• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Not Howard's fault that Detroit couldn't get more than one shot per trip into the Hawks side of play. When the Hawks attacked, they often were able to get multiple attempts and they were much better shot selections than many of Detroit's.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm lighting that lamp for you, Marvie!

Take down dem kings!

i32TIKgHKEtDk.gif

Hunter S.

"I hate successful franchises!" Typical Avs fan still salty about the 90s.
Avs, the only team to win a Stanley cup in their first year of existence.

Detroit, hires guys that slam sticks into necks breaking them. At least the Canucks were good enough to fire bootuzzi for being a criminal felon like ordinary people.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kings are winning the Cup thanks to all of that lockout rest. And Quick.

Might be the best case for all non-Kings fans, really. It will result in the least amount of the Cup winner's fans being happy (my preferred scenario, in most cases). Does that even make sense?

pringles

Neutrals don't want to see that.

Pens and Hawks is the only answer. 1992 rematch.
Can you call it a 'rematch' if it was 20 years ago?

I really can't think of a good outcome to these playoffs. Every team I wanted to win in the 2nd round lost. Go ... Kings? I guess.

Alucard

Banned
Can you call it a 'rematch' if it was 20 years ago?

I really can't think of a good outcome to these playoffs. Every team I wanted to win in the 2nd round lost. Go ... Kings? I guess.

Canadian media would have a field day talking about Toews and Crosby, and Crosby and Kane for the Canada/USA angle. Plus, you've got the Hossa story again. LOL. Didn't win a Cup with or against the Pens.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only a Western team can save us from darkness now....thankfully I think both teams would dismantle either Eastern team.

Avs, the only team to win a Stanley cup in their first year of existence.

Detroit, hires guys that slam sticks into necks breaking them. At least the Canucks were good enough to fire bootuzzi for being a criminal felon like ordinary people.

So you're hating on the entire franchise because of Bert? I bet you LOVE Roy.

Alucard

Banned
Only a Western team can save us from darkness now....thankfully I think both teams would dismantle either Eastern team.

Oddly enough, I think the exact opposite. Bs and Pens would body check the West teams into oblivion and suffocate them in the offensive zone with non-stop pressure. Bs are averaging over 38 shots a game. Pens are over 32.

Anyway, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Man, can't wait for Saturday!

Marvie_3

Banned
Oddly enough, I think the exact opposite. Bs and Pens would body check the West teams into oblivion and suffocate them in the offensive zone with non-stop pressure. Bs are averaging over 38 shots a game. Pens are over 32.

Look at the shit defenses in the East. That's why.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He learns... Nvm.
You fucking would.

This is true for the Hawks, but not even close to true for the Kings. Plus Quick can win a series and will easily outplay Rask / Vokoun / Fleury.

Marvie_3

Banned
You fucking would.

This is true for the Hawks, but not even close to true for the Kings. Plus Quick can win a series and will easily outplay Rask / Vokoun / Fleury.
People have tried to do this shit to the Hawks all year and they've handled it fine.

Hunter S.

So you're hating on the entire franchise because of Bert? I bet you LOVE Roy.

Yes, it is common practice to hate the Red Wings and Todd Bootuzzi in Denver. And yes, we love Roy his number is retired and all. Practically the first goalie to popularize the butterfly style. His son was a teenager not a grown man.

@MarkLazerus 2m
What did Jonathan Toews tell the #Blackhawks after the disallowed goal sent the game to OT? "I said we'll beat them 3-1."

Awesome.

Habs. Islanders. Rangers. Sens.

Real stiff competition, there.

Top Bottom