• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Islanders look like they have their hearts ripped out.

the-moment-his-heart-breaks.gif

a916

The Lightning are just too good.

You aren't going to do much when a Norris caliber defense-man shuts down your all-star center AND out scores him.

I expect this and Game 2 for the majority of this season but the Islanders played great in Brooklyn. Tampa just has that extra gear that the Islanders can't keep up with... and without Stralman/Brown/Stamkos, that's impressive.

nubcake

Neo Member
The Isles are pretty close. It was only 2 seasons ago that we got swept by Montreal. Most of those games were close too, but we just didn't know what to do in the playoffs yet. The Islanders took that first step this season and then ran into a buzzsaw. It happens to almost every team finding their way, but they'll be back.

I don't think the Lightning need Stamkos anymore

We will gladly take Stamkos. Pacioretty needs someone to learn a few pointers from at being a leader

ZeroGravity

Is Stamkos still not expected to return in the playoff?
He's been skating. His estimate was 1-3 months, and we just hit the one month mark. Entirely possible he could play in the next series. It's just a matter of when doctors say he can go off the blood thinners.

nubcake

Neo Member
I've gotta say, Islanders fans as a whole have been a lot classier throughout this series than certain other fanbases we encountered last year. Mostly just congratulations and respect all around.

cube444

Lightning can use Stralman a lot more than Stamkos IMO. Moreover, Caps/Pens have shown to be mediocre at best and would have a difficult time beating Tampa in a 7 game series.

A healthy Stralman is the key.

Top Bottom