• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Well fuck.

Sharks should have been swept in all of their playoff series. Yet here they are. Luckiest team I've ever seen besides the 2014 Giants in MLB. Will it hold up another series? Hope not. Acrid doesn't deserve to see his team win a Cup.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well fuck.

Sharks should have been swept in all of their playoff series. Yet here they are. Luckiest team I've ever seen besides the 2014 Giants in MLB. Will it hold up another series? Hope not. Acrid doesn't deserve to see his team win a Cup.
vBilp.gif

I am... begrudgingly tagging along at the request of Bastardly Jerks and will join Xia and Acid....

good lad

Well fuck.

LOLLLLLLUCKHADNOTHINGTODOWITHIT

Acid08

Banned
Special shutouts to Jack Remington. He's this teams biggest cheerleader and I don't think they could have done it without him. Such a dedicated Sharks fan.

Honest to god, I'm just cheering hard for extra salt in the Kings Cups.

I don't hold much stock anymore in "amount of cups a franchise has" as an accolade. Ergo it literally doesn't mean a thing to me if the Sharks have the same amount of cup(s) as the Ducks.

But the fact that Kings fans constantly shit on the Sharks because the franchise still doesn't have one? Eat shit. That's not only dumb as hell, but pathetic Fair enough, I used to make the same passionate mistake only up until a few years ago. But you can trust the Kings to royally screw up a nice lil stat like "how many cups a franchise has" and turn it into dick waving/jerk justification territory.

(Leaf fans, I kind of understand what it's like when Montreal fans brag about their cup totals whenever you guys have a bit of banter now)

... But players who have a Stanley Cup to their name? Now THAT'S the good stat! And by that stat we can say that Dustin Penner is the best player of the Kings and Ducks ever.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=883999 said:
Panthers President of Hockey Operations Dale Tallon announced today that the Panthers have acquired forward Jared McCann, a 2016 second round draft pick (33rd overall) and a 2016 fourth round draft pick (93rd overall) from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for defensemen Erik Gudbranson and a 2016 fifth round draft pick (acquired from the New York Islanders).

I love Gudbranson :(

McBryBry

Well, Sharks. It was fun. We were completely outplayed this series, though I'm delighted to hear that someone found Vlad wandering the Russian tundra and brought him back in the third period. Feel bad for Ells, having so much put on his shoulders due to playing so well this year. But I have a feeling we can come back. Get a good trade going for Shattenkirk, keep Brouwer and Backes on hopefully..... I'm excited to see what comes next year.

Go win the cup Sharks. Do it for the rest of us cupless.

Side note, Backes getting emotional :( he's making me sad.

https://streamable.com/vfk1

Acid08

Banned
Hitch hung Elliot out to dry by taking him out and putting him back in. His whole "well he got us here so now he closes it out" thing after G5 was bullshit. Way to show zero confidence in either of your goalies.

McBryBry

Hitch hung Elliot out to dry by taking him out and putting him back in. His whole "well he got us here so now he closes it out" thing after G5 was bullshit. Way to show zero confidence in either of your goalies.

When he should have confidence in both of them considering they're both fantastic. I want to keep Hitch for next year (since nobody better is on the market) but MAN I forgot there's some things I hate

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Remember all that pressure on Doug Wilson to do something drastic with the lineup, or all the talk about potentially replacing him as GM?

Well fuck.

Sharks should have been swept in all of their playoff series.
Yet here they are. Luckiest team I've ever seen besides the 2014 Giants in MLB. Will it hold up another series? Hope not. Acrid doesn't deserve to see his team win a Cup.
Come back to this thread when the ducks figure out how to do what literally every other team in the western conference does regularly and easily.
Beat Nashville in a playoff series.

Man, I had the greatest dream last night. I dreamt we actually won the series and broke through all the demons of the last 25 years to make it to the finals for the first time ever. I sure hope that dream comes true when we play tonight.

Alucard

Banned
Man, I had the greatest dream last night. I dreamt we actually won the series and broke through all the demons of the last 25 years to make it to the finals for the first time ever. I sure hope that dream comes true when we play tonight.

I have a funny story for you...

Congrats Sharks. They look like the most complete and consistent team in the playoffs. Four lines, good special teams, a deep defence, and solid goaltending. They'll be a handful for either Tampa or Pittsburgh.

St. Louis did well getting to the conference finals, and perhaps they ran out of gas, but they'll change things in the offseason. I don't think you fire Hitchcock after this playoff run, though. They have some good young talent (Parayko, Fabbri) so they'll still be contenders in the near future.

He started Allen in Game 4 to give his a team a spark after being shut out twice in a row. They responded by winning, so he stuck with the same goalie (if they had lost Game 4 Elliott would be back in). But they lost Game 5 so he went back to Elliott. I don't think either goalie would've beaten San Jose, but I think Hitchcock made the right decision.

Shitty move. Are 15,000 fans, or however many, actually going to move the needle in any significant way?

I don't get the problem. Is it just the public exhibition of an NHL broadcast? The Sharks did the same thing for Game 1 at SAP center and nobody complained then.

a916

If Tampa decides to skate and not have self inflicted wounds of not showing up or passing to the wrong team, Tampa takes this one.

What the hell could possibly be their reasoning for that limitation?

So they let the WCF get away with this, but Game 7 they enforce it? Makes no sense...

Top Bottom