• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
Here you go

aocjx.gif

DomZ

Wonder who'll replace Campbel. Claude didn't seem to optimistic about itl. Daugavins and Soderberg are the options the B's have.

MacAttack

Are you serious?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SUyk6NUk8Us/UZ3rgCqyFyI/AAAAAAAAMAw/mdTK2WsDALI/s1600/theres-a-chance.gif[g][/QUOTE]
Ok now I'm hearing it was Campbell on crutches. I thought I heard Joe Haggerty say Krejci earlier but I may have misheard it.

ZeroGravity

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
If Pens lose series in 4 or 5 games the offseason storylines may be interesting. Some think Malkin becomes a trade target. Tough call.
Well that might make for an interesting off-season.

Logic is screaming at me that the Queens will dominate tomorrow, but I have an odd gut feeling the Hawks might steal the game.

I'm nervous. Hawks losing Keith (he has been playing really good lately) is terrible and I think that might mess with them and get them all distracted. Also, the Kings are seemingly invincible at home. Kings had a lot of energy and they'll have even more now that they've won. They picked up the speed and made the entire Hawks team look tired. Quick seemed to have pulled his mojo out of his ass again, too.

If the Hawks of the third period show up, this might better than I expect though.

Also, Kane sucking doesn't help either. If only Toews and Kane were actually scoring...

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm nervous. Hawks losing Keith (he has been playing really good lately) is terrible and I think that might mess with them and get them all distracted. Also, the Kings are seemingly invincible at home. Kings had a lot of energy and they'll have even more now that they've won. They picked up the speed and made the entire Hawks team look tired. Quick seemed to have pulled his mojo out of his ass again, too.

If the Hawks of the third period show up, this might better than I expect though.

Also, Kane sucking doesn't help either. If only Toews and Kane were actually scoring...

If they play like they did in the 3rd, I think they can overcome the loss of Keith. They just can't disappear for the first 2 periods though.

If they play like they did in the 3rd, I think they can overcome the loss of Keith. They just can't disappear for the first 2 periods though.

Which means they'll show up for the first and last ten minutes with flashes of good play elsewhere and the rest of the game will be shit. They do it every time they have a bad game like last game.

UberTag

My wishlist for the remaining games of the playoffs:

BOSTON vs. PITTSBURGH

Boston wins Game 4 - Eliminates Pittsburgh

CHICAGO vs. LOS ANGELES

Los Angeles wins Game 4
Chicago wins Game 5
Los Angeles wins Game 6
Los Angeles wins Game 7 - Eliminates Chicago

BOSTON vs. LOS ANGELES

Boston wins Game 1
Boston wins Game 2
Los Angeles wins Game 3
Los Angeles wins Game 4 - boosts home playoff record to 12-0
Los Angeles wins Game 5
Boston wins Game 6 in TRIPLE OT - Kings lose at home for the first time
Boston wins Game 7 - declared champion of all recent Stanley Cup champions; Krejci wins Conn Smythe trophy
UberTag declared greatest playoff beard of NHL GAF once again

Socreges

Banned
My wishlist for the remaining games of the playoffs:

Donald Fehr discovers discrepancy in new CBA, declares season forfeit.

... grants Canucks additional $10m in cap space.

I hope. The defense will need to step up and have the game of their lives now though for the entire game. Keith takes a lot of ice time and losing him will wear out the rest of the D.

Hopefully Kane can wake the fuck up and do something.

ZeroGravity

Campbell suffered a broken leg and is done for the post-season.

Amazing that he was able to finish that shift literally on one leg.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Campbell suffered a broken leg and is done for the post-season.

Amazing that he was able to finish that shift literally on one leg.

wow. Impressive. Also wtf @ a shot block resulting in a broken leg. that's such a freak fracture. Must've been a hell of a shot/impact.

Socreges

Banned
lol what the fuck did you buy? salt?
Used mine all up last night after the Keith slash.

wow. Impressive. Also wtf @ a shot block resulting in a broken leg. that's such a freak fracture. Must've been a hell of a shot/impact.
Dr. Smelly, could he have caused the fracture to worsen by putting pressure on it immediately afterwards?

Does anyone know what would happen if a player just lay squirming on the ice? I know they blow the play dead if a guy gets hit in the face, but not sure where they draw the line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Dr. Smelly, could he have caused the fracture to worsen by putting pressure on it immediately afterwards?

Does anyone know what would happen if a player just lay squirming on the ice? I know they blow the play dead if a guy gets hit in the face, but not sure where they draw the line.

mhmm didn't think about that. Probably. Although I'm pretty sure they call everything a "fracture", even if it's "just" a hairline fracture. At least until after Boston is out of the playoffs.

Acid08

Banned

Well you saw yesterday the refs let play go after Hjarmalsson blocked that shot. He went down, stayed down, managed to get up for a second, fell down again, repeat a couple times until the puck was finally cleared.

In that case where a player is obviously in incredible pain, can barely get up, keeps falling and then stays down it should have been blown dead earlier than it was. I don't think there any steadfast rule to refer to though. Refs ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom