• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
I agree. He's a players coach and I bet you that he put very little time into trying to prepare for the Bs because he probably felt the Bruins had to gameplan for his Pens. Now he's left with a deer in headlights look with no clue what to do. Julien and the Bs clearly have structure whereas the Pens don't.

Hopefully they bring him back again next season.

gotta figure the writing's on the wall for Bylsma. Four straight embarrassing playoff exits just won't cut it. Don't care if Malkin and Crosby were out in 2011...Pens blew a 3-1 series lead against the Lightning. Blah.

Can see the team keeping him a bit longer, the players giving up, and Shero pulling the trigger before or after Christmas.

Razorskin

----- ------
gotta figure the writing's on the wall for Bylsma. Four straight embarrassing playoff exits just won't cut it. Don't care if Malkin and Crosby were out in 2011...Pens blew a 3-1 series lead against the Lightning. Blah.

Can see the team keeping him a bit longer, the players giving up, and Shero pulling the trigger before or after Christmas.

How about they can Bylsma AND Shero?

Alucard

Banned
How about they can Bylsma AND Shero?

Hard to hate on Shero tbh. Guy has made some great moves and put the Pens in a position to win. For whatever reason, the Pens haven't been able to keep their shit together in the playoffs the past 4 seasons. It's partly Fleury, it's partly the defense, and it's partly team structure.

Shero has brought some good talent to Pittsburgh. Some of his guys:

-Hossa and Dupuis (for Esposito, Christensen, and Armstrong)
-Bill Guerin
-Paul Martin
-Michalek
-James Neal and Niskanen (for Goligoski and ?)
-Vokoun
-Iginla, Morrow, Murray, and Jokinen

Gotta say that it's time for MAF to go, though. I can't defend him any more.

cube444

Iginla, Morrow, Murray and Jokinen reminds me when the Leafs brought in Gilmour, Francis, Leetch etc.

Bringing in washed up players does not make you a good GM.

Alucard

Banned
Iginla, Morrow, Murray and Jokinen reminds me when the Leafs brought in Gilmour, Francis, Leetch etc.

Bringing in washed up players does not make you a good GM.

B...but I thought Leetch-McCabe was the deadliest dman combo of all-time. Was CBC lying to me?

MacAttack

Felger & Mazz were bringing it on my drive home:

-Horton is a free agent after this season. Bruins should try and re-sign him but don't have the cap room.

Horton is a playoff beast: 35G 15G 19A 34PTS +30 and the Bruins are undefeated in series when he has played at least one game (he was out of the 2012 playoffs w/ a concussion). Maybe they can unload Peverley or Kelly to Ottawa? and clear cap space.

-In response to Don Cherry's rant about Crosby needing to be protected:

Don Cherry's rant about Crosby

In most of the clips, it shows Crosby giving, as well as taking, and in multiple cases initiating the stickwork. The Bruins haven't even taken a "run" at Crosby.

-Finally, Would the Bruins entertain the possibility of trading Seguin to free up the cap room for Horton. Could they get two more firsts from someone desperate like Toronto was?

TheFatOne

Felger & Mazz were bringing it on my drive home:

-Horton is a free agent after this season. Bruins should try and re-sign him but don't have the cap room.

Horton is a playoff beast: 35G 15G 19A 34PTS +30 and the Bruins are undefeated in series when he has played at least one game (he was out of the 2012 playoffs w/ a concussion). Maybe they can unload Peverley or Kelly to Ottawa? and clear cap space.

-In response to Don Cherry's rant about Crosby needing to be protected:

Don Cherry's rant about Crosby

In most of the clips, it shows Crosby giving, as well as taking, and in multiple cases initiating the stickwork. The Bruins haven't even taken a "run" at Crosby.

-Finally, Would the Bruins entertain the possibility of trading Seguin to free up the cap room for Horton. Could they get two more firsts from someone desperate like Toronto was?

I don't know the specifics, but can they amnesty players? I would do that two one of those two guys if that frees up cap space. Do they have the cap to sign both Horton and Rask even if they can get ride of those two?

MacAttack

I don't know the specifics, but can they amnesty players? I would do that two one of those two guys if that frees up cap space. Do they have the cap to sign both Horton and Rask even if they can get ride of those two?
They have ~$16 mil to re-sign Horton, Rask, Ference, Jagr and few others who are currently under contract. Horton and Rask would eat up at least half of that and hamstring the organization in terms of making moves during the season and in the future.

I don't know if they have to move both or just one because they may try to buyout Savard at some point or at least get LTIR relief.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't think the Kings will come back and take the series but there's no reason that they can't make it interesting (yes, I know Richards is out tonight). They've sucked on the road and now they're at home for two games. They'll win tonight.

Wow, really?

Some fan you are.

Looks like I'm the only believer.

You can be a fan and not be delusional. I think the Kings can make this a series, but they're gassed and hurt. It doesn't help that the Hawks are the better team.

My hopium reserves are approaching empty. Game 2 had encouraging signs in places, but being real it's not looking good.

Top Bottom