• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Yawnier

Banned
chill dubbed, you should be celebrating, i've got just the gif.

iGHEqvl.gif
This is creepy as fuck

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Ducks / Caps PP units and puck movement are works of art, depressing to see as a fan of a team with such an inept PP.

On the endless offside reviews from the CCs, I don't think CC should be used on offsides period. Either we treat offside like a strike zone in baseball; overall the inconsistencies should average out, or we move to relying on player tracking over the line and take out the human judgement element altogether. A CC on offside doesn't seem to challenge the call on the ice as much as it picks for a minute infraction that a linesman reasonably would not be able to see given the speed of the game.

Pikma

Banned
On the endless offside reviews from the CCs, I don't think CC should be used on offsides period. Either we treat offside like a strike zone in baseball; overall the inconsistencies should average out, or we move to relying on player tracking over the line and take out the human judgement element altogether. A CC on offside doesn't seem to challenge the call on the ice as much as it picks for a minute infraction that a linesman reasonably would not be able to see given the speed of the game.
100% agreed.

Marvie_3

Banned
What was hilarious is how they talked up having cameras on the blue lines during the playoffs. Yet the camera tonight wasnt even in the right position to help with the challenge.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What was hilarious is how they talked up having cameras on the blue lines during the playoffs. Yet the camera tonight wasnt even in the right position to help with the challenge.
They mentioned on the broadcast I was watching the NHL had two more angles available to them that only head ops and the refs can see, so I imagine those were a bit more clear, but it was pretty funny showing the "New advanced 4K angle" that showed nothing

I agree. Coach's Challenges should be only used for Goalie interference and other situations

Waddup? Update!

Of course, what's up?

Yeah so we won but then they pulled it away and DQed us since a team complained about something we did which was technically legal but up to interpretation... So 6 months of work went down the drain since a team had a problem with something we did but then the district took their side since they interpreted the rule in favor of them which was something that they have always done in the past and no one ever had a problem with.

So one salty team who didn't even place fucked us since they actually thought they were good. The judges literally told us that it was one of the best presentations they have ever seen and that they kept asking the people in charge if it was okay if they kept congratulating us.

Also the president of the district found out after the fact, since he wasn't the direct overseer of the rules for the competition, and he is going to change the rules in our favor but that he can't undo the DQ... so it fucking sucks since we did so much better than anyone else there.

It just really fucking sucks.... All this work for nothing now it feels like.

zroid

Banned
The one way I can think of that might make offside reviews more tolerable, while preventing stuff like that Duchene goal from 2013, is if an offside goal can only be overturned if the puck is still 100% in the neutral zone. So basically it prevents really marginal offsides from being reviewed.

Marvie_3

Banned
They mentioned on the broadcast I was watching the NHL had two more angles available to them that only head ops and the refs can see, so I imagine those were a bit more clear, but it was pretty funny showing the "New advanced 4K angle" that showed nothing
Ah. I missed that.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah so we won but then they pulled it away and DQed us since a team complained about something we did which was technically legal but up to interpretation... So 6 months of work went down the drain since a team had a problem with something we did but then the district took their side since they interpreted the rule in favor of them which was something that they have always done in the past and no one ever had a problem with.

So one salty team who didn't even place fucked us since they actually thought they were good. The judges literally told us that it was one of the best presentations they have ever seen and that they kept asking the people in charge if it was okay if they kept congratulating us.

Also the president of the district found out after the fact, since he wasn't the direct overseer of the rules for the competition, and he is going to change the rules in our favor but that he can't undo the DQ... so it fucking sucks since we did so much better than anyone else there.

It just really fucking sucks.... All this work for nothing now it feels like.
Envy always comes from the most fucking mediocre people, sorry to hear that man. Hope you guys get the recognition you deserve at some point.

(sorry to hear about that bullshit, Jhonny)

Envy always comes from the most fucking mediocre people, sorry to hear that man. Hope you guys get the recognition you deserve at some point.

Thanks guys.

Seems like we will. My school is gonna hold a special ceremony for us because of this and apparently the district itself will too in spite of what happened.

The shittiest part is how many people were coming up to us saying how awesome we did and the professrionals that were here were so surprised about what happened and kept saying it shouldn't have happened and that we were by far the best...

With all that praise and right now we have nothing. This campaign probably could have won the national competition

The one way I can think of that might make offside reviews more tolerable, while preventing stuff like that Duchene goal from 2013, is if an offside goal can only be overturned if the puck is still 100% in the neutral zone. So basically it prevents really marginal offsides from being reviewed.

I would like to think ones like this should be caught, lol. But this makes sense...as long as coaches don't start complaining what is considered 100% in the neutral zone.

Every coach will now get laser eye surgery to have 20/10 vision

Sucks about salty competitiors Jhonny :mad:

Top Bottom