• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol......... no

I think I'm only getting the next Xbox Day 1 or close is if Alan Wake 2 is a launch title.
3 weeks ago you were ready to jump out the window and burn all your Wings gear and now them missing the playoffs isn't a possibility? :lol Next season will be fun.

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock tried to limit the speculation on star center Pavel Datsyuk's future, when Babcock told reporters in Chicago on Wednesday that there's "zero" chance the Magic Man will leave Detroit and return home to play in Russia.
If he did leave, dat would syuk.
also Origin: Crazy Taxi wasn't a launch title.

Heretic

Quick, my man, can you "Only on Xbox"-ify my avatar please!

8zJwESJ.png

Quoting for Quick.

:-*

Derek Rose(sp?) from the Bulls couldn't play with a HEALED acl lol

Getzlaf didn't recover from his ankle injury either.

No excuses though. Every one is injured. I'm just always impressed by what they go through.

#BecauseItsTheCup
#BeaucheminForNorris :(
#GetzlafForHart

That's because Rose has the mental fortitude of Luongo.

Red_Man

Who is the bigger idiot here?
1. A coach who benches a player that hasn't done anything in the playoffs
2. Someone who calls that coach an idiot because he doesn't know anything about hockey

Lolhawks

LolQuienville

LolStalberg

Lolwsoxfan

pringles

3 weeks ago you were ready to jump out the window and burn all your Wings gear and now them missing the playoffs isn't a possibility? :lol Next season will be fun.
Datsyuk will have so much fun tearing up the no-defense Conference he'll probably stick around for 10 more years. We won't be missing the playoffs anytime soon in that weak-ass divison.

Solo

Datsyuk will have so much fun tearing up the no-defense Conference he'll probably stick around for 10 more years. We won't be missing the playoffs anytime soon in that weak-ass divison.

lol, I know we're all trolling each other, and that's fine. But come the fuck on. The NorthBeast is the toughest division in hockey. Both in terms of competition and also in the literal sense.

This.

Question for you:

Who is the bigger idiot here?
1. A coach who benches a player that hasn't done anything in the playoffs
2. Someone who calls that coach an idiot because he doesn't know anything about hockey

He's breaking up a third line that has consistently been one of the best in the league because the guy said something stupid. I know you love constantly criticizing every single fucking thing I say, but your opinion on him has always been that he's shitty. I don't think breaking up one of the best third lines in hockey is a great idea. If the third line that Q puts together is just as good or better tonight, good. I'll admit I was wrong. If it isn't, well, what a surprise, right? But not wanting to change one our third line, which has been getting some of the best chances out of any of them is knowing nothing about hockey, right?

I know you love hating Stalberg, but fuck off.

Is the third line shutting shit down?

It's been one of our most consistent lines, and I've yet to see a third line that can compete with ours on a consistent basis. If Stalberg is a passenger but the line as a whole is producing, what's the big deal? Why risk disrupting the entire line because Stalberg hurt Q's feelings with something he said?

pringles

lol, I know we're all trolling each other, and that's fine. But come the fuck on. The NorthBeast is the toughest division in hockey. Both in terms of competition and also in the literal sense.
Boston and Detroit will be the top dogs in that division. Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto will fight for the remaining playoff spots. Feel free to bookmark this post for later.

Red_Man

Boston and Detroit will be the top dogs in that division. Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto will fight for the remaining playoff spots. Feel free to bookmark this post for later.
You're aware you guys have Howard in net right? Just making sure.

You're aware you're in a downward path right now, correct? This suddenly makes you able to compete in the best division?

Marvie_3

Banned
He's breaking up a third line that has consistently been one of the best in the league because the guy said something stupid. I know you love constantly criticizing every single fucking thing I say, but your opinion on him has always been that he's shitty. I don't think breaking up one of the best third lines in hockey is a great idea. If the third line that Q puts together is just as good or better tonight, good. I'll admit I was wrong. If it isn't, well, what a surprise, right? But not wanting to change one our third line, which has been getting some of the best chances out of any of them is knowing nothing about hockey, right?

I know you love hating Stalberg, but fuck off.

2 players on that line have 4 points. 1 player has 1. Guess who it is.

Consistently one of the best in the league? That line was fucking invisible the last half of the season and the only reason they were any good in the first place was because the 1st and 4th lines were getting more of the defensive responsibilities.

Bolland is getting put back on the 3rd line. Are you really going to tell me that Stalberg is a better player for that role than Bolland?

