• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Calamari41

41 > 38
Edmonton looked really good in the playoffs, just need a little more experience. Young, fast, skilled, big, they're good.

Larsson is real good at defense.

Bear in mind that Edmonton looked a lot better in the score/win total than they actually were due to quite a bit of help from the refs. They won't be able to rely on that going forward.

Bear in mind that Edmonton looked a lot better in the score/win total than they actually were due to quite a bit of help from the refs. They won't be able to rely on that going forward.

There's a thread on HFBoards where they want to send a message to the NHL by refusing to watch another minute of playoff hockey.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's a thread on HFBoards where they want to send a message to the NHL by refusing to watch another minute of playoff hockey.

Wow you guys should be worried.

They might retroactively award the Oilers game 7 when they lose tens of viewers. Ducks had a good run, better luck next year.

Parch

Good to see most of the posts in that thread are shooting down the stupidity of the OP.

But the Oilers board on HF is full of idiots. The last decade has been a shit show of frustration, trolling, and fanboyism. All the Oiler fans I know avoid it like the plague.

PillarEN

It's a sad state for all Canadians teams when we're using Conference finals as the bar for which team has been the most successful. :(

How many Canadian teams have made it to the SC final in the last 20 years? Canucks, Oilers, Flames and Senators each once?

That makes them still more successful than the Leafs and Canadiens.

Holiday

Banned
I could never root for a team that went that long between finals appearances. I have too much respect for myself to denigrate myself in that manner.

In series matchups, Anaheim has never beaten Nashville in the playoffs.

I remember that awesome Bobby Ryan goal and Ray Emery being the goalie

And last year I still remember

Parch

I won't watch another second of hockey until we offer sheet Draisaitl. Who's with me?!
I'm surprised offer sheets aren't used more often. It's an option that nobody takes advantage of. It's not just a bunch of old school GM's either. They all think it's bad karma to be doing it.

Unless it's a lottery pick, the value of draft picks are waaay overrated. Raise the draft age and then they'll finally be considered more than just crapshoot gambles.

Solo

I'm surprised offer sheets aren't used more often. It's an option that nobody takes advantage of. It's not just a bunch of old school GM's either. They all think it's bad karma to be doing it.

Unless it's a lottery pick, the value of draft picks are waaay overrated. Raise the draft age and then they'll finally be considered more than just crapshoot gambles.

I wouldn't think twice about the compensatory picks we'd give up to offer sheet Drasaitl. Our drafting sucks anyway. I'd love to see Bergevin make a bold move like that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Creeper is taking care of Calamari's kid so he's the ultimate good cat

I dunno, my source provided me with this video:

"Can I call my dad?"
028-animals-vs-kids-cat-hits-baby.gif

mo60

Virk still believes!

Lol. Wasn't that the only person that said that the sens would win against the rangers when round two started?

Anyway I think the ducks can lose against the preds in 4 games if they play the same way they were playing at times against the oilers. In reality they may get to five or six games before they get knocked out.The senators probably have a slight advantage against the penguins because the capitals gave the penguins a run for their money at times while the senators usually did great against the rangers in both enemy and home territory and came out of that series with little to no bruises.

Alucard

Banned
Lol. Wasn't that the only person that said that the sens would win against the rangers when round two started?

Anyway I think the ducks can lose against the preds in 4 games if they play the same way they were playing at times against the oilers. In reality they may get to five or six games before they get knocked out.The senators probably have a slight advantage against the penguins because the capitals gave the penguins a run for their money at times while the senators usually did great against the rangers in both enemy and home territory and came out of that series with little to no bruises.

Pens have knocked out the #3 and #1 seeds, mang. They're building adversity calluses.

Top Bottom