• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Marvie_3

Banned
Obviously that needs to be amended. The idea that contact with anything else won't cause a concussion is ridiculous.

My hockey career ended when I was hit from behind from 4-5 feet out and went headfirst into the boards. I hit the player's bench door and thankfully it was one of the old lift-latch style and popped open. I was out cold and wound up at University of Alberta hospital for six weeks with a grade three concussion and some clotting.

Didn't play again that year, couldn't play ball for most of the summer without headaches, and then got back on the ice in fall and froze up the first time I turned to the boards with someone behind me. By the time therapy got me over that, I had no shot at continuing to play.
Ouch. That really sucks.

I went headfirst into the boards in a pickup game once and ended up with a concussion but thankfully it was nowhere near as bad as yours. Knocked me right the fuck out.

I had 2 others that I know of from playing football in junior high/high school which is part of why I quit playing. That and being too small anyway. :lol

Concussions suck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight is Tanner's Last Stand. Dude is a pending UFA. Time to unleash a whole bunch of grit, determination, and character/60 all over the Sens.

Could also be the last night at the Garden as a Ranger for Dan Girardi and/or Marc Staal. Same might also be said for Rick Nash or Derek Stepan, who could find themselves involved in some expansion draft trading fuckery in the next month in order to open up the ability to protect Jesper Fast.

Would be nice if we could delay such conversations for another 2-5 weeks, though.

Heretic

Looks like Nate Thompson is out injured. Called up Sam Carrick from the minors.

Man, I'm nervous about game 7. Also getting used to it.

If it's ANA/OTT for the Cup Finals, I can't feel nothing but happiness for Cake Boss if Ottawa wins. He's a true good guy.
Hoping it's just another maintenance day for Thompson. So many injuries...

As a lifelong Perds fan I hope it is Perds VS. Caps
LOL I'd cheer for the Perds but James Neal.

Damn, Smack, brutal. Just brutal.

I for one can feel nothing but happiness for Cake Boss.
That was a little tasteless but we're all just nervous about Game 7.

I would love to see a happy Cake Bae!

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm just kidding around guys, just sitting here waiting for the big game. Yup, old game 7, can't wait for it.

210cf2d3341be070efa4e34af933692e_daffy-duck-is-a-nervous-wreck-waiting-for-bad-things-to-happen-on-nervous-wreck-meme_408-408.jpeg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Do duck fans go to disneyland everyday o: ? If someone gets excited about it, do you act like you have been there a million times D: ??

A lot of people who have annual passes will stop by multiple times per week just to eat dinner or go on like one ride for the hell of it especially since they opened Downtown Disney and parking is easy as pie. I had some friends in high school who did that. Not me though, I'm too cool.

People who get excited about it are definitely informed about the fact that Disneyland is no big deal to us.

Line_HTX

Lundquist at .930 to Anderson's .909. Rangers got this.

Ref was about to call a high stick on Brassard anyway, but regardless Holden played that super badly.

Top Bottom