I get that you like Stalberg because he's fast but he literally brings NOTHING else that other players can't do better. If this was NHL 14 you might have a point, but it's not. He's terrible defensively, has zero vision, can't pass, can't score on any of the breakaways his speed might get him, and he's a turnover machine.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is the third line shutting shit down?
Our 4th line plays more of the typical 3rd line role.

It's been one of our most consistent lines, and I've yet to see a third line that can compete with ours on a consistent basis. If Stalberg is a passenger but the line as a whole is producing, what's the big deal? Why risk disrupting the entire line because Stalberg hurt Q's feelings with something he said?
The whole line isn't producing though. Stalberg has done fuckall except turn the puck over 1000 times.

Stalberg is the one crying to Q because he didn't like his role so far. Maybe if he didn't fucking suck so bad, he'd get a bigger role.

They can send Stalberg's whiny ass home for the rest of the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

2 players on that line have 4 points. 1 player has 1. Guess who it is.

Consistently one of the best in the league? That line was fucking invisible the last half of the season and the only reason they were any good in the first place was because the 1st and 4th lines were getting more of the defensive responsibilities.

Bolland is getting put back on the 3rd line. Are you really going to tell me that Stalberg is a better player for that role than Bolland?

I get that you like Stalberg because he's fast but he literally brings NOTHING else that other players can't do better. If this was NHL 14 you might have a point, but it's not. He's terrible defensively, has zero vision, can't pass, can't score on any of the breakaways his speed might get him, and he's a turnover machine.

I'm not saying Stalberg has been playing well. I just don't think breaking up a line and potentially disrupting the chemistry is a great idea in the playoffs. I've always wanted Bolland on the 3rd line (with Stalberg and Bickell, granted), so that doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he's breaking up a line that has looked good in the playoffs thus far.

Stalberg has not been playing well and I've always wanted Bolland to center the third line. I never disputed these and am not claiming otherwise.

The issue I have is that the playoffs are not the time to split up a line that is playing well and experiment because a player hurt your feelings. It was stupid of Stalberg to run his mouth, but it wasn't really that huge of a deal to throw him onto the bench.

Acid08

Banned
60gb was best decision ever until it died this year. PS3 was the exception to that rule even if it lacked games at first.
Yeah 60gb was super legit. I worked at Target at the time too so I got a phat discount on it. It ended up costing me a little less than $400.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm not saying Stalberg has been playing well. I just don't think breaking up a line and potentially disrupting the chemistry is a great idea in the playoffs. I've always wanted Bolland on the 3rd line (with Stalberg and Bickell, granted), so that doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he's breaking up a line that has looked good in the playoffs thus far.

Stalberg has not been playing well and I've always wanted Bolland to center the third line. I never disputed these and am not claiming otherwise.
Yeah, let's keep playing a shitty player who has been playing like shit and is being greatly outproduced by garbage like Frolik and Kruger even after a better player comes back from injury. Glad you aren't the fucking coach.

The issue I have is that the playoffs are not the time to split up a line that is playing well and experiment because a player hurt your feelings.
Stalberg is the one crying about his role but Q is the one with hurt feelings? Is the playoffs really the best time to become a locker room cancer by complaining about your playing time? Is logical thinking not allowed where you live?

I wonder why I don't feel bad for Stool being injured...

LegalHit.gif

Btw, no suspension. No hearing. Deemed a hockey play.

Thats total bullshit. That is so not a "hockey play". He was tugging onto his shirt to increase the velocity of the hit and slow the player down (which is interference all by itself). Furthermore, the guy didn't even have the puck and he smashed him head first into the boards and ref. Comon.

pringles

You're aware you're in a downward path right now, correct? This suddenly makes you able to compete in the best division?
There's literally nothing indicating Detroit will be worse next season. And 1st round exit last year but 2nd round exit (?) this year is an upward trend dude.

Red_Man

I'm not saying Stalberg has been playing well.
You're spending an awful lot of time and effort defending a guy you don't think is playing well.

:lol

You obviously haven't seen Howard play much lately eh?
Lately? Nah, but how he's played lately is different then how he will play for an 82 season. Howard is one of the bottom starters in the league. He's up against Price, Anderson, Rask, Miller, and even Riemer.

There's literally nothing indicating Detroit will be worse next season. And 1st round exit last year but 2nd round exit (?) this year is an upward trend dude.
They barely made the playoffs as it is this year, you think they're going to get any better with all their key guys getting older? I love these western fans thinking the East is a guaranteed playoff ticket, have fun trying to compete with Montreal, Boston, Ottawa and Toronto in the same division.

Top Bottom