• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

In more offseason-y sort of news, sounds like the Rangers are going to be landing 23-year old (today is literally his birthday) Russian defenseman Alexei Bereglazov when his contract with Metallurg Magnitogorsk ends on May 1.

The scouting report I've heard on him is basically "big dude, defensive defenseman who excels in his own zone." Which, quite honestly, sounds like a dream right about now.

I thought the Rangers D was good?

Solo

danault is the new desharnais. expect him on the 1st line going forward.
pac should be moved but won;t

I don't want him moved (unless his contract demands are crazy, in which case....bye Felicia), but he needs to be stripped of the C. Both because he's not a leader/heart and soul guy, and because it gives him too much power. I have no doubt that the "top" line hasn't been broken up yet in large part due to Max's desire to play with Rads and Danault exclusively. Weber should be wearing the C.

bigJP

I don't want him moved (unless his contract demands are crazy, in which case....bye Felicia), but he needs to be stripped of the C. Both because he's not a leader/heart and soul guy, and because it gives him too much power. I have no doubt that the "top" line hasn't been broken up yet in large part due to Max's desire to play with Rads and Danault exclusively. Weber should be wearing the C.

i would trade half the team if i could. havent like the direction the canadiens have been going in for awhile.

Solo

I mean, he's a perennial 30 goal scorer, and there aren't too many of those guys floating (do you see what I did there?) around. So you keep him. But the fact that he was named Captain just goes to show what a tire fire that locker room was in 2015. Strip him and just let him snipe goals.

Foggy

Foggy, there will be a day our BJs are eliminated....

NLb_JZk_L.gif

I believe! I always had faith!

calder

Enzo Ferrari is rolling in his grave.

It should be a crime to do that to a car that nice.

People from newfoundland... Newfoundlanders.
Even as a Labradorian I fucking hate the word newfie.

I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland and/or Labrador. The travel commercials you see make it all look so damn cool, but my wife has this bizarre hatred of any sort of "east coast maritime" looking settings. She says the ocean and the landscape always looks cold, dangerous and threatening to her and she would never go. Yeah she's pretty weird I know.

Just saw Oshie's second goal from last night....

A 1 on 4 turns into two bad turnovers in like 3 seconds and a wide open Oshie, right after the Leafs made it a 1 goal game.

So glad I didn't have to see that disaster live.

Montreal should be throwing money at a player like TJ Oshie in the offseason and maybe trade Byron in the offseason... no offence to him but I think he could get us something with the way he's playing now.

Montreal should be throwing money at a player like TJ Oshie in the offseason and maybe trade Byron in the offseason... no offence to him but I think he could get us something with the way he's playing now.

Oshie plays wing right? Shouldn't the Habs save their money to throw at a centre to play on the top line?

Weevilone

I haven't watched that much of Oshie since he's been with the Caps. Does he still tend to over stickhandle? He used to drive me nuts with that, but a great kid no doubt. Looks like he's a great piece of that line.

I haven't watched that much of Oshie since he's been with the Caps. Does he still tend to over stickhandle? He used to drive me nuts with that, but a great kid no doubt. Looks like he's a great piece of that line.

He works his butt off every shift, but I do worry about his skating getting even worse on the back end of his career.

Pikma

Banned
Yo HabsGAF you think you could give us top4 Benn back? You can have his lesser brother in exchange, I'll even add Seguin and a pick, I don't want you to feel fleeced

calder

I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland and/or Labrador. The travel commercials you see make it all look so damn cool, but my wife has this bizarre hatred of any sort of "east coast maritime" looking settings. She says the ocean and the landscape always looks cold, dangerous and threatening to her and she would never go. Yeah she's pretty weird I know.

I assume Newfoundland is like this all day every day which is why I want to visit.

h6WPiVj.jpg

Top Bottom