• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Alucard

Banned
Pens reaching peak BM levels by throwing these last two to Washington to break their back on the road in game 7. It is genius really.

Absolutely brilliant pro wrestling psychology, really. It's like kicking out at one after taking your opponent's finisher, leaving them stunned despite their domination. And then coming back to wreck them with your own five moves of doom as they wonder just how the hell they lost.

PillarEN

justin-williams-2016-49.jpg

Oh shit. Yeah the Pens are screwed.

Line_HTX

What's wrong with leaving early at that deficit? Better to beat the traffic and stuff.

The 3-1 series lead curse streak continues.

Alucard

Banned
The Pens just slipped doubt into the Caps' minds, friends. A reminder that they still have a long way to go, and their banners don't mean much.

Game seven should be fun.

Parch

I'm a bit surprised, but I wouldn't write off the Pens just yet. Easy enough to shrug it off and get their act together for game 7.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know what to think about this Caps-Pens series at this point. On the one hand, never bet on the Caps. On the other hand, I have watched the Pens blow a 3-1 series lead in the recent past, so it's not like they're immune to choking.

Pikma

Banned
Don't know what to think about this Caps-Pens series at this point. On the one hand, never bet on the Caps. On the other hand, I have watched the Pens blow a 3-1 series lead in the recent past, so it's not like they're immune to choking.
Is there any possible scenario where both teams get eliminated?

Alucard

Banned

Yeah, hard to see how this one will end. I could see a blowout victory for either side in game seven. You just never know. If the Caps do win, I'll actually be cheering for them to win the Cup.

Something interesting I've noticed about both Calgary and Edmonton fans overall is that they seem to be incredibly angry for some reason. What makes it worse is that the slightest bit of success (like scoring a goal or winning a game) marries this incredible anger with an equally incredible sense of smugness and entitlement. A truly winning combination.

Is there something in the water up in Alberta? I always thought that Canadians were supposed to be nice to a fault, but denizens of Alberta seem different for some reason.

HEEEEYYY!!! What the heck!

No joke, I mean it and it absolutely fascinates me.

You'll see it in here if the Oilers win game 7. People we've never seen before will be in here swearing up a storm telling us to go fuck ourselves and burn in hell. I can't wait to see it.

Like, Kings fans are absolute d-bags, but they're not angry. They're having the time of their lives. The anger I'm talking about is palpable, and I have only seen it like this from the two Alberta teams.

Edit: RaySpencer is good people.

Oh ok, were besties again.

Top Bottom