• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Welcome aboard!

Shortened NHL season = BATTLE OF THE CHAMPIONS TIME
The Stanley Cup champs from 2009-2012 duke it out for ultimate bragging rights!

The team that wins will be universally recognized as the best team of the past 5 years.
I wonder if/when this has ever happened before? In any sport, even.

Elias, I'm waiting.

Bettman must feel like he just won the lottery.

If Detroit would have won. I was gonna post this...

bettman.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
At least they didn't get blown out like I kinda thought they would, haha. I'll take a 2-1 OT loss. Damn you Kronwall... Jimmy deserved better.

pringles

Also, LOL, way to fucking blow the 3-1 series lead, Wings.
99% of people were predicting Hawks in 4 or 5 games. That 3-1 series lead was surprising but Hawks turning it around was not.

Congrats Hawks fans. You guys talked crazy amounts of shit leading up to the series, I'm disappointed I can't post the Detroit series-win post I was working on. But the better team won the series.

Wings had a good run and damn I look forward to next season with Dekeyser, maybe Helm, Nyquist all year, maybe Tatar etc.

UberTag

I wonder if/when this has ever happened before? In any sport, even.

Elias, I'm waiting.
I doubt it has. It must be an unimaginable statistical improbability.
I mean, I'm sure it happened in the Original 6 days... but that was with 6 teams.
This is a league with 30 teams.

It was crazy enough just to have the same teams in the AFC & NFC championship games in back-to-back seasons.

vilmer_

99% of people were predicting Hawks in 4 or 5 games. That 3-1 series lead was surprising but Hawks turning it around was not.

Congrats Hawks fans. You guys talked crazy amounts of shit leading up to the series, I'm disappointed I can't post the Detroit series-win post I was working on. But the better team won the series.

Wings had a good run and damn I look forward to next season with Dekeyser, maybe Helm, Nyquist all year, maybe Tatar etc.

Going to be very fun :) Back where we belong.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
He played above his level all playoffs but that goal and the redgular seazon is why they need to dumb him.
Are you stupid? He was our MVP all season long. That goal wasn't soft in the least. No goalie was going to stop that unless they were fat ass Broduer and his fat arm just happened to be in the way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It was obviously Karma, karma also explains why Matt Cooke continues to have a career and a good chance at another cup.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yes, they delivered!

The 4 remaining NHL teams are the last 4 Stanley Cup champs. First time that's happened since 1945. (from @EliasSports)

well, they weren't supposed to make the playoffs...instead, they beat the 2nd seed and were an OT goal away from knocking out the best team in the league.

not a bad season overall.

good series, hawks.

The Hawks won the season series 2-1.

First meeting was in the first game of the season. Hawks dominated 5-2 despite both teams putting up similar shot numbers.

In the second game, the Hawks won 3-2. Shots were 37-27 in favor of the Hawks.

The Kings finally beat them in the third meeting, winning 5-4. We held them to 25 shots in that contest.

It's hard to draw much from a season series in a season like this, especially considering that one of the teams seemed to be in a coma for half the season. I think it'll be close.

Hunter S.

So long Red Wings. I hate to see you leave the West. I would have preferred they had gone out without making the playoffs, but nothing is perfect in life.

Hopefully, you get buried alive by East offense, and do not make the playoffs for a decade or two. Peace, evil incarnate.

So long Red Wings. I hate to see you leave the West. I would have preferred they had gone out without making the playoffs, but nothing is perfect in life.

Hopefully, you get buried alive by East offense, and do not make the playoffs for a decade or two. Peace, evil incarnate.

"I hate successful franchises!" Typical Avs fan still salty about the 90s.

Revenant

W.

well, they weren't supposed to make the playoffs...instead, they beat the 2nd seed and were an OT goal away form knocking out the best team in the league.

not a bad season overall.

good series, hawks.

handshake-sharp-kronwall-Jamie-Squire.jpg

salt on brothers!

Top Bottom