• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow, how can that be a call? No call on the play, it goes on for a few seconds with Boston having the puck, then the refs see Shaw is down and THEN they stop play? I mean, of course it was a penalty, but how late are you allowed to call those, simply because the player is lying on the ice? oO

Marvie_3

Banned
Kane shows up sometimes in the playoffs.
Fixed. He's been great lately but he was completely invisible for long stretches in earlier rounds.

Wow, how can that be a call? No call on the play, it goes on for a few seconds with Boston having the puck, then the refs see Shaw is down and THEN they stop play? I mean, of course it was a penalty, but how late are you allowed to call those, simply because the player is lying on the ice? oO

Boston's crowd yelling bought the Bruins a PP last game. Same thing happened there.

calder

it was a high stick that caused him to bleed

it should be 4 but it isnt dunno why

They called it roughing, not high sticking. Really on the replay it was a cross check more than anything, but really the differences just give the refs some latitude and they didn't want to give a double minor.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They called it roughing, not high sticking. Really on the replay it was a cross check more than anything, but really the differences just give the refs some latitude and they didn't want to give a double minor.

a cross check.. to the face :p

TheFatOne

Krejci has been absolutely horrific this series. The man refuses to shoot the fucking puck. Two clean opportunities to shoot. This is why I hate Krejci. So fucking inconsistent.

calder

a cross check.. to the face :p

There's no double minor for cross checking, the whole 'automatic double if there's blood' is only for high sticking.

Rule of thumb, if the illegal contact is with the shaft of the stick being held between the players hands its cross checking, which is not the same as high sticking.

DopeyFish

There's no double minor for cross checking, the whole 'automatic double if there's blood' is only for high sticking.

Rule of thumb, if the illegal contact is with the shaft of the stick being held between the players hands its cross checking, which is not the same as high sticking.

i have seen high sticking called nearly 100% of the time when its a cross check to the face

TheFatOne

I don't think the Bruins have made Crawford make one good save today. They refuse to shoot the puck, and are relying to much on the defensemen to shoot from the point. At some point the forwards should just shoot. That's one thing Chicago has done really well all series.

MacAttack

Bruins have played a decent road game, and have had their chances. Got to stop taking penalties and try and draw a few with sustained offensive pressure.

TheFatOne

Bruins have played a decent road game, and have had their chances. Got to stop taking penalties and try and draw a few with sustained offensive pressure.

Like I said earlier one of the more frustrating games to watch. They haven't been horrible, but every time they make one small mistake Chicago has made them pay.

MacAttack

Like I said earlier one of the more frustrating games to watch. They haven't been horrible, but every time they make one small mistake Chicago has made them pay.
It's a hockey game, and a two goal deficit going into the third is not ideal but this team has come back from worse. (with Bergeron)

TheFatOne

It's a hockey game, and a two goal deficit going into the third is not ideal but this team has come back from worse. (with Bergeron)

They still have plenty of time left, but the worrying thing to me is the most of the forwards have no jump. All they need is an early goal to give them some life.

Marvie_3

Banned
They still have plenty of time left, but the worrying thing to me is the most of the forwards have no jump. All they need is an early goal to give them some life.

Don't worry. Chicago will go into a shell and the Bruins will be able to get plenty of chances in the 3rd.

calder

Ok that pic of Crawford's pads was pretty funny. Shades of Garth Snow.

Oh Marvie I want in on the pre-Sochi podcast. So much trash to be talked, just please don't include any of those weirdo US hockey fans who "can't get into" international hockey because their favourite player is from Europe or Canada. They are just the worst
and so often have a Crosby sweater but don't live in Pittsburg

Marvie_3

Banned
Ok that pic of Crawford's pads was pretty funny. Shades of Garth Snow.

Oh Marvie I want in on the pre-Sochi podcast. So much trash to be talked, just please don't include any of those weirdo US hockey fans who "can't get into" international hockey because their favourite player is from Europe or Canada. They are just the worst
and so often have a Crosby sweater but not live in Pittsburg

Podcast is pretty much dead at this point. :lol

calder

Hah I just assumed it was slow going into the Finals. Not as much to talk about, and most podcast regs without a rooting interest.

Well if interest rises in the off season or next year then :)

UberTag

clapping_bear.gif

DopeyFish

what the hell happened to bergeron

he almost went to hospital by stretcher?! (hes in hospital now)

maybe elevated heart or something?

Top Bottom