• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Alucard

Banned
Shots: 20-5. Need at least a 2-0 lead regardless. Come on, Pens. If the Caps were to come back and tie it up, then win in OT while getting this badly outshot...wouldn't do wonders for the Pens' confidence.

Alucard

Banned
Come on, Pens. Do something with this PP. Can't go into the third with just a one-goal lead when the Caps are starting to wake up and show some signs of life.

Alucard

Banned
This game has a heartbeat now. Not liking it, especially with the Caps getting something to rally around with the no-goal heading into the third, even if it was a clear penalty.

Alucard

Banned
Yikes. So tense going into the third. Caps are going to go in with renewed focus. Hope Sullivan can keep everyone's heads on a swivel in the Pens' locker room and that he knows they need to keep pushing for another goal.

Leafs fans celebrating a first overall pick like that is kind of weird.

Alucard

Banned
It's pretty much a lock that we'll lose this game on some stupid shit after squandering that period.

This is my fear. Pens likely frustrated by going 0-5 on the PP, while the Caps are now pissed and will give it their all in the third, which has been their best period all season.

That said, the Pens are something like 39-0 this season when leading after 2. Get ready to clench your butt.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wtf an interview with Matthews AGAIN?

how is he still awake, it's like 6am in Finland

or is this not live?

\edit: LOL that dude asleep

zroid

Banned
LOL those bummed as fuck fans just sitting there in the Sportsnet studio

only the Winnipeg fan was smiling

I couldn't even see the Leafs fan in the back, I assume he passed out

a916

Not a fan of either team but what a brutal call to make against Letang... to make up a non-existing penalty because Trotz complained? What about Orpik's head shot?

Killzig

Not a fan of either team but what a brutal call to make against Letang... to make up a non-existing penalty because Trotz complained? What about Orpik's head shot?

NHL make up calls are a thing, but hadn't seen one that soft in a while.

Alucard

Banned
Not gonna complain about it. Letang call was at least debatable and I could kind of see where the ref was coming from, so it's "whatever" with me. Pens have backed down a bit and allowed the Caps to dictate play. That's the problem. Still, anything can happen between these two teams, but right now, I don't have a good feeling.

a916

NHL make up calls are a thing, but hadn't seen one that soft in a while.

Can't believe game management is a thing that exists in the NHL, love the sport but I absolutely hate that refs are allowed to control the game in such a manner.

a916

Did the refs just miss Orpik being dragged around the ice by Malkin? Oh, Orpik didn't have a stick and was holding on to Malkins that's why...

Jesus...these refs are brutal

Top Bottom