• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Grapefruit IPA? My god I must have this. Now to find someone selling Ballast Point around here. New Hope/Doylestown area if you know it.

I love grapefruity beers so fucking much. I'm excited right now.

Yeah it is awesome. They have some of my favorite IPA variations as well as a killer lager and Pale ale.

Havent had that one yet I dont think but im not too big on IPAs anyway.

Citradelic is an IPA as well lol I am quite big into IPAs. But Fat Tire is a classic and I love Shift and Blue Paddle

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's been crazy seeing the transition from "American beer means Bud, Miller, and Coors" to "American beer means pretty much limitless variety of world class microbrews" over the past 15 or so years.

Nothing beats a Franziskaner in Munich fresh from the monastery, though.

I'm not exactly sure, probably a lot?

I do see a ton of options at the Beer Store.

I don't think there's much american craft beer? Mostly Canadian.

You guys probably get some of our bigger craft breweries stuff though. Some have been bought out by bigger companies but luckily the beers haven't changed.

It's been crazy seeing the transition from "American beer means Bud, Miller, and Coors" to "American beer means pretty much limitless variety of world class microbrews" over the past 15 or so years.

Nothing beats a Franziskaner in Munich fresh from the monastery, though.

Franziskaner is incredible. Do love a Weihenstephaner as well. Their Hefeweizen is unmatched imo

Chris R

Grapefruit IPA? My god I must have this. Now to find someone selling Ballast Point around here. New Hope/Doylestown area if you know it.

I want to try Ballast Point, but not for $15 a 6 pack... $10 a sixer is my upper limit.

Stasis

I want to try Ballast Point, but not for $15 a 6 pack... $10 a sixer is my upper limit.

Yeah some of these beers are expensive but beer in Quebec isn't cheap in general so I'm kinda used to it. And I treat myself to good beers and Scotch etc. when I'm here since there's a lot I just can't ever get. I'm heading out to a big beer place right now to see what I can nab. Made a list!

Socreges

Banned
How much craft stuff do you guys get imported from the states?

We have so many options now it's wonderful. We have some of the shittiest beer but some of the best beer.
BC imports a lot. Mostly from WA, OR, CO and CA.

Canada has more craft breweries per capita, interestingly. But from what I've heard Ontario's craft breweries are not particularly good (partly credited to The Beer Store curbing craft beer in the province). BC and Quebec have some wonderful breweries. Driftwood and Unibroue, for starters. Vancouver has exploded in the last 5 years and now has some incredible stuff.

San Diego and Portland are craft beer meccas. Incomparable. And back in March I found a great beer store in DC that had hundreds of beers that never make it out west. Tried a bunch over the 2 weeks I was there. Some great stuff.

It's called Sculpin IPA. Very popular. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Beer culture west coast US is amazing. The quality is great, easy to find and cheap (even some "clubs" had nights with craft beer for 1 dollars).

Ballast Point is good, so is Sculpin. My favorites are probably Stone IPAs, Sierra Nevada Double IPAs, lagunitas.

It's good to be in CA

There's a lot of local ones in Orange County and LA too. Bottle Logic, Bootlegger's, etc. Don't always have to go down to SD. If I do, I'm also stopping in for carne asada fries.

BC imports a lot. Mostly from WA, OR, CO and CA.

Canada has more craft breweries per capita, interestingly. But from what I've heard Ontario's craft breweries are not particularly good (partly credited to The Beer Store curbing craft beer in the province). BC and Quebec have some wonderful breweries. Driftwood and Unibroue, for starters. Vancouver has exploded in the last 5 years and now has some incredible stuff.

It's called Sculpin IPA. Very popular. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Those are all great places to import from that's for sure. The cool thing is though that you find great small brewers all over the place now here.

But yeah the Sculpin. I just wasn't sure how much actually made it out of the states but I would think Ballast Point would.

Also I am moving out to Portland at the end of the year so I am excited to be a part of all the crafty goodness there.

Socreges

Banned
I don't think there's much american craft beer? Mostly Canadian.
Are you saying there isn't much imported, or there isn't much period? Some people in Canada have this perception that we're leading the way when it comes to craft beer, but it's the complete opposite. We're finally catching up to the US, though in terms of sheer volume we'll never really come close.

Those are all great places to import from that's for sure. The cool thing is though that you find great small brewers all over the place now here.

