• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

giphy.gif

Good morning fam

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like the Hawks, but them getting eliminated in the first round is for the best, tired of watching them drive through the west every year.

Solo

So if the Caps, Hawks and Wild all fall in the first round, the Pens pretty much will glide to another Cup. Ugh.

Line_HTX

OK, I assumed there was one confirmed. I was wrong and I apologize.

Hope I'm not wrong in both Sharks and Blackhawks exiting the 1st Round in a very quick fashion. It'll make this playoffs more interesting.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I find it absolutely insane that 3 out of the 4 matchups in the West could potentially be over in 4 games.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So if the Caps, Hawks and Wild all fall in the first round, the Pens pretty much will glide to another Cup. Ugh.

I don't think so.

Of the teams that could come from the west: Predators, Blues, Ducks and Oilers... I'd say that all four would be a competent challenge for them. Though having the Oilers vs. Penguins would be Bettman's dream of generational talent vs. generational talent.

imBask

Banned
People are rougher around the edges in these parts.

we're all nervous

we all know that if the Leafs actually win this series, we'll hear about "that time the Leafs won a series" on every segment on TSN for the next 5 years

Federer wins a match? remember that time the Leafs won
F1 goes full electric? remember that time the Leafs won
Tom Brady uncovered as a robot? remember that time the Leafs won

yyzjohn

Banned
we're all nervous

we all know that if the Leafs actually win this series, we'll hear about "that time the Leafs won a series" on every segment on TSN for the next 5 years

Federer wins a game? remember that time the Leafs won
F1 goes full electric? remember that time the Leafs won
Tom Brady uncovered as a robot? remember that time the Leafs won

Embrace it man.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I should have just commented on opinion/preferences because that's what it comes down to. I just find the "no games" tiring. Both consoles' have more games than anyone has time for.

BTails

Well, at least I got a couple of flashy beer glasses at the Dome last night.

That outcome was not worth the lack of sleep and hangover.

I'M BENCHING YOU, CROSBY! 😭🖑
██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete.....
████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete....
███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete....
███████████] 99% complete..... 🚫ERROR!🚫
💯Elite💯 Centres are ⛔unbenchable⛔ I could never bench you Sid! 👨 Send this to ten other 😍Crosbyfans😍 who love 🎁The Kid🎁 or never use 🏒Crosby🏒 again😰😰❌⁉️ If you get 0 Back: Crosby gets an assist❌ 5 back: Crosby scores a goal🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 10 back: Crosby becomes a wizard🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

I gotchu mane

I'M BENCHING YOU, GLASS! 😭🖑
███████████] 99% complete..... 🚫ERROR!🚫
💯Elite💯 Centres are ⛔unbenchable⛔ I could never bench you Tanner! 👨 Send this to ten other 😍Glassfans😍 who love 🎁The #HeartofGlass🎁 or never use 🏒Glass🏒 again😰😰❌⁉️ If you get 0 Back: Glass gets an assist❌ 5 back: Glass scores a goal🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 10 back: Glass becomes a wizard🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Marvie_3

Banned
Flipping Seabrook's contract would cost them a draft pick or a talented youngster. Plus he has a NTC. Good luck with that.

Not against moving Panik. And probably not opposed to trading Crawford but not sure what kind of assets you're getting for him. I'll be perfectly fine if Kruger is gone after this year. And after watching Anisimov get absolutely embarrassed at the dot game after game, I wouldn't even care if they got rid of him either.

Yes they've had a bad playoffs so far. Game 1 was one of those typical goalie steals one games. Game 2 stinker and tonight a bad bounce + questionable no-call on the goalie interference and here they are staring at 3-0. Looks to be one of those years, sadly. Last year they lose in a heartbreaking game 7 on the road to a Cup contender. That's hockey, baby.
If it meant getting out of Seabrook's contract, Id consider most options.

They have to split Kane and Panarin next year though. They get way too predictable together and theyre awful defensively. That line is constantly pinned in the zone.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'M BENCHING YOU, CROSBY! ����
███████████] 99% complete..... ��ERROR!��
��Elite�� Centres are ⛔unbenchable⛔ I could never bench you Sid! �� Send this to ten other ��Crosbyfans�� who love ��The Kid�� or never use ��Crosby�� again����❌⁉️ If you get 0 Back: Crosby gets an assist❌ 5 back: Crosby scores a goal���������� 10 back: Crosby becomes a wizard��������������������

I don't know why I always find these fucking hilarious.

That was my impression after seeing the Hawks score this morning (minus the part about the Wild, who were never a threat to anyone). The loss of Letang (and to a lesser extent Murray) hurt the Pens, no doubt, but not enough to where they'd be beaten in a 7 game series by anyone other than the the Caps and Hawks. They just have too much firepower and everyone is clicking, including the kids (newsflash: Guentzel is a beast).

As fun as it was to watch them lose in OT again, I still think the Caps take that series. With the Hawks on the way out and Caps/Leafs probably going 7 the Pens chances look a lot better than they did a week ago.

Top Bottom