• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Solo

Forget Bylsma (although he needs to go too) - at what point do you have to think about replacing SHERO? Dude has now gone three straight seasons without improving his defense, instead continually stockpiling the scoring cabinet, despite history showing time and time again that you can't win in the playoffs without defense, no matter how good your scoring is.

Best part of the Game besides Chara save was this...

crosbypain_medium.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Chara's glove save in the final minute, insane:

hXEmvx7.gif
I actually keep watching him getting kneed in the fucking dome. Hope he doesn't have a concussion or something. :|

I'd rank that save third in recent Bruins position player history, after the one he had on Burrows in Game 7 and Ryder's in Game 5 against Montreal in 2011.

MacAttack

I meant fucked in the sense that the other team destroyed them, although they did get fucked by the hockey gods. At least 8 posts in this series. Jesus.

OK, my apologies for jumping down your throat but I would like to hear you say that the Bruins were the better team in this series. After all the promises of comebacks and excuses that never gave the Bruins any credit, I think you owe it to us.

Razorskin

----- ------
Best part of the Game besides Chara save was this...

crosbypain_medium.gif

How the hell did Crosby not see that coming, dude's always said to have great vision on the ice.

Forget Bylsma (although he needs to go too) - at what point do you have to think about replacing SHERO? Dude has now gone three straight seasons without improving his defense, instead continually stockpiling the scoring cabinet, despite history showing time and time again that you can't win in the playoffs without defense, no matter how good your scoring is.

I called for this and Alu said he's made good moves, well now they didn't get you anywhere!

Alucard

Banned
OK, my apologies for jumping down your throat but I would like to hear you say that the Bruins were the better team in this series. After all the promises of comebacks and excuses that never gave the Bruins any credit, I think you owe it to us.

I'll give credit to their defensive system, even though I think it's boring-as-fuck and negative hockey. Sorry, that's the best you're gonna get out of me right now.

cube444

I've been saying the Pens D wasn't good enough for quite awhile now. Shero is a good GM but most Pens fans tend to overrate him too. This year it looked like he GMd in his PJs while playing NHL 13.

Alucard

Banned
Shero has made moves to try and shore up the defense. He signed Martin and Michalek thinking they'd be solid for the Pens for years. Michalek is gone. After Martin throwing up all over himself last season, he had a huge bounceback season this year. Can't hate on Orpik. Guy just does his job most of the time and is rarely a liability. Letang can be GREAT, but he can also be risky. Niskanen played really well in the regular season, but had nothing to show in the playoffs. Then you've got Engelland, Eaton, and Murray...not bad defenders.

If anything, Letang has yet to become the total package that everyone expects him to be. He has month-long stretches where he IS Norris level. But then he pinches for no good reason.

I dunno. Fuck.

Sanjuro

I'll give credit to their defensive system, even though I think it's boring-as-fuck and negative hockey. Sorry, that's the best you're gonna get out of me right now.

I rather have "boring" hockey any day of the week.

Yup, that would be it lol. A bear dancing is funny, but why does it have to feel associated with a Bruins win? Bah!

He is better than the other mascot we have, Blades. POS.

penscramble_medium.gif

Chara crosschecks Krejci so that he can block a shot :lol

Thank you Bruins. Thank you for not letting Pittsburgh win another cup.

Back to the off-season thread! WOO! GO BRUINS!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
penscramble_medium.gif

Chara crosschecks Krejci so that he can block a shot :lol

Thank you Bruins. Thank you for not letting Pittsburgh win another cup.

Back to the off-season thread! WOO! GO BRUINS!

:rofl I didn't even see that at first. What a shift by Chara. First he saves the game with a glove-save in the last minute, then a few seconds later he cross-checks his teammate so he'd block a shot with his body? Is that how they do it in Eastern Europe? :lol

Smash88

Banned
I wonder if smash will post next year

I was out celebrating my birthday, while also watching the game in the bar. What a disaster. This one hurt bad. I wish we didn't get swept by such a dirty playing team, some of the hits on Sid, like wtf. The Pens gave up, it just wasn't in them to win, also where the fuck was our offense. What a disaster. I hope we can figure out what the fuck is wrong, and fast, because this was some of the most bullshit playing I've seen from the Pens in a while. I was expecting a crazy, hard fought series, not a lopsided bullshit sweep.

Fucking lame. Also fuck the Bruins, Leafs should have beat you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I was out celebrating my birthday, while also watching the game in the bar. What a disaster. This one hurt bad. I wish we didn't get swept by such a dirty playing team, some of the hits on Sid, like wtf. The Pens gave up, it just wasn't in them to win, also where the fuck was our offense. What a disaster. I hope we can figure out what the fuck is wrong, and fast, because this was some of the most bullshit playing I've seen from the Pens in a while. I was expecting a crazy, hard fought series, not a lopsided bullshit sweep.

Please stay. We need more edgy characters that aren't Forza-alts or Tabris.

Also, happy birthday and stuff. :lol Quick

Quick

Banned

430.gif

Socreges

Banned
You Leafs fans are so right. If only your team hadn't choked away a three-goal lead in the 3rd period, you would be watching the Leafs in the SCF next week. Because that's the kind of team that advances through three rounds - the one that collapses when it matters most!

Marvie_3

Banned
Why isn't the Newcastle/Canberra game being streamed live, dstrdl? They're showing the Newcastle/Melbourne game from last weekend. :/

cube444

Boston has the second most goals per game in these playoffs and they are first for shots per game.

cube444

Sid is now too soft to play a playoff style of hockey. He plays too much on the perimeter after all of those injuries.

What a leader!

Top Bottom