• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

calder

Wow all 4 teams must be looking at the field and salivating. All the teams have some question marks, whoever losses will feel extra bad because the it seems extra wide open right now.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wow all 4 teams must be looking at the field and salivating. All the teams have some question marks, whoever losses will feel extra bad because the it seems extra wide open right now.

It's like when everyone is at 100% damage on their last life in Smash Bros and a hammer drops in the middle of the stage.

mo60

There is no hockey tonight.

The world is praying for Pens v Ducks. I think Nash v Sens might be the best matchup.

It's going to be interesting if both the ducks and pens get knocked out in the conference finals.

Probability of winning the Cup...

Pens 50%
Nash 25%
Ducks 15%
Sens 10%

I've done lots of scientific research.

In reality it's probably

Pens:35%
Nash: 30%
Ducks:10%
Senators: 25%(But that completely depends on who faces them if they reach the cup finals)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This Trump/Comey stuff is incredible. It's all so surreal

Sorry, this should be in the Offseason thread...!

I don't even know what to respond anymore at this point. Every day things just get worse and more ridiculous, and no end in sight.

Alucard

Banned
I don't even know what to respond anymore at this point. Every day things just get worse and more ridiculous, and no end in sight.

So weird that there's no end. Clinton got impeached for far less.

Trump;
-makes claims about wiretapping with zero proof and doesn't have to back it up
-says he'll release his taxes after the audit...nope
-fires the head of the FBI, who was investigating him

...and so much more. I can't believe there are still those who would actually support this goddamn moron.

Socreges

Banned

Trump;

...and so much more. I can't believe there are still those who would actually support this goddamn moron.
That didn't actually happen, sir

Marvie_3

Banned

Trump;

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

That didn't actually happen, sir
Yes, it did actually. Congress just didnt have the votes to remove him from office.

Alucard

Banned
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

Yes, it did actually. Congress just didnt have the votes to remove him from office.

Well, he's apparently been losing approval points among white men without a college degree since the FBI news, so there's that to be somewhat happy about.

George Carlin was too good for this world.

Alucard

Banned
Last one before the conference finals. G'nite.

tmj8nND.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Please almighty hockey gods, let the Perds and SNES win these matchups.

IDGAF about ratings, I want to see a team that hasn't won the cup win it.

(Well, I mean the previous Senators team did, but that was in 1911)

Capitals being the favourite on paper is a pretty damn good argument against stats

You'd figure by now that those people would realize that the Second Round is their kryptonite.

Alucard

Banned
Capitals being the favourite on paper is a pretty damn good argument against stats

It's funny that any time the playoffs start I don't feel worried about the Caps as much as other teams, regardless of where they are in the standings. They gave me a fright this year, but going into the post season, they weren't a team I was overly concerned about.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's funny that any time the playoffs start I don't feel worried about the Caps as much as other teams, regardless of where they are in the standings. They gave me a fright this year, but going into the post season, they weren't a team I was overly concerned about.

They're always "REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS" nearly every year, but fold faster than Superman on laundry day when it comes to the playoffs.

It's going to be an interesting off-season for sure.

imBask

Banned

there's nothing to worry about, as soon as they started sorta struggling against the Leafs I knew this team was no different

Calamari41

41 > 38
They're always "REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS" nearly every year, but fold faster than Superman on laundry day when it comes to the playoffs.

It's going to be an interesting off-season for sure.

If we're being honest with ourselves, winning the regular season is a lot more meaningful than winning in the playoffs. The number of games in the regular season compared to post season means that there is way less statistical noise affecting the results. I'd rather hoist a President's Trophy than a Stanley Cup any day.

The Caps are laughing behind all of your backs. Another successful season as the provably best team in hockey. Whoever wins the Cup, well, that's basically just a competition to see who has better luck in a short time span.

Top Bottom