• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Acid08

Banned
See, this crap right here is what annoys me. Who gives a shit? Who gives a flying fuck that you have to connect once a day? Does it affect you? No. You're on here every fucking day with your hooberdoo shit which means you're connected to the internet. Don't say "oh but what about those with shotty/non-existing connection???" Fuck off. I don't care and neither do you. You just want to complain for the sake of complaining. If this does affect you then I completely understand but I seriously doubt it affects anyone on here.

This is my main pet-peeve on the gaming side. Complain about something that matters like how they're dealing with used games.

:(
And Soc tried to insinuate that I'm a fanboy ;)

Was only able to watch game 1 of the series. Holy fuck at the reffing in game 3. Just terrible.

And lol Xbox One. Could they have made it anymore blatantly anti consumer? I mean already having to pay to play online is fucking stupid, but this whole used game shit, and whatever else they've surely concocted to pinch every penny out of the consumer is complete BS. Also, the entire system seems to be designed for Americans. Not only that, their big pitch is an enhanced TV experience...da fuq, this isn't 2002 anymore.

Gonna have to go with Sony and a new PC. Can't wait for GT6.

Socreges

Banned
Haha my pet-peeve is more universal. The general complaining for the sake of complaining. In this instance it's the always on complaints that annoyed me.
I figure dubbed is more surprised because of the implications of always-online, even if it means nothing for him, which maybe you haven't considered.

I'll upgrade to a GTX 770 when it finally drops and a WiiU for Smash 4. Everything today is just making that decision easier for me.

None of the MS bullshit is a major issue for me but they don't actually have exclusives that I give a shit about anymore, so why sign up for the mess that is sure to follow.

Socreges

Banned
I'll upgrade to a GTX 770 when it finally drops and a WiiU for Smash 4. Everything today is just making that decision easier for me.

None of the MS bullshit is a major issue for me but they don't actually have exclusives that I give a shit about anymore, so why sign up for the mess that is sure to follow.
TMmKWh7.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This Xbox One shit is too fucking funny, even if none of really matters to me all that much. Still not buying one, though. I feel like I can survive on current gen stuff forever — next gen is not appealing to me in the least.

I have a 360 (never had a PS3, unfortunately), and it's one of my favorite consoles ever, but for some reason I just want to see MS go down in flames over this bullshit, as immature as that may sound. I've really started to dislike them as a company in recent years.

See, this crap right here is what annoys me. Who gives a shit? Who gives a flying fuck that you have to connect once a day? Does it affect you? No. You're on here every fucking day with your hooberdoo shit which means you're connected to the internet. Don't say "oh but what about those with shotty/non-existing connection???" Fuck off. I don't care and neither do you. You just want to complain for the sake of complaining. If this does affect you then I completely understand but I seriously doubt it affects anyone on here.

This is my main pet-peeve on the gaming side. Complain about something that matters like how they're dealing with used games.
Jokes aside, it does effect every gamer. Stuff that limits my choice is a bad thing. Yes I do go online everyday, and visit GAF nearly every day. I don't do it through 1 device or connection though. My personal mobile-PC gaf ratio is about 80/20%. Plus my home connection has gone out for over 24hrs; bad routers AT&T shitiastic service and infrastructure.

Having the XB1 demand I turn it on to connect at least 24hrs is bullshit. As if paying for the console, game, ISP and Live isn't enough I must now tend to it every 24hrs? Plus there are plenty of times I prefer to just play offline. If I'm doing a season in NHL 13 I'll be offline. Same goes for some single player games or if I want to do a free flight and be void of notifications and people asking about the game I'm playing every few minutes. No used games also sucks because I exchange games with my bro, and it's something that we do to keep in contact more that I'm out in the world and he's in high school.

Worse is that MS is directly taking the anti-consumer stuff on as a manufacturer. I hope it doesn't effect the other makers, but it probably will.

Heretic just remember you're beautiful like a diamond in the sky. So shine bright.

Heretic

Jokes aside, it does effect every gamer. Stuff that limits my choice is a bad thing. Yes I do go online everyday, and visit GAF nearly every day. I don't do it through 1 device or connection though. My personal mobile-PC gaf ratio is about 80/20%. Plus my home connection has gone out for over 24hrs; bad routers AT&T shitiastic service and infrastructure.

Having the XB1 demand I turn it on to connect at least 24hrs is bullshit. As if paying for the console, game, ISP and Live isn't enough I must now tend to it every 24hrs? Plus there are plenty of times I prefer to just play offline. If I'm doing a season in NHL 13 I'll be offline. Same goes for some single player games or if I want to do a free flight and be void of notifications and people asking about the game I'm playing every few minutes. No used games also sucks because I exchange games with my bro, and it's something that we do to keep in contact more that I'm out in the world and he's in high school.

Worse is that MS is directly taking the anti-consumer stuff on as a manufacturer. I hope it doesn't effect the other makers, but it probably will.

Heretic just remember you're beautiful like a diamond in the sky. So shine bright.
<3

And all joking aside, I'm jealous you have hooberdoo.

Heretic, the good news is that since AW and AWAN was released for PC, AW2 will probably release for PC as well whenever they make it, win!!

I'm grasping at straws now :(

Eventually. Naughty Dog is the only Sony first party who really interests me and it takes a few years for multiple games of theirs to come out.

Also this and I don't like the dual shock controllers, pretty much why I don't really use my PS3 and why I won't bother with a PS4.

