• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

bardia

Watching the Blackhawks lose doesn't really feel that satisfying anymore, it's really a shame that the rivalry died down so much this year :(

Only funny thing about watching them unravel is the fact that you had people like wsox calling the series before it even started, guess they'll definitely feel rested for that WCF
in 2014
with that second round exit.

QKYkINp.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching the Blackhawks lose doesn't really feel that satisfying anymore, it's really a shame that the rivalry died down so much this year :(

Only funny thing about watching them unravel is the fact that you had people like wsox calling the series before it even started, guess they'll definitely feel rested for that WCF
in 2014
with that second round exit.
Hopefully a diligent Wings fan racks up his 300 posts of "Enjoy the golf course next week" for when they're eliminated.

Pretty sure I mentioned golf <4-5 times.

It would seem you search my post history every day with your apparent obsession with me, Red. Mentioning me in every other post and all.

Red_Man

Pretty sure I mentioned golf <4-5 times.

It would seem you search my post history every day with your apparent obsession with me, Red. Mentioning me in every other post and all.
Nah, you're just make yourself an easy target. You're the Tabris of Hawks-Gaf.

I think the most annoying thing about the Hawks losing is that they have had so many great chances to be in this series with the amount of power play chances they have had and with how fantastic their penalty kill has been. Had the power play not been so fucking jaw dropping atrocious the outlook of this series might be quite different.

As it stands, the Hawks PP basically killed their entire season, which was my fear going into these playoffs. Humiliating end to the season, that's for sure. Also, fuck these coaches. The fact that Mike Kitchen still has a job after last year blows my mind.

I dig the new Stars logo if that is it. They said they were going back to green and going for a retro style look.

It is fucking better than not even having a logo on our jerseys I guess.

Or this.. god bless the lockout for killing this.

73.gif

CCF23

Hawks are going to win in 7. Two of the three they need to win will be home games, and they can take a game in Detroit. Too much talent on that team to lose.

Kings will win in 7.

Rangers will probably lose in game 5. Every game is way too close and the Bruins seem to have their mojo. I thought they'd fatigue, but they look to be getting stronger this round, not weaker.

I have a funny feeling Ottawa drags it to 7 but ultimately loses.

Quick

Banned
I dig the new Stars logo if that is it. They said they were going back to green and going for a retro style look.

It is fucking better than not even having a logo on our jerseys I guess.

Or this.. god bless the lockout for killing this.

http://richsportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/73.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Getting rid of the gold really takes out contrast. The green and silver easily blend with each other, and there's nothing else to make it pop out, which the gold would do.

Marvie_3

Banned
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042[IMG][/QUOTE]
If only he had time to play 100 games a night like you. Then he'd be a real badass. :lol

[quote="CCF23, post: 58988181"]Hawks are going to win in 7. Two of the three they need to win will be home games, and they can take a game in Detroit. [B]Too much talent on that team to lose.[/B][/QUOTE]

That didn't stop them from losing the last 3 games.

Socreges

Banned
Just occurred to me that having Patrick Roy as an NHL coach could be pretty entertaining. Unfortunately the Avs media isn't the best at stirring the pot.

Red_Man

Just occurred to me that having Patrick Roy as an NHL coach could be pretty entertaining. Unfortunately the Avs media isn't the best at stirring the pot.
I wonder what the over under is on how long before he gets his first fine for calling out the officials.

Alucard

Banned
It's 415am and I've been awake since my daughter woke me at 130am. Yaaaaay. At least I finished the final 30 pages of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

UberTag

So Bruins-GAF... got a question for you.

After needing overtime in Game 7 to avoid choking away a 3-1 series lead against Toronto, if Tuukka Rask manages to choke his way into defeat the next 3 games and effectively duplicate 2010... if, he, is not only the ONLY goaltender in the modern hockey era to give up an 0-3 series lead but he's such a chokemaster that he actually manages to do it TWICE... does he return to play for the Bruins next year?

Because, in the event the above should happen... I think we should trade him to the Maple Leafs.
Provided he doesn't retire in shame. Because that might very well be in his best interests.

RC

Banned
If Chicago gets eliminated and San Jose makes it to the conference finals, this post season just might be worth it after all.

Also, if one of your best friends drags you to a gay club because her boyfriend works there, kindly say no.

Alucard

Banned

After needing overtime in Game 7 to avoid choking away a 3-1 series lead against Toronto, if Tuukka Rask manages to choke his way into defeat the next 3 games and effectively duplicate 2010... if, he, is not only the ONLY goaltender in the modern hockey era to give up an 0-3 series lead but he's such a chokemaster that he actually manages to do it TWICE... does he return to play for the Bruins next year?

Because, in the event the above should happen... I think we should trade him to the Maple Leafs.
Provided he doesn't retire in shame. Because that might very well be in his best interests.

I think he would wander the globe for the next five years seeking advice from gurus and spiritualists.

Never gonna happen. When it happened against the Flyers it actually kinda made sense. Gagne and Carter came back, Krejci went down, and we switched goalies (though to Leighton so I don't REALLY get how this worked...)

This time there's no real spark and the Bruins are just the better team.

If you were expecting the Hawks PP to be good, you are a dumb motherfucker

I don't think anyone was expecting the power play to be good. No way in hell would they ever come close to being good at that. More like just hoping the power play would resemble something even remotely close functional and not beyond the shitshow it already was.

Ugh, infuriating. Shame it is so, so bad.

bardia

If Chicago gets eliminated and San Jose makes it to the conference finals, this post season just might be worth it after all.

Also, if one of your best friends drags you to a gay club because her boyfriend works there, kindly say no.

Celebrities?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Never gonna happen. When it happened against the Flyers it actually kinda made sense. Gagne and Carter came back, Krejci went down, and we switched goalies (though to Leighton so I don't REALLY get how this worked...)

This time there's no real spark and the Bruins are just the better team.

If the Rangers can somehow survive Game 5, you may see Clowe come back in time for Game 6, which could be a huge boost against these Bruins. Powe should be ready too, maybe as soon as tomorrow, but I'm not sure where you would fit both him and Clowe into the lineup. Maybe drop Zuccarello out because this round is just a bad match up for him, even though the effort is there.

Tomorrow's a make or break game for the Bruins, I think. If they don't take care of business in Boston tomorrow night, I like our chances of going to Game 7, and once you're there all bets are off.

I was thinking about Kings/Sharks Game 5 compared to Games 3 and 4. In those games, the Sharks pretty much controlled all neutral zone play, limited the Kings to pretty bad scoring chances where they'd usually one get one shot off before the Sharks regained control of the puck, constantly pressured Quick, etc. Last night was pretty much the opposite of that.

I'm wondering if we've ever seen both teams playing at their highest levels at the same time. Acid wasn't happy with the Sharks' effort last night, and I wasn't happy with the Kings' effort in the two games in San Jose, at least until the 3rd period of Game 4. IMO, these teams are too close in ability for either team to dominate if they're both playing at their peak.

Top Bottom