• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That is what I'm suggesting. It's been just 5 months. Kesler played 77 games + playoffs in 11/12 before having surgery in the offseason. We all knew something was wrong as he wasn't the same player, but nothing was revealed until he was done playing.

He was the leading scorer for the Rangers in the last playoffs. Now he's suddenly had this remarkable decline? I think it has to be an injury or his conditioning, more than some sudden, natural decline.

It's not impossible. He wasn't in game shape coming into training camp, which seemed kind of unusual for a guy like Richards, and he didn't play anywhere else during the lockout. It wouldn't be TOO shocking if he was injured the whole time. If he was, he might want to make sure the organization knows about it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so Roman Hamrlik's last game was April 1, and he played 4 minutes in that one.

So...don't expect to see much of him. McDonagh and Girardi are easily going to put in over 30 minutes each most likely.

Alucard

Banned
Time to bring in that fire hydrant.

Sens in 7. Sounds like a lock to win game 5 and 7 at least!

Bylsma couldn't counter-coach a mirror.

Pens had never beaten the Islanders in a playoff series before this year either.

We'll see what happens. I think you guys are being way too critical of Bylsma. Easy to see every mistake when the microscope is on you from every fanbase who wishes they had the Pens' talent.

Pens had never beaten the Islanders in a playoff series before this year either.

We'll see what happens. I think you guys are being way too critical of Bylsma. Easy to see every mistake when the microscope is on you from every fanbase who wishes they had the Pens' talent.

The series would be over by now If he hadn't made a fucking scrub mistake with a minute left.

Eh, not his fault Malkin didn't stick to Alfredsson. Plus, Michalek's pass had eyes.

It's his fault that they played a one man forecheck with the man advantage and a minute left.

The fact Malkin was out if they were just planning to turtle for a minute was bad move too, its not like weak defensive coverage is new for him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I can't tell when you're being serious or trolling anymore. Being way too critical? 0-6 in elimination games at home is a big sample, it deserves criticism. His decision to ice the players he did and defend a lead in the game Ottawa won also deserves criticism. It's easy to look like an amazing coach when you ice Crosby, Letang, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, Oprik, etc.

Alucard

Banned
I can't tell when you're being serious or trolling anymore. Being way too critical? 0-6 in elimination games at home is a big sample, it deserves criticism. His decision to ice the players he did and defend a lead in the game Ottawa won also deserves criticism. It's easy to look like an amazing coach when you ice Crosby, Letang, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, Oprik, etc.

Ask the late-90s and early-2000s Rangers how easy it is for a team of superstars to play together.

Clydefrog

Galiardi called Quick a diver, Doughty responds:

"It's not even playoff talk," Doughty said. "It's just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team. Like it's just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.
"But I don't want to get involved in that stuff. I don't think you have to watch many [San Jose] games. You can just watch three of his shifts and you'll see how many times he dives. There's been times where even the refs are telling him, just get up, because he's diving so often."

KG5X4uU.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Glad Kreider is getting promoted for this game. He's been noticeable frequently when he's gotten his chances in this series.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marc Savard on twitter :

Tortorella should get fired right after the game he has ruined all of his players confidence #Richardswillget80pointsnextyear #ByeByeTorts

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marc Savard on twitter :

Anybody blaming Torts for the Brad Richards situation is a moron. Torts has a lot of faults, and he's fucked with a lot of guys this year like Kreider and Miller, but Brad Richards isn't one of them. If anything he's been loyal to Richards to a fault.

Plus Richards loves Tortorella. He excited about coming to the Rangers so he could be reunited with Torts. He also, you know, won a Stanley Cup and a Conn Smythe under Tortorella.

But yeah, it's totally Torts' fault that he's garbage this year.

Sanjuro

God, remembered the asshole at the pub for the last game.

Part 1

Me: "Pass the puck back out! Defenders aren't even seeing it." - During the first period when nobody was doing anything.

Asshole: " You ever play hockey before? No? That's why. You don't understand."

Part 2

Me: "Man. Henrik is making some unbelievable saves, guy is outstanding."

Asshole: "Did you ever see him win a Stanley Cup before? No? You just don't understand."

Only thing that stopped me from punching him in the face would be getting all the pure hepatitis all over me from his filthy sailor blood.

Top Bottom