• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmmvTNrEFMURe.jpg

Replace with Maple Leaf

Tabris

I never understood why Leafs fans hate the Canucks so much. Is it because of Mats Sundin? You should thank us for taking him off your hands for that shit year. Is it because of our teams reputation? What does that matter to you guys, you don't play them.

We should sympathize with each other as fan bases.

Samyy

I never understood why Leafs fans hate the Canucks so much. Is it because of Mats Sundin? You should thank us for taking him off your hands for that shit year. Is it because of our teams reputation? What does that matter to you guys, you don't play them.

I dont hate the Canucks, I hate Canucks fans that for some reason hate the Leafs.

Solo

Leafs/Bs ended up being a series of who choked last. Bs choked away a 3-1 series lead, but got the last laugh when the Leafs choked away a 4-1 lead in Game 7.

Tabris

I dont hate the Canucks, I hate Canucks fans that for some reason hate the Leafs.

You realize that has more to do with Western Canada vs Eastern Canada / Toronto vs rest of Canada, then the actual team?

I hate Toronto as a city. I hate Ontario as a province.

EDIT - Not hate, dislike.

Noirulus

I don't think Leafs fans really hate Canucks in particular, but I find it weird that Canucks fans absolutely hate leafs for whatever reason.

Cactus

Banned

Every single Canucks fan I know hates the Leafs. It's so strange. I have friends and family who root for other Canadian teams as well, but at least their disdain for the Leafs isn't blind and relentless.

lol.

How is Sobotka working out for you?

He was a favorite of mine back in 2009-2010. When Krejci got injured and they asked Vlad to step in during the playoffs vs Philly, he was clearly overmatched and it was obvious that he would be a career 3rd liner.

He's stepped up a lot more since then. Sobotka can hold his own now imo. For his small stature he can put on some hits and take them. He's dependable and consistent. I agree with the third liner assessment though for now. He may have a slight bit more untapped potential. Jaden Schwartz on the other hand. If that kid stays healthy he'll be a star. I was really impressed more by his playoff performance than any other Blue aside from Steener.

Samyy

You realize that has more to do with Western Canada vs Eastern Canada / Toronto vs rest of Canada, then the actual team?

I hate Toronto as a city. I hate Ontario as a province.

EDIT - Not hate, dislike.

Then maybe you should grow up, I love B.C would love to go back again someday.
So dumb to "dislike" based on geography

Mr.Green

Go out into the OT, look at where the # of posts can be read. It's a clickable link. You can see it for every thread.

Thanks!

And here's the top 20 (just so I can be in it)

Code:
Red_Man 		706
Solo 			662
Smiley90 		596
Acid08 			536
Coldplay619 		502
Kave_Man 		449
Marvie_3 		440
lamaroo 		424
Desibabu 		421
DopeyFish 		420
SCHUEY F1 		406
Quick 			401
wsoxfan1214 		399
Cake Boss 		391
Dastardly Jerks 	388
Montresor 		361
Socreges 		354
MetatronM 		346
Mr.Green 		328
equippedwithtowel 	311

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't think Leafs fans really hate Canucks in particular, but I find it weird that Canucks fans absolutely hate leafs for whatever reason.
Try having the Leafs rammed down your gullet - to the detriment of the home team, for Chrissakes - year after year after year. Especially when they're (redundancy alert!) not doing shit. So annoying, and even worse this year with Toronto in the postseason. Glad this group is off my television and we can wake up from our long short national nightmare.

GO SENS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom