• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
They need to be consistent. Elbow with blood gets let go but a trip on a faceoff is called?

Fuck that shit. Call it all or none at all.

Oh I agree. But there was a pretty ridiculous Lucic call, when Phaneuf was just as much to blame for that altercation.

I think people are pissed because the refs are allowing the Bruins to do whatever they please, and then they call that. It's pretty ridiculous with what they're letting go on the B's side.

Lucic got a penalty on a pretty weak altercation with Phaneuf, while Phaneuf was just as much to blame.

It was a tripping penalty for sure. But please don't ignore the context of those complaints. What do you feel about Kelly's elbow against JVR and Chara/Rask punching Lupul in the face?

I'm not taking it out of context, Lucic got a dumb call, when both he and Phaneuf were at fault. The tripping was a fair call. The elbow was a missed call, nothing more to that.

Montresor

You wish he was on your team. admit it.

I do.

People need to lay off Chara and the Bruins. The issue is the irresponsible reffing. They're swallowing their whistles and letting any physical play go. This is dangerous... They're saying it's okay to elbow someone and cut his face....

ATF487

Well, the Bruins had a great season.

It's a shame that their lack of defensive depth (a supposed strength) caught up with them in the end and they choked away yet another series where they were heavily-favored... this time to an upstart Maple Leafs squad that will never let them live it down.

Any suggestion on how we regroup over the off-season to prevent further chokejobs down the road? We lack that killer instinct and ultimately I think the blame there has to lie firmly on the coaching staff.

there are three periods in hockey

MacAttack

Nah, you guys are good. The Bruins have already packed it in. You can go ahead and light the fireworks at Maple Leaf Square.

Jacobs and Campbell got this locked up, the league office is going to call the refs and make them call penalties on the Leafs. It was part of the CBA.

Sanjuro

I do.

People need to lay off Chara and the Bruins. The issue is the irresponsible reffing. They're swallowing their whistles and letting any physical play go. This is dangerous... They're saying it's okay to elbow someone and cut his face....

Hey, not all the Leaf fans are crazy.

You guys should be enjoying this, not crying over playoff hockey.

Socreges

Banned
Phaneuf twice swings his stick at Lucic
Lucic goes at him, roughing him up
Phaneuf lets Lucic hit him in the head
Lucic gets the only penalty
People CELEBRATE Phaneuf, instead of calling him a bitch

Reminds me of Marchand punching Daniel. No penalty called, for some retarded reason, so people shit on Daniel for not fighting back.

Optics!

Hooray for 8 months of Jack Edwards not blowing a simple hit a Bruins player makes out of the water.

DENNIS SEIDENBERG ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED A NUCLEAR BOMB ON TOP OF THE HOUSE AND FAMILY OF *insert tiny Carolina Hurricanes rookie here*

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm sure Chara's intermission speech consisting of roaring and blargh's got the boys all pumped up!

Stasis

I don't know what to say if you aren't joking and honestly believe he is being targeted. The delusion... I guess I should say Perreault is being targeted due to all those late and high hits against him.

That's fine. I noticed it, announcers mentioned it. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

It's a smart tactic, one many if not all teams practice at some point or another, especially in the playoffs. I don't know why you'd deny it at all, so perhaps I really am wrong.

I'll keep watching.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Reminds me of Marchand punching Daniel. No penalty called, for some retarded reason, so people shit on Daniel for not fighting back.

Optics!

Soft European.

Montresor

Optics!

I didn't see the stick swinging FYI. I'll take your word for it.

I wouldn't use that word to describe Phaneif ("bitch") but I would say both player (Phaneuf and Lucic) deserved penalties.

Optics!

Who is celebrating Phaneuf? People are constantly calling him a bitch when he doesn't fight.

Leafs? Do they need him enough to pay him next season?

That was sarcasm. Perhaps you missed the discussion earlier.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Come on, B's, tie this so you can lose in OT.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
That's fine. I noticed it, announcers mentioned it. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

It's a smart tactic, one many if not all teams practice at some point or another, especially in the playoffs. I don't know why you'd deny it at all, so perhaps I really am wrong.

I'll keep watching.

I've seen it before too but I just don't see it tonight. Ovi went after half your defensemen that period. I didn't even notice McDonagh outside of that hit or him being targeted.

UberTag

bruinschoke.jpg
bruinschoke.jpg
bruinschoke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom