• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Did St. Louis take the night off? I did hear that they were lucky to win Game 1 too.

San Jose has been pretty consistent in these playoffs. Of their 5 losses so far, 3 were in overtime, and 1 was by one goal. They're also 5-1 at home, outscoring their opponents 22-9.

St. Louis is 5-2 on the road, however. Game 3 should be fun.

Cat Party

This is the first time the Sharks have ever won one of the first two games in the conference finals. They went down 0-2 all three previous times.

Basically, optimism in the second half of May is a new experience for us Sharks fans.

Acid08

Banned
This is the first time the Sharks have ever won one of the first two games in the conference finals. They went down 0-2 all three previous times.

Basically, optimism in the second half of May is a new experience for us Sharks fans.
I still don't know what optimism is.

Clydefrog

When did Boston ever play Vancover? I dont recall any series like that

LOL

a916

Hopefully they decide to make actually make calls in the Pittsburgh/Tampa game... it's beyond dumb to say "I'm not going to call anything because I don't want to influence anything" and then turn around and watch the team committing the penalty benefit from it.

This stone age thinking of "let's not call anything late in the game" can't die fast enough.

Alucard

Banned
Hopefully they decide to make actually make calls in the Pittsburgh/Tampa game... it's beyond dumb to say "I'm not going to call anything because I don't want to influence anything" and then turn around and watch the team committing the penalty benefit from it.

This stone age thinking of "let's not call anything late in the game" can't die fast enough.

Been like this forever, and it's not going to change. Unfortunately.

ZeroGravity

Callahan back in, Koekkoek out.

Have a bad feeling about Vasi tonight. He's played well but it's going to catch up to him at some point.

Bro, this is "playoff hockey". Real men don't call penalties, do you want sissies in your game?

a916

Tampa really likes to pass the puck in it's own zone... when it works it's amazing way to get out with the puck, when it doesn't, offensive chance.

a916

Murray looks shaky as hell, if Tampa could actually start generating stuff... Penguins are all over them in both zones.

a916

Tampa is going to lose on self inflected wounds if this keeps up. Penguins are generating a lot of chances, but most of them off the backs of Tampa turnovers in their own zone

a916

Tampa can't pass the puck to save their life in the o-zone, while Pittsburgh can't miss a pass. Vasilevsky keeping Tampa in while Murray trying not to screw it up.

Alucard

Banned
Tampa is going to lose on self inflected wounds if this keeps up. Penguins are generating a lot of chances, but most of them off the backs of Tampa turnovers in their own zone

Could go either way. Murray seems to be battling, but thankfully, the post has helped him, and the Pens' D has been pretty decent at keeping things to the outside.

Top Bottom