He just couldnt get in a rhythm because he only played every 3rd game.

Marvie_3

Banned
i cant think of a forward the hawks have out of the lineup that i wouldn't take over Mashinter honestly
Shit, Id rather dig up Handzus' corpse and play him instead of Mashinter. At least he could win a faceoff. Mashinter inst good at anything. Especially hockey.

Top Bottom