• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Detroit's 3-1 lead over Chicago was possibly the least-assured series advantage in recent NHL history. Even the most optimistic/brain-dead Wings fan must've seen this going to Game 7. Hawks will win it 5-2.

vilmer_

Stay classy Detroit.

ivGqEDzOqO57Z.jpg

Detroit's 3-1 lead over Chicago was possibly the least-assured series advantage in recent NHL history. Even the most optimistic/brain-dead Wings fan must've seen this going to Game 7. Hawks will win it 5-2.

Yep. There was no way they were going to win four season straight on the Hawks.

pringles

Agreed. I'm not giving up on the series yet though. This team may still have one surprise left in them.

Is there a rule about how long you can hold onto the puck on your side of the ice? I don't understand why Chi wouldn't just hold onto longer to waste time instead of always shooting it ahead.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What a fucking lousy game. Detroit has GOT to start closing it down in the 3rd. This team is so fucking frustrating to watch.

Velcro Fly

I kinda want to see a replay of the play that lead to the penalty shot. Announcer guy called it a bad call a couple times and I thought it was a penalty but not a penalty shot but I'd like to see it again and they haven't shown it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Saturday start for B's/Pens, bahaha. Christ, the players will have greybeards by then.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I kinda want to see a replay of the play that lead to the penalty shot. Announcer guy called it a bad call a couple times and I thought it was a penalty but not a penalty shot but I'd like to see it again and they haven't shown it.

It was a slight tap on the wrist. I dont even know what the call was. Slash? Lol barely.

It really wasn't, he lost control of the puck from stickhandling, not the slash. However, it is what it is, Detroit sucked it up in the third as usual and blew it.

Not even an elimination game but it really feels like we just lost the series with that game, total back breaker and our big guns are not playing good at all. Hawks have all the momentum to finish this series on Wednesday, looks like regular season Wings decided to show up now instead of the playoff warriors they showed they could be, going out with a whimper instead of a bang I guess.

pringles

It really wasn't, he lost control of the puck from stickhandling, not the slash. However, it is what it is, Detroit sucked it up in the third as usual and blew it.

Not even an elimination game but it really feels like we just lost the series with that game, total back breaker and our big guns are not playing good at all.
Just gotta look at it as would you have taken a Game 7 before the series started? Hell yeah. No one thought we'd last more than 5 games against them. Things aren't looking good but we could still see a big game by Z/Pav or something, it's definitely not over.

Hunter S.

He's proving himself to be a better 'coach' than Bab cock. Detroit would be better off with Joey Kocur as coach. And I'm not kidding.

I always felt Colorado gave up coach Q too quickly. At that time though, the Avalanche demanded and usually achieved perfection so he got the quick boot.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Babcock needs to stop being a pussy and just pair up Pavel and Z all game. Our 3rd and 4th lines have been better than theirs. I'll take the risk of a weaker 2nd line if the top line can FUCKING SCORE A GOAL.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's proving himself to be a better 'coach' than Bab cock. Detroit would be better off with Joey Kocur as coach. And I'm not kidding.

If I could post the Michael Jordan laughing gif a million times without crashing all of GAF, that's what my response to this would be.

Socreges

Banned
Rant against Cherry #874

Don Cherry was given some bullshit trophy...

So he brings it on TV, puts it on the desk, and says "This was given to me for doing all the great work I do"

Shut the fuck up, Cherry

Velcro Fly

Yeah saw the replay again and I don't know about that. I mean I guess you could call it but it's not like he took the guy down or slashed the stick out of his hand or something. Just one of those calls that could go either way I guess.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah saw the replay again and I don't know about that. I mean I guess you could call it but it's not like he took the guy down or slashed the stick out of his hand or something. Just one of those calls that could go either way I guess.
It actually looked like the Red Wing player (not sure who it was) hit the stick and didn't even touch the hand.

SA-X

West has such great hockey. Eastern chumps :lol
Agreed. I'm actually kind of sad that the Wings are leaving the west. As much as I hate 10pm games, the competition in the west just blows away the east.

Plus I hate all the other western teams with a passion and feel indifferent towards the shitty eastern teams. Except the Pens of course, fuck them, go Boston. ;)

Top Bottom