RC

Banned
Late to the news, but Xbox One is a stupid name and the console looks like a VCR. But it's not like I was going to buy into the next gen to begin with.

Stasis

I was gonna go for a 770 myself (I have a 570 now) but I think it's better to wait for the 800 series based on the new architecture. Will be a significant jump for a similar price range.

At this point I'm zero interested in Xbox One, which is actually kind of a relief. I'm gonna grab a PS4 now and I'll maybe pick up a One down the line as a living room media center I can play Forza/Halo on. That depends on what Valve can do as well.

Socreges

Banned
Any good reason to rule out the new Dual Shock so soon? Maybe they've improved the analog sticks.

I won't be getting either console for a long time anyhow. Gonna chip away at my backlog and probably get a WiiU for Pikmin/Mario(3D)/Zelda/New Retro game within the next year if there's a significant price drop.

Clydefrog

I got a Wii for free so I don't feel bad that it's back in the box sitting underneath my bed. My PS3 is on my dresser along with my TV; it is my blu-ray / Netflix machine. My PC is my gaming console.

Heretic

I love that GAF us a place where people who claim to have inside info get banned when it turns out they were full of shit.

Like that Reiko person. He/She was beyond annoying.

Any good reason to rule out the new Dual Shock so soon? Maybe they've improved the analog sticks.

I won't be getting either console for a long time anyhow. Gonna chip away at my backlog and probably get a WiiU for Pikmin/Mario(3D)/Zelda/New Retro game within the next year if there's a significant price drop.

I don't like the placement of the analogs and they feel too loose. They've always been that way so I doubt they'll change them.

Acid08

Banned
Like that Reiko person. He/She was beyond annoying.

I don't like the placement of the analogs and they feel too loose. They've always been that way so I doubt they'll change them.

Could have sworn there were PS4 controller hands on that said the sticks were much tighter and the "dead zone" issue or whatever had been fixed.

PS controllers have always felt perfect to me. It was only the L2/R2 triggers on the PS3 that were subpar. But I had issues with the bumpers on the 360 controller too.

Stasis

Feels like we're barely hanging on right now and it's just Hank being Hank.

Only a matter of time before the Bruins get one and I feel like that'll be all she wrote. We need to start scoring soon if we're to have any chance at winning a game, let alone the series.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Could have sworn there were PS4 controller hands on that said the sticks were much tighter and the "dead zone" issue or whatever had been fixed.

PS controllers have always felt perfect to me. It was only the L2/R2 triggers on the PS3 that were subpar. But I had issues with the bumpers on the 360 controller too.

I'm glad the sticks are finally concave on the PS4.

Filth

The New York fans are dead.

Everyone is skating like they are 60.

What is this shit?

I went to game 4 against the caps and the rangers won. I've never in my life been to a rangers game that was so quiet. Seems all the seats were given to corporate people who don't really care.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I went to game 4 against the caps and the rangers won. I've never in my life been to a rangers game that was so quiet. Seems all the seats were given to corporate people who don't really care.
Game 4 was the one I didn't go to. Game 3 was decently loud but Game 6 was wild.

Crowd was really really hot to start tonight, really loud for Hank's biggest saves, and that's about it. The play on the ice is a real downer.

Overall felt like we controlled the pace in that period but didn't create much. His Handsomeness is the only reason this isn't 2-0 Boston right now. Gonna have to do better than that next period.

I'm not finished but this Xbox conference blows so hard. I don't give a shit about connecting all my bullshit together. I'm so glad I don't care about games anymore - fuck paying fees when you buy used games, fuck being forced to be online to use your console (once a day is still being forced to be online, no?), fuck not having backwards compatibility. I love my original Xbox and my 360, but GTFO

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not finished but this Xbox conference blows so hard. I don't give a shit about connecting all my bullshit together. I'm so glad I don't care about games anymore - fuck paying fees when you buy used games, fuck being forced to be online to use your console (once a day is still being forced to be online, no?), fuck not having backwards compatibility. I love my original Xbox and my 360, but GTFO
Sounds like you need a PS4

Stasis

Do these refs not realize we need at least 5-3's if they're trying to give us the game?

edit: I love how upset the crowd gets during the PP. I hate ppl who boo their own team, but this PP is definitely deserving of boos.

Let's cycle it around the boards for 45 seconds and then lose it guys, that works really well.

MacAttack

Do you think Torterella can hear Pierre and is there any chance he will walk over and strangle him if he could hear him rip his team?

Fuck.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure I remember the PS4 not being backwards compatible either?

Bottom line is PC = Master race anyway.

Use Xbox 360 controller for PC for maximum win.
Ok, so for everything else, you need a PS4 :p

Didn't they say you'd be able to stream old games like OnLive? If they somehow can make it free for games you already own, that'd be so awesome.

Quick

Banned
I'm curious about what Microsoft has planned for Xbox Live. Are they still seriously going to continue the same paywall model they have currently?

Marvie_3

Banned

I think I'm just going to buy another 360 instead of any of the new consoles. My backlog will take me a few years to get through anyway.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im probably going to buy a backup 360 on the cheap, keep the 360 around, but now invest in a steambox for all my steam/gog/origin games and maybe get a ps4 for the real high-end console experiences from Naughty Dog etc.

The focus MS has gone with the new xbox has completely shifted my attention to my steam account, which has 360+ games on it. Cheap steam sales is mighty attractive if im gonna have to swallow online activation drm. Getting that set up on my tv with my 360 controller is gonna be priority now.

Also, the Rangers are playing the Bruins tonight guys.

Top Bottom