• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

I can't watch to tonights game but I won't be surprised if the Hawks go out the way they're playing. Though Nashville's goal song sucks pretty bad they may want to change it for the next round against the blues

Solo

Eichel got Byslma and Murray fired :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gonna be even more hilarious when he walks out of the franchise as a UFA at 25.

BTails

Yeah, after Elliot's amazing play in the last few months of the regular season, I was very excited for the playoffs. By game 3, I was back to my normal Flames self: Absolutely terrified every time the puck got close to our net (See also: Hiller, Ramo, Ortio, Berra)

calder

Was wandering the internet, lost and bored, and stumbled on a thread of Leaf fans complaining about Jim Hughson's badness in general and his awful Capitals bias in particular.

2919689-4831166425-29196.gif

joedick

His performance in Game 3 was *vintage* Lalime.

Hey, at least Lalime took the Sens to the conference finals one year.

I can't believe Murray is out in Buffalo. I thought he had the team on the right track, and three years is not enough to pull a team out of last place (technically two years, since they tanked his first year).

Cactus

Banned
Was wandering the internet, lost and bored, and stumbled on a thread of Leaf fans complaining about Jim Hughson's badness in general and his awful Capitals bias in particular.

Hughson is terrible! Haven't noticed any sort of Caps bias, though...

Well they're not wrong. Hughson will take every shot at the Leafs he can, and it's not even this series, it's every HNiC game he does with the Leafs playing.

Weevilone

Went to the Blues / Wild game last night. I should have studied sports psychology so I'd understand my team.

Blues were fine after the first (good even), but the first period was horrible. Like more effort went into the pregame skate horrible. Wild played like they should have played such a game.

And what was with 91 making that terrible drop-back pass? Shoot the damn puck! Crazy.

Also sick of watching every faceoff 3 times.

They hate everyone but Joe Bowen.

The Hughson crew sucked when it in included Healy because he legitimately did hate the Leafs for some reason.

Futureman

Went to the Blues / Wild game last night. I should have studied sports psychology so I'd understand my team.

Blues were fine after the first (good even), but the first period was horrible. Like more effort went into the pregame skate horrible. Wild played like they should have played such a game.

And what was with 91 making that terrible drop-back pass? Shoot the damn puck! Crazy.

Also sick of watching every faceoff 3 times.

Felt the same w/ Pens/Jackets Game 4. Pens just seemed to be playing like they didn't care. Hopefully that's rectified tonight. At least we got 4 goals in game 4 compared to your 0...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i would prefer davidson. emelin is coming in cold. remember his stretch mid season. i would prefer davidson to that.
I don't think he can be much worse than Davidson / Nesterov, might as well get him in and warmed up for the next round if they make it past the Rangers.

8 PM isn't really a late start time. I mean it's later than usual but do you guys tuck yourself into bed at 10 PM or something on the weekend?

Go Pens Go! A blowout would be nice! But Fleury's play the past two games says otherwise. Bob has been super average the entire series though (almost 4 goals per game against).

845 pm start for two central teams in a game that goes to overtime and doesnt end until after midnght on a weeknight is pretty late.

And that was game one of this series.

Last night started after 900 and wasnt finished until 1130. Eff that. I wake up at 530 every day. NHL is a joke when it comes to scheduling.

Weevilone

Felt the same w/ Pens/Jackets Game 4. Pens just seemed to be playing like they didn't care. Hopefully that's rectified tonight. At least we got 4 goals in game 4 compared to your 0...

Yeah we had to be satisfied with hearing the sound of puck on post a couple of times.

I also forgot to complain about the start time. No, I don't like to drive home after midnight. Thanks NHL.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In more offseason-y sort of news, sounds like the Rangers are going to be landing 23-year old (today is literally his birthday) Russian defenseman Alexei Bereglazov when his contract with Metallurg Magnitogorsk ends on May 1.

The scouting report I've heard on him is basically "big dude, defensive defenseman who excels in his own zone." Which, quite honestly, sounds like a dream right about now.

Solo

I can't believe Clod is going back to Patches-Danault-Rads after finally splitting them up during Game 4, which was about 2 months overdue. And frankly, Lehkonen-AGally-Rads looked like it could be a much more dangerous line.

But I guess this franchise will move mountains (or in this case, leave them in place) to try to get Captain Floater going. Sad!

Top Bottom