• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
No idea about purg3. Was he a Pens fan?

It's the morning after. Time to get on with life and wait for Bylsma's release in the next 72 hours.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This was the hockey gods telling Iginla he should have accepted that Bruins trade.

E6woNsp.gif

Oh wow...

First woman drafted to the QMJHL “@StephRDSJunior: Charline Labonté a été la première femme a être sélectionné dans la #LHJMQ au 174e rang"

UberTag

Boston has the second most goals per game in these playoffs and they are first for shots per game.
Don't bring up logical arguments with a disgruntled hockey fan whose team just got swept.
Those never fly.

You Leafs fans are so right. If only your team hadn't choked away a three-goal lead in the 3rd period, you would be watching the Leafs in the SCF next week. Because that's the kind of team that advances through three rounds - the one that collapses when it matters most!
Had the Leafs won that Game 7, they would have lost to the Rangers.
And who the hell knows who would have won a series between New York and Pittsburgh.
At the end of the day, hypotheticals are just that. Hypothetical. "What if" scenarios hold no basis in the realm of reality.

All that matters is that Toronto looked amazing while losing to the Bruins and can hold their heads up with pride.
New York and Pittsburgh looked pathetic. The Rangers fired Torts and the Pens might blow up their team.

Curufinwe

I was out celebrating my birthday, while also watching the game in the bar. What a disaster. This one hurt bad. I wish we didn't get swept by such a dirty playing team, some of the hits on Sid, like wtf. The Pens gave up, it just wasn't in them to win, also where the fuck was our offense. What a disaster. I hope we can figure out what the fuck is wrong, and fast, because this was some of the most bullshit playing I've seen from the Pens in a while. I was expecting a crazy, hard fought series, not a lopsided bullshit sweep.

Fucking lame. Also fuck the Bruins, Leafs should have beat you.

Love when Pens fans have the gall to call other teams dirty. If Crosby had been hit by actual dirty hits like the ones Cooke and Neal have dished out in the past he'd be in a coma right now.

Alucard

Banned
Alucard change your avatar, don't want to see Crosby with the cup anymore, the dream's over.

I'll make some time to jump onto my laptop today and do just that.

Btw, Malkin will never go to a team that can't contend for a Cup. He's made it very clear he wants to win another one as a way of proving himself even more. He takes losses personally. Even after last night, he mentioned how HE didn't score and how it was bad for him and the team. Malkin is all heart and soul.

Btw, Malkin will never go to a team that can't contend for a Cup. He's made it very clear he wants to win another one as a way of proving himself even more. He takes losses personally. Even after last night, he mentioned how HE didn't score and how it was bad for him and the team. Malkin is all heart and soul.

Malkin I'm score?

He should go to Detroit to be with his favorite buddy named Datsyuk, together they can rule the land for mother Russia!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was out celebrating my birthday, while also watching the game in the bar. What a disaster. This one hurt bad. I wish we didn't get swept by such a dirty playing team, some of the hits on Sid, like wtf. The Pens gave up, it just wasn't in them to win, also where the fuck was our offense. What a disaster. I hope we can figure out what the fuck is wrong, and fast, because this was some of the most bullshit playing I've seen from the Pens in a while. I was expecting a crazy, hard fought series, not a lopsided bullshit sweep.

Fucking lame. Also fuck the Bruins, Leafs should have beat you.
Hah! See you next playoffs!
You Leafs fans are so right. If only your team hadn't choked away a three-goal lead in the 3rd period, you would be watching the Leafs in the SCF next week. Because that's the kind of team that advances through three rounds - the one that collapses when it matters most!
Fans from swept teams banding together to hate on the Leafs? All. This. Sodium...!

Sanjuro

Sounds like you keep him and ditch Crosby then.

MacAttack

I hope Sanjuro wasn't driving and listening to the radio this morning when Craig Mustard said Tuukka Rask is a better goalie than Tim Thomas. He may have driven into straight into a ditch if he was.

Rask is still four wins away from being able to make a case but so far his numbers have been fantastic:

Code:
Season     Tm   GP  W L GA  SA  SV  SV%  GAA SO
2012-13   BOS   16 12 4 30 527 497 .943 1.75  2

Compared with Tim Thomas' Stanley Cup run:

Code:
2010-11   BOS   25 16 9 51 849 798 .940 1.98  4

Razorskin

----- ------
I hope Sanjuro wasn't driving and listening to the radio this morning when Craig Mustard said Tuukka Rask is a better goalie than Tim Thomas. He may have driven into straight into a ditch if he was.

Rask is still four wins away from being able to make a case but so far his numbers have been fantastic:

Code:

Code:

He isn't quite at Thomas' douchebag level yet though.

MacAttack

What are the chances that Iginla calls it a day after this? I can't imagine he wouldn't try to come back for one more season after such a sudden and disappointing result.

No, its dusty in here.

Bourque didn't win his Cup until his first full season with Colorado. I guess the question is whether or not Pittsburgh would be able/willing to re-sign him.

He could try and sign with Boston in the off-season if Jagr retires.

-----------------

Lucic on Iginla:

“When a guy chooses another team over your team, it does light a little bit of a fire underneath you,” Lucic said after the B’s capped off a sweep of the Pens with a 1-0 win. “Fortunately, we were able to turn it into a positive more than a negative.”

