• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Pens will get their first goal on a freak bounce trying to clear it, but only after Washington has accumulated their 25th SOG with none making it in.

BOOK IT.

Futureman

Caps going all out in the 1st. They will crumble in 2nd and 3rd when they are too tired.

if Pens had all these chances the game would be 4-0 right now.

This first period is carbon copy of the third period of game 1. Caps are just destroying Pens, they should have got a couple goals already. Pens can barely avoid icing the puck every time.

a916

If it wasn't for Fleury and the Caps missing some key chances, this would be a 3, 4-0 game.

I hope for their sake they don't let up because the script usually goes the goalie keeps them in it long enough for the other team to score on their handful of chances (like last game)

a916

The Caps are owning the puck right now, and owned it last game too... chasing the puck has it's toll on you.

Caps need to have the mental strength to keep it going even if Pittsburgh scores first.

Alucard

Banned
Ruh-roh. Caps PP with just around 2 minutes left in the first.

A goal now would be...

daleHunterBAD.gif

a916

Why does it look like the Caps are on a permanent power play?

Collapsing to the net makes it harder to generate speed when you're always headed to your own crease. Also Washington is way too skilled to think Pittsburgh could get away with doing what they did with Bob-4.20 GAA-rovsky

Alucard

Banned
Phew. Okay, now we can stop complaining about the Caps not getting any PPs, and the Pens can get down to the business of dominating period two like they've done most of these playoffs so far.

mo60

So it looks likely at this point unless both the ducks and rangers pull a miracle a lot of people's stanley cups brackets and their second round predictions will be destroyed.

I dunno, this happens a lot where a team jumps out super strong in the 1st and then the 2nd and 3rd normalize.

I guess good PK Pens...

It can happen but I don't think it will in this game, there's a huge gap between both teams tonight. Pens don't look very interested, Caps need to ceize their opportunities.

Edit : Nevermind... What a soft goal

Top Bottom