• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

I'm hoping Lemieux goes on one of his tirades and complains about how we've entered the dead puck era 2.0. The players are more skilled and faster but every little play is broken up most of the time due to the lack of space and amount of obstruction....nothing will be done about it and Bettman and the competition committee will continue to twiddle their thumbs unless a few influential guys like Lemieux step up and say something.

This is my favorite. "O NO! WE DON'T GET 7 GOALS EVERY GAME NOW! THIS IS AWFUL."

Shutup, 2-1 games are the best kind of hockey.

Please win Blackhawks. Kings vs Bruins extremely unappealing :(

Going into this round that was the best possible scenario for me...

ShaneB

This is my favorite. "O NO! WE DON'T GET 7 GOALS EVERY GAME NOW! THIS IS AWFUL."

Shutup, 2-1 games are the best kind of hockey..

2-1 games are great. Except it helps when the SOG stat is more than 30 or 40 :p It's semantics, but yes, the NHL doesn't need to concern itself with "more goals", it should be looking for "more scoring chances"

Going into this round that was the best possible scenario for me...

You vile man.

ShaneB

Disagree on the first part.

Agree on the second, but for different reasoning.

At least you agree on the 2nd part ;) Care to explain why you disagree on the first? Loving a low scoring game and saying you don't care for a lot of shots is like saying you're a soccer fan :p insert simpsonssoccerpassing.gif here

I'm just saying a low scoring game with a lot of shots generally means it's a hell of a goaltending duel, which is great.

At least you agree on the 2nd part ;) Care to explain why you disagree on the first? Loving a low scoring game and saying you don't care for a lot of shots is like saying you're a soccer fan :p insert simpsonssoccerpassing.gif here

I'm just saying a low scoring game with a lot of shots generally means it's a hell of a goaltending duel, which is great.

I may have misread that initially. I think I just generally agree. I thought you were saying goalie duels were bad. I'm in favor of all types of 2-1 games, particularly when they drag through multiple OTs.

ShaneB

I may have misread that initially. I think I just generally agree. I thought you were saying goalie duels were bad. I'm in favor of all types of 2-1 games, particularly when they drag through multiple OTs.

Yeah, I love goalie duels, or to be more accurate, a case where it feels like a single shot will decide a game (OT), or just a matter of a low scoring game feeling like every goal is important. Yeah, my initial comment meant low scoring games are great, but I don't want a low shots on goal game :p

Yeah, I love goalie duels, or to be more accurate, a case where it feels like a single shot will decide a game (OT), or just a matter of a low scoring game feeling like every goal is important. Yeah, my initial comment meant low scoring games are great, but I don't want a low shots on goal game :p

Ban blocking shots.

ShaneB

Making sliding to block a shot a two minute penalty would be interesting, and might prevent some injuries like the awful one that ended Laperiere's career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ankjpg__Q

Taking a puck to the FACE is more an issue about face protection, not players being idiots and blocking shots like that... which means I'm not why they wear helmets if there's nothing to protect :( I'm convinced half the league would go out and play naked if they could. I mean I guess you could get behind the idea of making it a penalty to dive like that, a delay of game or something, but it's still such a grey area.

if this were the case, any instance of a player touching another player would be a foul that stops the clock and the coaches would get 12 timeouts each.

Fuck basketball.

Heck, almost any big hit now a days is called a penalty even if it is legal, or at least what I have seen. I don't know, some of these proposed rule changes just seem weird like that shot blocking one.

Edit: NVM, I thought that shot blocking one was an actual proposal, just ignore me.

Osorio

I wouldn't say it's the amount of goals, my biggest problem with the game is the lack of good goals.

Screens and bounces are part of the game but it sucks that most games come down to garbage goals.

I love seeing clips of dudes getting clean goals from slapshots by the blue line.

Or am I crazy?

I wouldn't say it's the amount of goals, my biggest problem with the game is the lack of good goals.

Screens and bounces are part of the game but it sucks that most games come down to garbage goals.

I love seeing clips of dudes getting clean goals from slapshots by the blue line.

Or am I crazy?

Watch Datsyuk score, you will be happy.

fallout

Or am I crazy?
From a pure entertainment value, I think the "firing squad" goals you see on a power play are really dull. I much prefer nice passing plays on a rush, or some guy deking through the defense.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
From a pure entertainment value, I think the "firing squad" goals you see on a power play are really dull. I much prefer nice passing plays on a rush, or some guy deking through the defense.

So you're saying make the ice bigger/international? ;)

ShaneB

My blasphemic (I don't think that's a word...) idea would be changing to 4 on 4, but yes, I would love bigger ice surface as the standard. The players have so little room to move around. It's not so noticeable when watching games on tv, but seeing a live game, they always look squashed together.

Curufinwe

chosewisely_zpsf748024d.gif

fallout

Ha! You know, the international play I've seen doesn't really promote that. Maybe it's just a playstyle difference. In any case, I'm actually pretty content with how things are now. I generally find hockey exciting to watch, even when I don't care about the teams much.

Richards will be out again tonight, fuck.

Well at least the Chiraq Thugs won't have Keith in their lineup. Anyone know how Carter's doing after that assault?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Pens getting swept by the Bruins is the most bitter sweet outcome I could imagine. The grabbing and clutching has been terrible all season, and even back further. The amount of interference's being uncalled is disgusting.

Top Bottom