• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

I found this while googling Slew Foot LOL

habs fans will get a kick out of it

RyanWhite-MichelTherrien-SlewFoot-Trip-Animated.gif

Alucard

Banned
The Crosby play was a weird sequence of unfortunate incidents. I don't see a slewfoot and I don't see an intentional cross check.

Socreges

Banned
you are right its not a slew foot since he doesnt pull backwards on sid's upper body, its just a blatant trip
It isn't a slew foot or a trip. It's Crosby doing a toe drag into the crease (as Holtby poke checks) as his left skate collides with Ovi who is backchecking (and maybe slashing, I can't tell).

This reminds me of when people were cursing Steckel when Crosby got smoked in the head. Even though Steckel tried to get out of his way.

It isn't a slew foot or a trip. It's Crosby doing a toe drag into the crease (as Holtby poke checks) as his left skate collides with Ovi who is backchecking (and maybe slashing, I can't tell).
its skate on skate with a completely wide stance that only happens to make that contact, thats a trip

Alucard

Banned
I was convinced Rust would score there

Holtby has something to prove this game, and he's proving it so far. Not a ton of golden chances, but enough decent ones that Holtby's been able to stop to build his confidence.

The Caps probably feel pretty good about that period. The second is the Pens' best, so that'll be a good barometer of how this game is going to go.

All that said, Crosby likely being injured for lord knows how long has put a dark cloud over this game.

Futureman

Hey guys if your star player, best in the world, gets hurt, don't have any emotional reaction. Just say five Our Fathers and then bake some snickerdoodles during intermission.

ShaneB

Yes, we should be more worried about a stupid penalty from Malkin which he's been doing all playoffs instead of losing our best player to injury. Moronic.

Did I say worry? I said complain. It's natural to worry. Fuck even I don't want Crosby hurt. I like good hockey and he's fun to watch.

I'm tired of ranting on player safety and "player solidarity" being nonsense. It's a shitty play by Niskanen. The penalty was dished out. The Pens didn't capitalize. Do you want to get to pick a Caps player to be gone?

Line_HTX

Call is correct and he deserved to be thrown out, but probably should have called on on Ovechkin also. And I don't think Niskanen was deliberate but rather reacting or something.

Socreges

Banned
its skate on skate with a completely wide stance that only happens to make that contact, thats a trip
They skated into each other. That's a collision.

Hey guys if your star player, best in the world, gets hurt, don't have any emotional reaction. Just say five Our Fathers and then bake some snickerdoodles during intermission.
Hey guys if people are posting stupid things, don't bother calling them out!

Call is correct and he deserved to be thrown out, but probably should have called on on Ovechkin also. And I don't think Niskanen was deliberate but rather reacting or something.
🤔

Top Bottom