• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

zroid

Banned
If we're being honest with ourselves, winning the regular season is a lot more meaningful than winning in the playoffs. The number of games in the regular season compared to post season means that there is way less statistical noise affecting the results. I'd rather hoist a President's Trophy than a Stanley Cup any day.

The Caps are laughing behind all of your backs. Another successful season as the provably best team in hockey. Whoever wins the Cup, well, that's basically just a competition to see who has better luck in a short time span.

the european soccer fan in me wants to take this post seriously

Jinaar

I am on this playboff train now to hopefully see PK hold the cup over his head and just relish in the je ne sais quoi of the whole series of events that brought him to that moment. Also, to hopefully witness the gnawing and gnashing of teeth from Montreal and other team fans across North America. I want this moment.

Predators / Senators Final for great matchups and small markets.

Anaheim is a small market and we can provide good matchups. Who doesn't love seeing Getzlaf at the top of his game?

It's Ducks game day!

ScJHwiq.gif

You're my favorite Rangers fan. I mean... lifelong Ducks fan.

Quack quack

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I am on this playboff train now to hopefully see PK hold the cup over his head and just relish in the je ne sais quoi of the whole series of events that brought him to that moment. Also, to hopefully witness the gnawing and gnashing of teeth from Montreal and other team fans across North America. I want this moment.
The four possible Stanley Cup scenarios:

1) PK Subban wins the Cup
2) Nonis and Carlyle win the Cup
3) Phil Kessel becomes a two-time Stanley Cup Champion
4) The Ottawa Senators wins Canada's first Stanley Cup since 1993

They're all pretty delightful on the schadenfreude front, honestly.

Marvie_3

Banned

4 is the only acceptable option.

1 & 3 are Ideal. If the Sens are our only hope in getting a Stanley cup back then I don't want the cup back in Canada. Not Yet At Least. McDavid Blew it.

mo60

I hope snes upsets pens, but probably wont happen

You never know. I think the penguins grueling series against the caps may have weakened them a bit.They took a lot longer then I expected to get rid of the capitals. I think ottawa has a shot at winning the first game because they had more time to practice and rest compared to the penguins. Not sure if they will win the other games in the series yet.

Top Bottom