Video with Lucic and his shit-eating grin as he answers questions about Iginla: http://nesn.com/2013/06/milan-lucic...th-bruins-by-choosing-to-join-penguins-video/

Sanjuro

Code:

Code:

I wouldn't drive into a ditch. Mustard is an idiot.

just wow that the Leafs were the ones to challenge the Bruins the most: this probably woke them up into Playoff mode.

Bruins fans should thank the Leafs, LOL

Pens pffffffffff they had to contend with the Isles and Sens, bottom of the East, not much a challenge

Sanjuro

just wow that the Leafs were the ones to challenge the Bruins the most: this probably woke them up into Playoff mode.

Pens pffffffffff they had to contend with the Isles and Sens, bottom of the East, not much a challenge

Don't forget, the Bruins aren't as good as the Senators.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Code:

Code:
Rask fucked up a bunch in the Rangers series which was the one i most closely followed. But all the other games ive seen him in this playoffs he has been great.

Alucard

Banned
Leafs fans should be proud. If the Bruins win the Cup, it's all because of Toronto. It's like...Toronto winning the Stanley Cup. Except, you know, not at all.

Buddy of mine said I should have been praying for the Rangers to beat the Bruins in the second round. Turns out he was right.

MacAttack

The Leafs series definitely woke up the Bruins. Bruins destroyed Toronto in the first game of that series and allowed Toronto to gain control of that series by not capitalizing on scoring opportunities. The Game 7 comeback showed how good they could be and there have only been a few times in the last two series where you can say they took their foot of the gas.

Pens weren't ready to play at the Bruins level in games one and two. I blame the coaching and veteran "leaders" on that team. If they played like they did in games 3 and 4 this series could have easily have gone seven games.

Rask fucked up a bunch in the Rangers series which was the one i most closely followed. But all the other games ive seen him in this playoffs he has been great.

UbbBike.gif

He'll never live down this moment.

Alucard

Banned
The Leafs series definitely woke up the Bruins. Bruins destroyed Toronto in the first game of that series and allowed Toronto to gain control of that series by not capitalizing on scoring opportunities. The Game 7 comeback showed how good they could be and there have only been a few times in the last two series where you can say they took their foot of the gas.

Pens weren't ready to play at the Bruins level in games one and two. I blame the coaching and veteran "leaders" on that team. If they played like they did in games 3 and 4 this series could have easily have gone seven games.

I dunno man. If one of the Pens' chances at the start of game 1 had actually gone in, we could have been looking at a whole different series. During the first ten minutes of the game, posters on here were saying it was going to be a shame that this series was going to be a massacre...of the Pens massacring the Bruins. Pens could have just as easily won game one.

Bah. "Could have," "May have," "Should have..." Doesn't mean anything.

MacAttack

I dunno man. If one of the Pens' chances at the start of game 1 had actually gone in, we could have been looking at a whole different series. During the first ten minutes of the game, posters on here were saying it was going to be a shame that this series was going to be a massacre...of the Pens massacring the Bruins. Pens could have just as easily won game one.

Bah. "Could have," "May have," "Should have..." Doesn't mean anything.

One period does not make a game. The Bruins had their chances in that period too but everyone was still in awe of the Crosby Effect and how great the Pens roster was. The Penguins couldn't sustain that level of play against a physical team like the Bruins who were not affected by the Penguins physical play.

Socreges

Banned
Hah! See you next playoffs!

Fans from swept teams banding together to hate on the Leafs? All. This. Sodium...!
I'm not hating. The Leafs obviously had a better round than the Canucks. You got three playoff wins out of it, which are always good times. But that's not going to stop me from making fun of silly hypotheticals and silly Leafs fans.

Goalie being angry over losing is NOT EVEN ON THE SAME RADAR as Tea Party/Obama snubbing lunacy.

Sorry Reimer, you won't make it.

Dude he's just happy to be there.

Also Giguere was never ever a douchebag.

One period does not make a game.

Wow, it's like you've never watched hockey. How often has one dominant period dictated a whole game? Let me count the ways.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Are there actually leafs fans here who believe they'd make the cup finals if they won game 7?

I just like the fact for the first time in a long while I can pretend as if this could be the Leafs going to the finals.

Realistically we probably would have lost to the rangers in 6 or 7.

MacAttack

Wow, it's like you've never watched hockey. How often has one dominant period dictated a whole game? Let me count the ways.

I watched that game. Twice.

I disagree with the premise of Pittsburgh dominating. They were able to match the Bruins play for one period of game one and that somehow earns them a pass on getting embarrassed in the last two periods?

Pakkidis

Are there actually leafs fans here who believe they'd make the cup finals if they won game 7?

I just like the fact for the first time in a long while I can pretend as if this could be the Leafs going to the finals.

I like to think so in an alternative timeline :p. I think they may have had a chance against New York however I don't think they would have it in them to beat Pittsburgh.

there are Habs fans who were think they could have gone to Round 2 if they faced the Bruins in round 1 instead of the Sens

Socreges

Banned

Samyy and Origin seemed to suggest so, but maybe not honestly.

Top Bottom