• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Heretic

So much hate everywhere lol.

One is day 1 for me. I will be playing in the nude from now on. Hope MS likes looking at my junk!

Socreges

Banned
Anyway the Gamecube still has the comfiest controller.

Pretty piss poor for shooters but pure sex for Smash and Soul Calibur.
WAVEBIRD 4EVR

Heretic said:
A lot remains to be seen, but the PS4 definitely has the edge right now.
What edge are you talking about?
Technically superior, more actual software shown (this will change), don't have to pay a subscription for online service, no ridiculous complications with using games on different consoles.

What about taking a game to a friend's house to play multiplayer (eg, NHL)? Or just lending a game to someone, as you would a movie or book? Just sounds like a headache. Very anti-consumer.
Sounds like they'll have to pay a fee to register to their box.
Yeah, that's why I said it sounds like a headache. Always sounds so funny to me when they describe these gaming experiences as more "human" and more "social" as we're further driven into our independent little internet cocoons.

It's also technically inferior to the PS4, in terms of specs.
This is a funny sentence. But yes.
Your sentence was a funnier sentence.

I've owned a 360 since 2007. Never owned a PS3. But right now I'd probably go with the PS4, if any.
Bandwagon
Xbot

Heretic

So apparently the cheering, hooting and applauding was by planted Microsoft employees.

Sad conference gets sadder

1. Not the first time this has happened.

2. Who cares? Supposedly it was MS employees. I'd be cheering two if they were showing my hard work. This reveal was about them after all.

Heretic

They also paid Schuey and Heretic to do the same here.

LOL! I wish. Maybe i'm too passive. Hyperboles every where at the moment. People just need to relax. The Xbox One presentation today was to do two things. Reveal the console and celebrate the people behind it. E3 will be a different beast.

Marvie_3

Banned
As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.
SOFTWARE!!!

Fucking modern day version of this:

Sega-Tower-of-Power.jpg

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is this new Xbox focusing more on Kinect stuff? I don't care about that at all and I stopped paying attention to the 360 once Microsoft solely focused on the Kinect.

Socreges

Banned
LOL! I wish. Maybe i'm too passive. Hyperboles every where at the moment. People just need to relax. The Xbox One presentation today was to do two things. Reveal the console and celebrate the people behind it. E3 will be a different beast.
Nah. You're just being too defensive. This is what happens when you tie your well-being to a cause before you even know what it's about. :p

Marvie_3

Banned
The wireless Wavebird controller was great.
Still had some of the problems that the regular GC controller had (shitty dpad, c-stick, z button) but it was probably the best controller ever made.
Is this new Xbox focusing more on Kinect stuff? I don't care about that at all and I stopped paying attention to the 360 once Microsoft solely focused on the Kinect.

There's a new Kinect.

It has a new hat.

Shitty conference if you're a gamer.

They'll probably market it as an advanced PVR as much (if not more) than a game console. Got to appeal to people who have no interest in gaming.

Might outsell Sony if it works, depends on if people want to yell at their TV to change channels.

Tech specs between the two consoles are probably close enough that you'll need a magnifying glass to see any difference.

Heretic

SORT of. All of the features shown today revolved mainly around voice recognition. They showed very little of the gesture side of Kinect.

@Marvie,
That definitely blows. No additional peripherals please!

Socreges

Banned
I think the press would have started cheering if Microsoft had actually shown off a new Halo or something worth getting excited about. E3 should be different.

They'll probably market it as an advanced PVR as much (if not more) than a game console. Got to appeal to people who have no interest in gaming.

Might outsell Sony if it works, depends on if people want to yell at their TV to change channels.

Tech specs between the two consoles are probably close enough that you'll need a magnifying glass to see any difference.
Apparently the difference in RAM is kinda significant; DDR3 vs DDR5? MS has actually been quoted as saying that they purposely didn't target the highest-end graphics, but focused on general entertainment. Dunno if that's going to be too noticeable. Diminishing returns, etc.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
With the next NHL it will be cool to be able to be in the game lobby, switch instantly to GAF, post shit and go back to the game.

Heretic

Nah. You're just being too defensive. This is what happens when you tie your well-being to a cause before you even know what it's about. :p
Hahaha! I'm getting The One because it has my favorite game. Just like i'll be getting the WiiU when all the heavy hitters come out and the PS4 when... we'll see what the PS4 can do. They have to sell me their console because I can't stand their controller. XOne has Halo. Everything else is just a cherry on top. All the cool features that they announced I could seriously do without but I'm excited that they're there. It's a great step into the future of entertainment. Seriously, what they showed today is super cool. The ability to switch between playing a game, watching tv, listening to music, or surfing the web kicks so much ass. My lazy ass is satisfied with that they showed in that regard.

Shitty conference if you're a gamer.

Wait for E3. If you're not satisfied as a gamer after that then this console isn't for you and your team deserved to be swept.

Samyy

Heretic and Schuey are the biggest fan boys I've seen since well 2005
If Xbox One successeds with its stance on paywalls and its position on used games consumers ultimately lose plain and simple.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Xbox One not really doing much to impress me. Though I like the idea of 8 new IP.

I was always gonna buy a PS4 anyways though. Best 1st party support, Playstation Plus, etc.

I just hope they dont join in these anti consumer practices of no used games or putting apps like Netflix and MLB.tv behind a paywall.

Heretic

I think the press would have started cheering if Microsoft had actually shown off a new Halo or something worth getting excited about. E3 should be different.

Apparently the difference in RAM is kinda significant; DDR3 vs DDR5? MS has actually been quoted as saying that they purposely didn't target the highest-end graphics, but focused on general entertainment. Dunno if that's going to be too noticeable. Diminishing returns, etc.

I don't know specs but I think the main difference between the two is speed. They're both 8 Gigs. Not sure how that affects graphics though.

Maybe Dopeyfish can come in here and explain better.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I think we have been pretty good. I didn't care for the a lot of the NFL shit and EA stuff. Also I haven't said shit about the PS4 other than preferring the 360 controller.

Heretic

Haha I'll admit that my console of choice is the Xbox. I have all 3 and will eventually have all three of the new ones too... maybe.

If Xbox One successeds with its stance on paywalls and its position on used games consumers ultimately lose plain and simple.
I agree. Fortunately for me it doesn't affect me.

Samyy

You are only the biggest fanboys I've seen because I haven't paid attention to gaming side in well years :p im sure there are worse. I used to be a horrible sony fanboy in ps2 days.

Decided to peak into the gamespot forums since gaf was down and......welp. That was a mistake.

Acid08

Banned
<3

Bad times...

Wavebird was nice.

Software as in games? The XOne reveal showed way more software than the PS4 reveal.
The PS4 reveal wasn't supposed to serve the same purpose as this one. It was more about the mindset that Sony has going into this gen. More technical. This was straight up marketing and junk. Plus lots of the games shown are going to be multiplats so it's not really that impressive in that regard.

Timed exclusive DLC snooooooze

Top Bottom