• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Oh well, Crosby injury is all that matters tonight. Feel pretty confident if he comes back since we're missing 3 of our best players and it took a penalty in OT for them to win.

yuraya

Pretty close to offsides on that goal. Surprised they didn't look at it.

Regardless Holtby gets bailed out. So close to choking.

I was just gonna say acid said hug the nuts. Not lick and taste them.

If you need more tips though...

uiSnnS5.gif

Foggy

If they say it wasn't about eliminating Crosby, the Capitals are liars. And if that sounds like an unfair accusation to make of the Capitals, then please consider my decade of experience covering a sport I love and a league I really, really, really want to give the benefit of the doubt.

Well you can't argue with that

bigJP

does drouin grind enough to be a center?
if not we can use him as 4th line rw

edit: there two nhl threads!!! no wonder i;v been getting confused

This Caps team can suck my dick. I'm so tired of the bullshit interviews after, too. Holtby said, "we faced some adversity at the end there" after last night's game. Adversity? They were missing half their fucking team by the end and most importantly their best player. Not to say the Pens aren't still great without those guys but, Jesus, you could have at least held on to win in regulation.

Instead, they started playing keep-away with 7 fucking minutes left. That is bum behavior, completely characteristic of this team every playoffs.

And I swear to god if there's one more game of this pass-pass-pass-pass-lose-the-puck bullshit when players have an obvious opportunity to shoot, then I've lost all hope in Trotz as a coach. This is glaring problem game after game, series after series. SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK. Even that Kuznetsov goal, despite going in, took like 6 months. We watched game one with a friend of ours who doesn't watch hockey and even HE pointed out that the Caps "seem more of a passing team." Yeah, and they're not even particularly good at it.

I have no confidence they'll win the next game, with or without Crosby. They'll get right back to their casual skating, utter refusal to shoot, constant whiffs on the few shots they do take, and generally being outplayed, looking like they just want to get it over and done with. Loser mentality by a team of losers and chokers.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This Caps team can suck my dick. I'm so tired of the bullshit interviews after, too. Holtby said, "we faced some adversity at the end there" after last night's game. Adversity? They were missing half their fucking team by the end and most importantly their best player. Not to say the Pens aren't still great without those guys but, Jesus, you could have at least held on to win in regulation.

Instead, they started playing keep-away with 7 fucking minutes left. That is bum behavior, completely characteristic of this team every playoffs.

And I swear to god if there's one more game of this pass-pass-pass-pass-lose-the-puck bullshit when players have an obvious opportunity to shoot, then I've lost all hope in Trotz as a coach. This is glaring problem game after game, series after series. SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK. Even that Kuznetsov goal, despite going in, took like 6 months. We watched game one with a friend of ours who doesn't watch hockey and even HE pointed out that the Caps "seem more of a passing team." Yeah, and they're not even particularly good at it.

I have no confidence they'll win the next game, with or without Crosby. They'll get right back to their casual skating, utter refusal to shoot, constant whiffs on the few shots they do take, and generally being outplayed, looking like they just want to get it over and done with. Loser mentality by a team of losers and chokers.

This guy gets it

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing like an 8:30pm puck drop between two Central time zone teams to go along with my 5:00am morning.

Watch this game go to OT too like the last late start in Nashville.

There was no jumping. Niskanen was paying attention to the puck and saw Crosby coming down towards him and raised his stick as a guard.

If you insist it was any kind of targeting or attempt to cross-check him in the head, despite the clear evidence to the contrary, you are a blatant homer and possibly an idiot.

imBask

Banned
There was no jumping. Niskanen was paying attention to the puck and saw Crosby coming down towards him and raised his stick as a guard.

If you insist it was any kind of targeting or attempt to cross-check him in the head, despite the clear evidence to the contrary, you are a blatant homer and possibly an idiot.

I kinda disagree, I don't think it was intentional or a bounty, but he didn't pulled back at all. He actually pushed his arms forward and smashed his stick into Crosby's face. I know hockey happens fast but you're in control of your stick and should be at all time, that's why a high stick is always called regardless of if it was accidental or not

He did get wacked in the head harder than he should've by a reflex

Top Bottom