• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Yeah it'll be a Pens and Quacks finals which sucks. It's hard to look forward to another cup for the Pens or for good things to happen to Kesler and Perry, but bad guys usually win. Trump's America. Stats are stats.

Nah Preds are fucking mental right now I think Rinne carries them by

Calamari41

41 > 38
Rinne is unbeatable right now. Nashville looks more complete than our team. They have PK Subban too. It will be tough

We don't stand a chance. Did you see that they already beat two teams just to get here?

The league will step in after two games and call the series, creating a new mercy rule just for us. Congratulations in advance to Preds-GAF, the most stacked fanbase in this community.

imBask

Banned
Nashville looks like a time on a mission, nothing is stopping them

not even the DISRISPEKTFUL hip hawp music this PK Subban fella keeps putting in the locker room

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just as long as everyone has fun out there.

Impossible at this rate. The most we can do is be respectful to the Predators, defer to them, and hope they grant us a goal in this series out of the goodness of their hearts.

We are decent people, Preds Nation. Please be kind to us.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Impossible at this rate. The most we can do is be respectful to the Predators, defer to them, and hope they grant us a goal in this series out of the goodness of their hearts.

We are decent people, Preds Nation. Please be kind to us.

We at Perds nation are a kind people. If you listen to one full country album, that would go a long way in showing you truly do respect us.

Calamari41

41 > 38
We at Perds nation are a kind people. If you listen to one full country album, that would go a long way in showing you truly do respect us.

Please find attached photographic evidence, a picture of Creeper's my son's nursery:

Vintage-nursery-room-music-themes-decor-with-red-rustic-cabinet-and-black-iron-railing-baby-srib-plus-music-poster-wall-decor.jpg

Now it is final, I can reveal our trap.

After reviewing hundreds of hours of footage about Randy Carlyle I have found his weakness. Little does he know that Nashville is constantly hailed as the toaster capital of Tennessee. Our complex and storied toaster culture will confuse him and deprive him of breakfast, the meal of champions. Without that the Ducks will surely lose.

RBH

Go Predators because they're one of the last bastions of hope for hockey in the South

Go Senators because Canada is neat

Alucard

Banned
Nashville looks like a time on a mission, nothing is stopping them

not even the DISRISPEKTFUL hip hawp music this PK Subban fella keeps putting in the locker room

His chicanery is a smear on our great Canadian sport. It's just not white. I mean, right.

Ashhong

8:00 pm is as good as you're going to get for games being played on the west coast.

The 8:30 pm starts were stupid because both teams were in the Central time zone.

It's a shit time for the Ducks. The center is going to be missing a ton of people and it's going to make it extremely hard for me to get there on time. People are already late when regular season games start at 7.

Jinaar

Grats Anaheim fans for the win last night. Sucks the Oilers played so terribly, specifically Lucic "The Molasses Man", Eberle "Neither Seen Nor Heard" and any Oiler trying to get the puck out of their zone.

I hope lessons are learned for this young team over the off season and we can shed some of that 18 million dollars of slothfulness from the 3 stooges.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Prediction time:

Senators in 6 - UPSET SPECIAL. Injuries catch up to the Penguins. Karlsson logs 45 minutes per game, ascends to godhood.
I don't actually think this will happen, but I wanna believe!
Predators in 6 - The Preds kind of feel like this year's version of the 2012 Kings, with less wife beating and more country music. If Rinne keeps playing out of his mind, it's hard to pick against them.

BUT YOU'RE STILL #1 IN MY HEART, YOU BEAUTIFUL DUCKIES!

2Y9gqMJ.gif

Parch

Well, that was disappointing. Edmonton has won their fair share of grind-it-out games this year but couldn't get it done last night. I thought Talbot was shaky on the 2 goals and the offense just couldn't create or finish enough opportunities. It was a crazy series. Lots of crazy bounces and pinball goals. Ducks got more breaks and bounces.

No worries. Playing games in May still means it was a very successful season for the young Oilers. It does feel like a lost opportunity though. This is the year anybody in the semis can win the Cup. Go Sens.

I strongly believe that history repeats itself. Toronto and Washington will never accomplish anything in the NHL playoffs, and the Oilers need playoff experience before starting a dynasty. History is right on track.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shit time for the Ducks. The center is going to be missing a ton of people and it's going to make it extremely hard for me to get there on time. People are already late when regular season games start at 7.

Yeah, I meant good for Preds fans haha. 6pm starts are never fun.

Time zones suck.

Is sefskillz still around? He was the OG Preds fan on NHL GAF.

I seem to recall seeing preds.gif in the Off-Season thread, but other than that I haven't seen him.

PillarEN

Boilers could have used a goal scorer last night.

C_iyPqfXgAENg6N.jpg

Pastrnak and Palat making us proud. I'm actually surprised that they would be in the top 10. Even though it's not a huge deal for the national team altogether. Even if they were mega stars there would still be troubles on defense. On the other hand who cares when there are no Olympics.

Order of teams I want towin the Cup:
1. Preds
2. Sens
3. Ducks (Getzlaf and Perry? No way man)
4. Pens (As a Wings fan I can't put them anywhere other than the last spot)

But for the sake of the bracket let's go Pens!!!

Prediction time:

Senators in 6 - UPSET SPECIAL. Injuries catch up to the Penguins. Karlsson logs 45 minutes per game, ascends to godhood.
I don't actually think this will happen, but I wanna believe!
Predators in 6 - The Preds kind of feel like this year's version of the 2012 Kings, with less wife beating and more country music. If Rinne keeps playing out of his mind, it's hard to pick against them.

BUT YOU'RE STILL #1 IN MY HEART, YOU BEAUTIFUL DUCKIES!

2Y9gqMJ.gif

You know you're always loved here. Your predictions may be right though. Predators are too good.

Hopefully we can figure out a way for you to watch a game while at E3.

Top Bottom