• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Neither one blew me away with their conferences, but I give Sony the edge for surprising everyone with the RAM. Once we found that out, you knew these two machines would be very similar.

Really wish we saw next gen NHL.

Also, is it just me, or did Call of Duty Ghosts look about on par with Battlefield 3?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Both systems will be great. I have a PS3 as well, but I prefer my Xbox. I like my Halo's and Forza and the multiplats I like will be similar.

Samyy

Im not getting one for a few years unless the PS4 is priced well, need another system since we just got the basement finished and are putting up a nice 70 inch TV. If its too expensive I might just get a second PS3 for the bluray/ entertainment factor. Hopefully it falls to 200 soon.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully you can make your own voice commands so when I yell "XBOX POINT" it'll take me right to the HNIC app.

Socreges

Banned
Im just bitter because I wanted to know a lot more about the architecture instead of some broad-canned-buzz word filled announcement.
0070_nqcgj.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll reserve judgement for what console to buy until E3... Although I'm probably gonna end up staying with MS, unless Sony has some really good arguments. I can't stand their controllers.

Heretic

Im just bitter because I wanted to know a lot more about the architecture instead of some broad-canned-buzz word filled announcement.
Maybe E3 will reveal more of the specs. Doesn't look like MS is touting that side of the hardware though so who knows if they'll even talk about it.

The PS4 reveal wasn't supposed to serve the same purpose as this one. It was more about the mindset that Sony has going into this gen. More technical. This was straight up marketing and junk. Plus lots of the games shown are going to be multiplats so it's not really that impressive in that regard.

Timed exclusive DLC snooooooze
I preferred the XOne event because they actually showed what it can do. The games are going to be there for both consoles. MS said this presentation wasn't about games. Wait for E3 for that.

Neither one blew me away with their conferences, but I give Sony the edge for surprising everyone with the RAM. Once we found that out, you knew these two machines would be very similar.

Really wish we saw next gen NHL.

Also, is it just me, or did Call of Duty Ghosts look about on par with Battlefield 3?
Finally saw a good quality feed of CoD Ghost and I wasn't impressed with the graphics. Hopefully 343i will blow me away with Halo 5 and Remedy with Alan Wake 2 *crosses fingers*

I'll reserve judgement for what console to buy until E3... Although I'm probably gonna end up staying with MS, unless Sony has some really good arguments. I can't stand their controllers.
I'm right there with you.

Red_Man

Have to wait to see what they show at E3, but the games MS showed today looked like shit, and no way net gen. The EA sports preview was laughable.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good that you will be able to add external storage. 500GB is not enough now.

edit: @Red, yeah the EA stuff was pretty lame. Forza looks like could be amazing and Remedy game didn't show enough. The one part of COD vid that I thought was impressive was the jungle scene at night with all the vegetation blowing around.

Clydefrog

Wow, by the looks of things, you guys should quit your NHL podcast and do a gaming one. You might get more people to volunteer.

Looks like Clifford is suiting up tonight. I hope to God this frees Penner to the Richards/Carter line.

What's up with Havlat?

The lonely NHL post -- I have found it!

Yeah, hopefully that puts Penner back with his old playoff linemates. King is just useless.

Heretic

Have to wait to see what they show at E3, but the games MS showed today looked like shit, and no way net gen. The EA sports preview was laughable.

I was watching the youtube feed @ the lowest resolution so I couldn't really tell. It looked pretty bad from what I saw. I really don't know what I was expecting though. PS4 graphics didn't impress me either. I guess I have been spoiled by PC games.

Red_Man

I was watching the youtube feed @ the lowest resolution so I couldn't really tell. It looked pretty bad from what I saw. I really don't know what I was expecting though. PS4 graphics didn't impress me either. I guess I have been spoiled by PC games.
I wasn't impressed with the PS4 stuff either, I haven't seen anything that screamed next gen to me from any system, but then again I don't play a lot of games either.

Heretic

Wow, by the looks of things, you guys should quit your NHL podcast and do a gaming one. You might get more people to volunteer.

The lonely NHL post -- I have found it!

Yeah, hopefully that puts Penner back with his old playoff linemates. King is just useless.

There are enough gaming podcasts out there. Our NHL Saltcast kicks ass.

Sanjuro

Did you let Marvie know? Always let Marvie know.

He didn't know shit!

He sent me a PM which I didn't see until late. I wandered into the vent, but you guys were fingerbanging in there already. Sunday would have worked better. I had more alcohol energy.

Well, no AW2 for the time being and just more and more bad news keeps coming in over different areas of the Xbox One , I think I'm going to just stick with my 360 for the time being and just get the few games I want for next gen on PC (as long as they have controller support because I hate Kb/M to death). Sigh..... Well that was a complete letdown

Finally saw a good quality feed of CoD Ghost and I wasn't impressed with the graphics. Hopefully 343i will blow me away with Halo 5 and Remedy with Alan Wake 2 *crosses fingers*

We can only hope when they announce it in 2+ years. :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It is. It'll be interesting to see how people react if (when?) it comes out that publishers are forcing PS3 to do the same thing with used or borrowed games.

