• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Clydefrog

Guac party at Clyde's house

UaiDdYq.jpg

Clyde's smart. Ever buy avocados at the store? Not cheap. Might as well throw cash at his home. Now he's got some gray market guac business.

We're on to you. Jig is up.

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL @ Hitchcock's post game presser. With all the salt he dumped out he wont have any left to sprinkle on his 3am pretzel platter.

RC Cola is better than Coke and Pepsi. Only available in the most exclusive of venues.

Pairs great with guacamole.
RC Cola is the best.

Quick

Banned
I didn't realize the more widespread love for RC Cola. I thought it was just something I knew about.

This is why NHL-GAF is best.

Clyde's cool. Don't see what Line_HTX is referring to. Unless you mean keeping the avocados from Calamari. No biggie. We have plenty of avocado trees.

Can you say avocado?

A-VO-CA-DO *Clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Why didn't the Ducks start Andersen? I don't think Gibson is ready yet.

Of the two goalies, who played roughly equal games 38, 37 they had roughly the same save percentage and GAA. Gibson was the key to propelling the team from last in the league to best in the pacific. Andersen had some clunkers down the stretch but played well against the Caps in the finale. Both are Jennings winners. :)

KingBroly

Banned
Of the two goalies, who played roughly equal games 38, 37 they had roughly the same save percentage and GAA. Gibson was the key to propelling the team from last in the league to best in the pacific. Andersen had some clunkers down the stretch but played well against the Caps in the finale. Both are Jennings winners. :)

You know we weren't trying in that game, right?

You know we weren't trying in that game, right?

For sure, but it's not like Anaheim iced the best lineup either. We sent home Kesler, Gibson, had Rakell and Vatanen out. Perron and Pirri were injured as well. Just kept Getzlaf and Perry in for to maintain 4 lines.

Andersen still made some good saves. Kind of wish he started yesterday too. But never know.

Pikma

Banned
Stars lines this morning:

Benn-Eakin-Sharp
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Janmark-Fiddler-Sceviour
Moen-Seguin-Ritchie

It seems like Seguin won't play tonight either

Calamari41

41 > 38
For sure, but it's not like Anaheim iced the best lineup either. We sent home Kesler, Gibson, had Rakell and Vatanen out. Perron and Pirri were injured as well. Just kept Getzlaf and Perry in for to maintain 4 lines.

Andersen still made some good saves. Kind of wish he started yesterday too. But never know.

You can't make good saves if Ovechkin isn't in the game.

Chris R

You haven't responded to my PM :(

edit: nevermind, disregard

kingslunk

Benn-Eakin-Sharp
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Janmark-Fiddler-Sceviour
Moen-Seguin-Ritchie

still no segs :( id rather him be 100% in round 2 than 85% and risk injury in round 1

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist will start game 2, his 112th consecutive playoff start.

Dan Girardi's own streak 109 consecutive playoff games, by the way, is over.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Hartford's final game of the season is today, so the taxi squad will be called up either later today or tomorrow.

Also, Hartford's final game of the season is today, so the taxi squad will be called up either later today or tomorrow.

Did something happen to him? I know he played like shit but didn't seem like he was injured. Although apparently he's listed as a "whole body injury" lol.

I'm like 99% sure Rangers will split the series today, there's just too much pressure on our D and goalie to have them play well two games in a row when they've never played as well as we did in game 1.

Apparently Malkin is practicing on a 3rd line which I hope is true. 2nd line has had too much chemistry so I really hope they don't touch it even though Malkin is an amazing player, he'll figure out how to be impactful even on a third line.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did something happen to him? I know he played like shit but didn't seem like he was injured. Although apparently he's listed as a "whole body injury" lol.

I'm like 99% sure Rangers will split the series today, there's just too much pressure on our D and goalie to have them play well two games in a row when they've never played as well as we did in game 1.

Apparently Malkin is practicing on a 3rd line which I hope is true. 2nd line has had too much chemistry so I really hope they don't touch it even though Malkin is an amazing player, he'll figure out how to be impactful even on a third line.

Girardi has been injured all season long with a cracked kneecap. He also missed a couple games in the last week of the season as a precaution for a possible concussion after being trucked into the boards.

By the way, in our last 9 playoff series in which we've lost Game 1, the Rangers are 1-8 in Game 2. Last year's series against the Caps is that 1, and if you'll remember we only lost Game 1 of that series because of some serious bullshit. :D

Girardi has been injured all season long with a cracked kneecap. He also missed a couple games in the last week of the season as a precaution for a possible concussion after being trucked into the boards.

By the way, in our last 9 playoff series in which we've lost Game 1, the Rangers are 1-8 in Game 2. Last year's series against the Caps is that 1, and if you'll remember we only lost Game 1 of that series because of some serious bullshit. :D

That was back to start the year though right? I figured the knee would have healed by now. I'm assuming something like that shouldn't need surgery. That injury still makes my knee hurt just thinking about it.

The 1-8 stat is interesting but I haven't seen us play consistently in the playoffs in 7 years so it should be interesting.

Squealing like the angry fat fucking pig he is.

I saw your comment last night but finally watched it this morning. What a whiny bitch. I'm sure thats real inspiring talk if you were on the Blues and your coach was bitching about how the game is fixed instead of focusing your energy on winning a hockey game. Crazy

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

Benn-Eakin-Sharp
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Janmark-Fiddler-Sceviour
Moen-Seguin-Ritchie

I rather have a healthy Seguin by Round 2 (if we get the Wild first) than running a risk of injuring himself again if rushed.

Top Bottom