• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leafs inexperience/lack in Defense showed and ultimately cost them, but they outperformed all expectations and should be proud of themselves. Once they pick up some D and the rookies keep their pace/don't fall into a sophomore slump they're gonna be really scary.

Ducks in 6
Perds in 5
Snes in 7
Penis in 7

4/4

... after I went 2/8 in the first round.

-cough-

ljectkO.jpg

EDF6Odc.jpg

4Qjylzj.jpg

pz8rXGU.jpg

The result of this game is quite satisfactory.

RC

Banned
I was the only person to have 4 teams in the second round of the playoffs in the office. Was leading the pool and feeling pretty good about my picks.
Now I'm just left with Ottawa. Who most likely won't get past the Pens. This was a shitty Wednesday.

PillarEN

What is the general injury status for the Pens? Are they getting anybody back in the next series? Probably the most banged up team regardless if they are suiting up or not. Very curious about what injuries this team will release after the playoffs are done.

mo60

I was the only person to have 4 teams in the second round of the playoffs in the office. Was leading the pool and feeling pretty good about my picks.
Now I'm just left with Ottawa. Who most likely won't get past the Pens. This was a shitty Wednesday.

They may have been weakened a bit by their close series with their capitals. Not sure if crosby and some of the other players on the penguins will be able to handle the senators at this point. The senators mostly came out of their series with the rangers with little to no bruises or major injuries if I recall.

Too good not to share...

Also hihi Pens fan since like 1990, lurker here because I talk hockey mostly with a bunch of Pens fans that made their own board after the Official Penguins board went to shit.

I say this just so I don't look like a bandwagooner or something.

Pikma

Banned
Too good not to share...

Also hihi Pens fan since like 1990, lurker here because I talk hockey mostly with a bunch of Pens fans that made their own board after the Official Penguins board went to shit.

Look at this bandwagoner

Welcome, rookie

Too good not to share...

Welcome to PensGaf!!!!!!
\ o /

Alucard

Banned
Too good not to share...

It's safe here. But you will still get called for being a bandwagoner from time to time. I've been a fan since March 1991 and still get called either a fair weather fan or a bandwagoner. Just roll with it as an occupational hazard.

imBask

Banned
I was about 6 when I became a Pens fan... think it was mid 90-91 season

Don't worry, we only call Alucard a bandwagonner because he only shows up for the playoffs. As a cool person from WrassleGAF you already have some pre-established respect

we're all penguins now, quackquack

bigJP

I became a habs fan then they traded Roy a few weeks later. Nothing but misery since

Never betting on caps again. At least the ducks evened it out

Alucard

Banned
Well the Pens won the Cup in 1991 so....

How and when kids become fans is totally arbitrary. I've told this story before but my family moved to a new townhouse, and I found myself in a new school where EVERYONE was into hockey. Before that, I went to a school where the culture of hockey fandom simply didn't exist among nine-year-olds. Just so happened that my neighbour was also a hockey fan and a Penguins fan. He told me about Mario Lemieux, I watched some games, and became a fan. Just so happened that the first two years I was a Pens fan, they won the Cup. Ridiculously lucky way to become a fan of a team.

Alucard

Banned
Don't worry, we only call Alucard a bandwagonner because he only shows up for the playoffs. As a cool person from WrassleGAF you already have some pre-established respect

we're all penguins now, quackquack

I've been a card carrying member of NHL GAF for over fifteen years and used to post here all the time. Priorities change when you get married and have kids, friend.

Solo

How and when kids become fans is totally arbitrary. I've told this story before but my family moved to a new townhouse, and I found myself in a new school where EVERYONE was into hockey. Before that, I went to a school where the culture of hockey fandom simply didn't exist among nine-year-olds. Just so happened that my neighbour was also a hockey fan and a Penguins fan. He told me about Mario Lemieux, I watched some games, and became a fan. Just so happened that the first two years I was a Pens fan, they won the Cup. Ridiculously lucky way to become a fan of a team.

I'm just razzing you. I became a Habs fan at 6 in 1989, just in time to watch them lose a Cup to Calgary lol. That's why 1993 is special to me. I was 10 when the Habs won that Cup, so it was a pretty integral moment in my childhood. Still have a Kirk Muller jersey somewhere.

Alucard

Banned
I'm just razzing you. I became a Habs fan at 6 in 1989, just in time to watch them lose a Cup to Calgary lol. That's why 1993 is special to me. I was 10 when the Habs won that Cup, so it was a pretty integral moment in my childhood. Still have a Kirk Muller jersey somewhere.