Yeah I wonder if that will happen. Definitely a lot of negativity out there. A lot of it doesn't really effect me since I rarely lend games, etc., but I could see others being upset.

Heretic

I should have explained a bit more...

There's a different thread that says there won't be any fees. So, I replied with "Interesting."

Yeah I wonder if that will happen. Definitely a lot of negativity out there. A lot of it doesn't really effect me since I rarely lend games, etc., but I could see others being upset.

This is where I stand too. All the negative aspects that people are complaining about don't really bother me. I feel they're making mountains out of molehills. A lot of questions need to be answered regarding used games that's for sure.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

I just don't like to support devices or services that are blatantly anti-consumer.

Samyy

I've hated the direction gaming has been headed ever since we saw what the Wii was going to be, now all this Kinect/Move BS is super depressing me.

-hugs 3DS-

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like the same Ranger lineup tonight, though Newbury and Haley both skated with the team in practice.

Off to MSG I go.

Heretic

I just don't like to support devices or services that are blatantly anti-consumer.

You can still play used games though. What does suck is the example Socreges mentioned about going to a buds house with your copy. I hope, for the sake of others, that they find a happy middle ground.

Samyy

You can still play used games though. What does suck is the example Socreges mentioned about going to a buds house with your copy. I hope, for the sake of others, that they find a happy middle ground.

Yea you can buy a used game but Harrison said that it would cost you the same retail price of the game for the code.

So now their going to force you to use their system to trade digital rights. Fun.

Socreges

Banned
But you have to pay the full price according to the corporate vice president of MS, so what's the point? "Used games" won't even really exist anymore as it's essentially meaningless. MS is going to introduce their own is digital trading system, so that you can get rid of games you don't want anymore, but we'll have to see how that works.

As for going to a friend's house, as long as you can log into your own account on their console, you should be able to play without paying. But loaning games to friends is no longer an option, which is horseshit.

Heretic

:lol the negativity and bad press is starting to get to me. The games better be gud.

at the end of the day, none of the new consoles are doing anything different game-wise. I'm disappointed in that. I honestly don't know what I was expecting but I was hoping for new experiences and neither the XOne or the PS4 are doing that. The WiiU, funny enough, is the only one doing that.

"Next Gen" is going to be the same thing only prettier and that's truly disappointing.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm "done" trying to keep up with gaming consoles, at least until my daughter turns 5 or 6. Right now, I still just play my Wii, PS2, DS, and I got a 3DS 2 months ago that I still haven't touched. Heck, I haven't touched the other consoles in months as well. Just no time. Parenthood changes everything.

Heretic

Phil Harrison is crushing souls in the gaming section.

Oh dear lord baby Kung-fu Jesus, it must be connected online at least once a day?

See, this crap right here is what annoys me. Who gives a shit? Who gives a flying fuck that you have to connect once a day? Does it affect you? No. You're on here every fucking day with your hooberdoo shit which means you're connected to the internet. Don't say "oh but what about those with shotty/non-existing connection???" Fuck off. I don't care and neither do you. You just want to complain for the sake of complaining. If this does affect you then I completely understand but I seriously doubt it affects anyone on here.

This is my main pet-peeve on the gaming side. Complain about something that matters like how they're dealing with used games.

Meltdowns, damage control threads. What a glorious day in gaming.

:(

Socreges

Banned
See, this crap right here is what annoys me. Who gives a shit? Who gives a flying fuck that you have to connect once a day? Does it affect you? No. You're on here every fucking day with your hooberdoo shit which means you're connected to the internet. Don't say "oh but what about those with shotty/non-existing connection???" Fuck off. I don't care and neither do you. You just want to complain for the sake of complaining. If this does affect you then I completely understand but I seriously doubt it affects anyone on here.

This is my main pet-peeve on the gaming side. Complain about something that matters like how they're dealing with used games.
lol

Acid08

Banned
This used games stuff sounds fucked.

I was trolling earlier but I do think the controller looks good. Probably the only thing that really impressed me. It all comes down to games though and I've liked Sony exclusives more since the PS2/Xbox generation. I don't care about Halo at all. In fact I don't really care about FPS games in general at all.

If Sony can come with some good stuff at E3 then the PS4 is Day One for me. If not then I'll wait. Not in much a hurry to get these consoles unless there's something at launch I need which isn't likely. Plus everything I've heard indicates that MS is turning into the new Sony as far as developer relations go. Had a really long conversation with my bosses husband about this, he's a producer at Sega. He also said "fuck you" to all the people who cry to them about making a new Shenmue when none of them bought Yakuza(the actual new Shenmue).

The hardware similarities mean that there's no longer going to be the issue of PS3 ports being amazingly inferior anymore. That's huge for the "core" gamer crowd. MS could definitely lose their segment of that "core" crowd but I doubt they care much. Core gamers don't mean shit to these companies. The used games thing is where they can really lose footing with the mainstream though.

Top Bottom