• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Khalid-S

tumblr_lm51syNzgN1qzihue.gif

Alucard

Banned
Well played, Boston. Your boys did a good job of frustrating the Pens' stars. If you can get Crosby and Malkin off their games, you're doing something right.

See ya Monday.

C Jones

GG Bruins age

After that run and gun stretch Bs just locked it down and controlled the pace. Pens gotta find a way to get to their game quickly in Game 2. A bit irritated with all the early shots that went wide along with some blown scoring chances.

Alucard

Banned
GG Bruins age

After that run and gun stretch Bs just locked it down and controlled the pace. Pens gotta find a way to get to their game quickly in Game 2. A bit irritated with all the early shots that went wide along with some blown scoring chances.

Pretty much this. Pens came out with fire and with a good number of chances. If they bury one or two of those, we could be looking at a different game. I hope they get rewarded and put some pucks home early in the next game. The tempo has been set. The Bruins drew first blood. Now, the Pens' psychologists have to calm their team the fuck down for Monday.

Velcro Fly

The worst part about this game is hearing my sister crow about the Bruins when she's never been east of Indiana. It's bad enough she became a Blackhawks fan right when they were rising to greatness but I allowed it because they are the hometown team. Being a Boston fan in the midwest is pretty much treasonous. Hating Boston/NY teams is pretty much a birthright for any midwesterner and it makes me sad to see a loved one hyping this crap up when two years ago she couldn't even name anyone on the team.

Bruins played well and that 2nd goal was the backbreaker. Sad that I'm going to miss the second half of this series though.

MacAttack

Second fight of Bergerons career. Lead by example unlike Crosby who wants to play grabass with Rask and then hide and go seek behind the refs.

Alucard

Banned
Canada should give more love to a guy like Bergeron, not a prima donna like Crosby.

Bergeron gets love on CBC. And Crosby's the best natural talent in the game today. People latch onto players like that. On the other side of things, people also hate on players like that.

Anyway, good first game. Bruins weathered the storm, got a goal, held down the fort, and the Pens weren't able to capitalize on their chances to make it interesting. Really frustrating loss.

A couple of random thoughts:

-Cooke's hit should have just been a boarding call
-If Cooke got 5, I really don't see why Marchand didn't
-Healy talking about Fleury starting game 2 is just plain ridiculous. This loss wasn't on Vokoun at all.

Alucard

Banned
Bettmansburg Refguins get shut out and lose ?

Love it.

Must've missed the game. Boston refs all over the place tonight, my man. But whatever. Not gonna complain about that. Pens had enough chances to win this without needing more PPs.

bruce, kinda guessed you were Cakebossed. Pretty sure Sanjuro is too.

MacAttack

-Healy talking about Fleury starting game 2 is just plain ridiculous. This loss wasn't on Vokoun at all.

The difference between the Cooke hit and the Marchand hit was magnitude. McQuaid hit the boards more violently than Neal.

I don't think Vokoun is going to steal you any games.

Alucard

Banned
The difference between the Cooke hit and the Marchand hit was magnitude. McQuaid hit the boards more violently than Neal.

I don't think Vokoun is going to steal you any games.

He doesn't have to. The Pens are capable of putting up 4 goals a game against any team in the league, including the Bruins. They've done it before, and they can do it again with some adjustments and a little more puck luck.

Okay, I'm out. See ya Monday.

C Jones

Bergeron gets love on CBC. And Crosby's the best natural talent in the game today. People latch onto players like that. On the other side of things, people also hate on players like that.

Anyway, good first game. Bruins weathered the storm, got a goal, held down the fort, and the Pens weren't able to capitalize on their chances to make it interesting. Really frustrating loss.

Yeah Keith Jones was saying that Bylsma should consider it. I don't get it. Especially that last goal, really? How can you blame him on that. But they were showing highlights of him being shaky when coming out of the net as well...I can handle that. What I can't handle is 2-3 really bad goals a game. No way should Fleury start next game.

Marvie_3

Banned

He gave up 3 goals and didn't score any. It's all his fault.

MacAttack

Rask just confirmed what Crosby said to him at the end of the second: "Great Job!"

:trollololol

Who is the only team not to be shut out this season?

Boston Bruins

TheFatOne

Missed most of the Bruins game, but I did see some of the third. That last penalty by Crosby is inexcusable. Yea the game is most likely over, but you can't take that penalty in that situation. Just an extremely selfish play.

Top Bottom