• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

MacAttack

Plain and simple, the Pens really do need to sack the fuck up. They played like a bunch of chickens with their heads chopped off tonight and they were laying eggs all over the ice in the forms of drop passes to no one.
My favorite was in the third on the PP when Crosby? blind passed it from the goal line to the point and Bergeron was all over it. That play elicited an audible groan from the crowd that sounded so deflating.

RC

Banned
everything is bad.

CqeYUtE.gif

Ya no

any of bruins-gaf listen to toucher and rich in the morning? i'm hoping that they put the crazy pens fan on again if he calls in he's hilarious

Alucard

Banned
Crazy stat:

But:

You gotta believe, but the Pens first need to believe in themselves. Right now, you can just feel how fragile their psyches are out there. They're lost. Totally lost. It's gonna take a minor miracle to get their head in the game at this point. And I really fucking hope Bylsma and the rest of the staff have something game planned for game 3. Tonight was outright unacceptable.

Bylsma's not solely to blame, though. When your captain attempts a ridiculous pass in the first minute of the game which results in a breakaway goal...you're doing something wrong. When that same captain keeps trying drop passes to nobody and looks as lost as he did against the Wings in 2008...you're doing something wrong. When the defense can't cover a man for shit...that's not all on the coach, but it likely stems from his philosophy in the lockerroom.

Sadly, I don't think the Pens actually paid attention to Bylsma in the lockerroom today. Instead of relying on their speed game, they tried walking everything in. Or the Bruins adjusted and held their dmen deep waiting for dump ins. Either way, it made the Pens look like total amateurs tonight. Just...fuck.

'Nite!

MacAttack

Listen to them every morning. So good, plus I love that they actually talk sports without actively trolling for reaction like Felger & mazz.

The biggest difference is T&R are actually funny and it seems natural when they laugh at their jokes. When Felger & Mazz do it, it seems contrived and forced. I like Felger & Mazz but they are annoying sometimes.

Heres a gem from the hf photoshop thread:

I2zK65u.gif

kassatsu

Banned
I was also all in the offseason and lockout threads. I used to have my Flyers avatar, now I wear my Ryan Howard avatar to support a struggling athlete in my city.

I have been lurking a lot this season, because I have night classes. I'm no lifelong!

I recognize you it is cool.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't particularly care for Toucher & Rich, but I would rather listen to their show at full volume for a hundred hours straight with headphones glued to my head than suffer through even five minutes of Dennis & Callahan.

I wish D.A. was still doing evenings locally. I usually put him on when I wake up in the middle of the night and listen for five minutes before falling back to sleep.

Sanjuro

I don't particularly care for Toucher & Rich, but I would rather listen to their show at full volume for a hundred hours straight with headphones glued to my head than suffer through even five minutes of Dennis & Callahan.

I wish D.A. was still doing evenings locally. I usually put him on when I wake up in the middle of the night and listen for five minutes before falling back to sleep.

I'd listen to D&C 10/10 against those clowns. I don't mind the right wing agenda in comparison to hearing "ADOLPHO ADOLPHO ADOLPHO" every minute.

After that the mid-day show is a toss up. I still like Gresh from the Providence days, but Zolak is a fucking asshole. Usually go with Mutt and Merloni.

Salk and Holley every day.

So, basically I'm still in WEEI's camp.

Cat Party

These games have all been pretty boring, unless you like watching boxes get stretched for two-plus hours at a time. The only close game involved one team hanging on for dear life just to lose by 1. Boo.

MacAttack

I'd listen to D&C 10/10 against those clowns. I don't mind the right wing agenda in comparison to hearing "ADOLPHO ADOLPHO ADOLPHO" every minute.

After that the mid-day show is a toss up. I still like Gresh from the Providence days, but Zolak is a fucking asshole. Usually go with Mutt and Merloni.

Salk and Holley every day.

So, basically I'm still in WEEI's camp.

I've been a fan of Michael Holley since he had dreadlocks but Salk is a Felger clone and brings that program down. Holley needs to jump ship to 98.5.

Gresh and Holley would be a good mid day show.

STONE COLD ET WANTS EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT TOM BRADY IS A NANCY BOY, AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE.

GIMME A HELL YEAH IF YOURE DOWN WITH STONE COLD ET

Marvie_3

Banned
I hate you for linking me this Animal Crossing Get Lucky mix.

Fucking hell, I have it on loop.

It's so good though. Now you need to buy Animal Crossing and go fishing with Acid and I.

Just a heads up though, there's no way this is going to be finished tomorrow like the last few have been. Recording a day late didn't help but editing alone is going to take several hours longer than normal and the Chicago/LA game is going to cut into my time even more so it'll be Wednesday at the earliest.

UberTag

Crazy stat:
The last 16 teams to go up 2-0 in the conference finals have advanced to the Cup finals

But:
The Penguins managed to escape a 2-0 hole against the Bruins in 1991 on their way to the franchise's first championship.
Two big differences between this Conference final series and the one 22 years ago that the Bruins also led 2-0...

1) Pittsburgh lost those first two games on the road. They only needed to win one game at the Garden to take that series (which they did in Game 5). Here, they need to take 2.

2) Those first two games that Pittsburgh lost in 1991 were far more competitive. Game 2 was lost in overtime, neither team could really stop the puck and Pittsburgh was outscored by a count of 11-7. That's a far cry from 9-1.

If you want a more likely outcome to this series, ask your cross-state rivals in Philly what happened when Boston took two games from them on their home ice back in 2011.

NHL +/- PLAYOFF LEADERS

1. Nathan Horton {Boston} - +17
2. David Krejci {Boston} - +11
2. Milan Lucic {Boston} - +11
4. Zdeno Chara {Boston} - +9

5. Slava Voynov {Los Angeles} - +8
6. Gregory Campbell {Boston} - +7
6. Duncan Keith {Chicago} - +7
6. Michal Handzus {Chicago} - +7

214. Sidney Crosby {Pittsburgh} - -3

RC

Banned
There was no racism so it wasn't that bad.

We had a lot of things to say. A lot of things to say about nothing in particular.

It did give us some great ideas for some offseason podcast episodes though.
*NHL-GAF talks about movies
*NHL-GAF talks about music
*NHL-GAF is drunk and records for 2 hours

Dibs.

Top Bottom