I remember that year very well. It was the year the Pens were supposed to steamroll to their third straight Stanley Cup and went on a 17-game winning streak in the regular season. (Think it was 17) It was also the year I experienced my first crushing experience as a fan...the Pens losing to the Islanders in game 7 of the second round. Fuck David Volek. I remember Habs management being happy that they were getting the Islanders and not the Penguins in the conference finals. Ya'll should be thankful for David fucking Volek that year. Who knows how a Pens/Habs conference would have gone back then? But yeah, totally crushing year. Man. Patrick Roy was something else, though.

I remember that year very well. It was the year the Pens were supposed to steamroll to their third straight Stanley Cup and went on a 17-game winning streak in the regular season. (Think it was 17) It was also the year I experienced my first crushing experience as a fan...the Pens losing to the Islanders in game 7 of the second round. Fuck David Volek. I remember Habs management being happy that they were getting the Islanders and not the Penguins in the conference finals. Ya'll should be thankful for David fucking Volek that year. Who knows how a Pens/Habs conference would have gone back then? But yeah, totally crushing year. Man. Patrick Roy was something else, though.

Volek in 93 and Fitzgerald in 96... Uggggggggggh

Funny thought that Fitzgerald won his first and only cup as an assistant coach with the Pens in 09.... weird how things happen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I only became a fan of hockey and the Leafs because I was watching TV with my dad and something about Dave Keon flashed across the screen. I spent the next few years watching the team in blue and white as much as I could looking for the guy with my name. Just so happened the Gilmour years coincided with this and I became a fan.

It wasn't until many years later I learned Dave Keon hadn't played for decades at that point.

I only became a fan of hockey and the Leafs because I was watching TV with my dad and something about Dave Keon flashed across the screen. I spent the next few years watching the team in blue and white as much as I could looking for the guy with my name. Just so happened the Gilmour years coincided with this and I became a fan.

It wasn't until many years later I learned Dave Keon hadn't played for decades at that point.

I'm pretty sure I became a Pens fans because I watched a random game as a kid and they won... pretty sure I hate the Bruins because they were the team the Pens beat and I as a kid hated them for "having" Pittsburgh's colours XD

Now I just hate the Bruins because fuck Marchand.

Solo

On paper those Pens would have crushed the Habs in the ECF and as such, the Isles did us a favor. Then the Habs handled the Isles easily 4-1.

But it's hard to say how that series would have shaken out. On paper the Pens were better, but that was also a heck of a Habs team that was so resilient and clutch (10-0 in OT....just insane), and Roy was at his peak. Would have been close.

Your name is Dave Keon?!

Solo

I think we can all agree that any of the 3 teams that isn't the Pens winning the Cup is acceptable. Pens just won it last year, have won it twice in the last 7 years, and been in the final in 3 of the past 8 years.

Order of preference of Cup winners:

1. Nashville for Subban
2. Ducks
3. Sens
4. Pens

Who will actually win:

Pens

:(

I think we can all agree that any of the 3 teams that isn't the Pens winning the Cup is acceptable. Pens just won it last year, have won it twice in the last 7 years, and been in the final in 3 of the past 8 years.

Order of preference of Cup winners:

1. Nashville for Subban
2. Ducks
3. Sens
4. Pens

Who will actually win:

Pens

:(

Nah fuck the Ducks if it's not the Pens let it be someone completely new. I mean I'm originally from Ottawa so let it be them if not the Pens but if Nashville dats cool too... in short just fuck the Ducks

Solo

Stolen from HFBoards:

Ottawa at 5v5 these playoffs:

With Karlsson on ice: 12GF, 6GA
Without Karlsson: 10GF, 18GA

So basically, take a run at Karlsson in Game 1 and then enjoy your sweep, Pens?

Cake Boss

Banned
Stolen from HFBoards:

So basically, take a run at Karlsson in Game 1 and then enjoy your sweep, Pens?

Yeah I am sure the Bruins and Rangers weren't as smart as you Colo and didn't think of that before.

Did you go to the Thierrien school of hockey coaching?

Foggy

Yeah it'll be a Pens and Quacks finals which sucks. It's hard to look forward to another cup for the Pens or for good things to happen to Kesler and Perry, but bad guys usually win. Trump's America. Stats are stats.

Top Bottom