But yeah the Sculpin. I just wasn't sure how much actually made it out of the states but I would think Ballast Point would.

Also I am moving out to Portland at the end of the year so I am excited to be a part of all the crafty goodness there.
Sculpin is pretty easy to find, but I've seen very few other Ballast Point beers in BC. Lots of Stone, Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada, though.

Sculpin is pretty easy to find, but I've seen very few other Ballast Point beers in BC. Lots of Stone, Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada, though.

Yeah Sculpin is quite popular but rightfully so. Their catalogue is huge though and have some interesting brews for sure that are worth trying if you get the chance.

Stone and Sierra Nevada are great. I am not the biggest fan of Lagunitas though. Do you guys get any Texas beers up there? We have some good bigger micro breweries that could ship that far.

Yeah Sculpin is quite popular but rightfully so. Their catalogue is huge though and have some interesting brews for sure that are worth trying if you get the chance.

Stone and Sierra Nevada are great. I am not the biggest fan of Lagunitas though. Do you guys get any Texas beers up there? We have some good bigger micro breweries that could ship that far.

In NJ, you can find cans of rum and coke and other mixed drinks from Ballast Point.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of beer

d4RWDX5.png

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ballast Point is good, so is Sculpin. My favorites are probably Stone IPAs, Sierra Nevada Double IPAs, lagunitas.

It's good to be in CA

There's a lot of local ones in Orange County and LA too. Bottle Logic, Bootlegger's, etc. Don't always have to go down to SD. If I do, I'm also stopping in for carne asada fries.

Have you been to or had Two Sons in Huntington Beach? They have some really great stuff. My wife's best friend is the baby momma of one of the owners or a family member of one of the owners or something. They're big Kings fans though, so it's justified to steal from them when you can. I go in wearing my Kesler jersey and they can't touch me because I'm a VIP.

Are you saying there isn't much imported, or there isn't much period? Some people in Canada have this perception that we're leading the way when it comes to craft beer, but it's the complete opposite. We're finally catching up to the US, though in terms of sheer volume we'll never really come close.

I'd like to try some American craft beers but the liquor stores where I live mostly only have stuff from BC.

zroid

Banned

The former. Not that I have seen at the Beer Store and LCBO anyways.

Pikma

Banned
Jack Campbell got called up, I wonder what would happen if both Niemi and Lehtonen ended up injured

I guess it's time to pay uncle Lou a visit and ask him for a favor

Yamabro

Banned
Have you been to or had Two Sons in Huntington Beach? They have some really great stuff. My wife's best friend is the baby momma of one of the owners or a family member of one of the owners or something. They're big Kings fans though, so it's justified to steal from them when you can. I go in wearing my Kesler jersey and they can't touch me because I'm a VIP.

I should check this out.

Had a family birthday party to go to yesterday and it ended up lasting nearly all day and I missed the games yet again. Why is it that when I can finally watch hockey again I keep getting pulled away when a game is actually on? Doesn't matter though, watching this one all the way through today.

Pikma

Banned
Beer sucks. Vodka all day.

What happened to this guy? He was a beast his rookie year. Fell off the map hard.
I have no idea, he can't skate decently to save his fucking ass and he's way too soft, you only need one decent hit to make him back off and disappear the whole fucking game.

Stasis

They had the Sculpin grapefruit in a 24 case so I just got it. Have one chilling in the freezer now so I can see if I like it lol. Pricey beer gamble ($55) but I'm pretty sure I'll be a fan. Got a cool Dogfish Head poster too! I wanted to buy so many things. Damn customs limits.

They had the Sculpin grapefruit in a 24 case so I just got it. Have one chilling in the freezer now so I can see if I like it lol. Pricey beer gamble ($55) but I'm pretty sure I'll be a fan. Got a cool Dogfish Head poster too! I wanted to buy so many things. Damn customs limits.

That's not a bad price for it at a 24 pack. Since the 6pack costs around 15$ anyway. Enjoy! It's a damn good beer.

Yamabro

Banned

That's not bad. Damn good beer.

Any of you drink whiskey? I had some Maker's Cask Strength last night. It's a lot smoother than I expected.

Definitely do if you're in the area.

Don't make a trip out of it, though. It's a small operation, so it's not like driving down to the Stone Brewery or anything like that.

I should be in that area next weekend. Going to visit a friend of mine.

Top Bottom