• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Quick

Banned
It's the manga readers you have to watch out for. The dudes sitting on the floor of the manga section on a book store, don't talk to those guys.

I know. I work at one. The graphic novels and manga section are next to each other, and it's very tight. It irritates me to see them sit there on the floor, while all these people try to walk by and look, but end up getting blocked by these guys.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know. I work at one. The graphic novels and manga section are next to each other, and it's very tight. It irritates me to see them sit there on the floor, while all these people try to walk by and look, but end up getting blocked by these guys.
I remember seeing guys do this in Chapters years ago, you can't kick them out?

Acid08

Banned
Yeah the comics are always right next to the manga so these dudes are always making my shopping experience as awkward as possible.

Quick

Banned
I remember seeing guys do this in Chapters years ago, you can't kick them out?

Chapters/Coles/Indigo actually encourage that shit. Not explicitly stated, of course, but the idea is, they're comfortable enough to read, they'll want to buy the book after.

Annoys the fuck out of me, especially people who make a huge mess. The kids section gets it worst, and I feel bad for them. Piss-poor parenting really shows there.

Yeah the comics are always right next to the manga so these dudes are always making my shopping experience as awkward as possible.

I know. I pop into my store to look for new graphic novels, and NOPE - Circle of weaboos sitting and blocking my way and my view.

Speaking of graphic novels, my store had ONE copy of Hawkeye: My Life As A Weapon. The rest of the area had 2 in total. Told my manager to order 10 more copies. NONE have been sold yet. :(

Acid08

Banned
1369269847995_zpsd25a8bdc.jpg

LOL

Quick

Banned
Really bothers me seeing the Canucks use HDTVs side-by-side as a background for press conferences.

Mike%20Gillis.png

Two reasons:
1) Feels like a waste.
2) The black borders on each TV bother me because it splits the background.

What I'd do:
Get a giant fucking screen instead.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Somehow I missed the Vigneault firing news. Good for the Canucks. What other teams need a head coach?

Off the top of my head - Avs, but I think they have Roy lined up. Maybe the Rangers, soon? :p Maybe Philly?

CCF23

Off the top of my head - Avs, but I think they have Roy lined up. Maybe the Rangers, soon? :p Maybe Philly?

Dallas needs one, no?

My Canucks coaching shortlist look like:

Torts (if available)
Eakins
Tippett (if available)

and then guys like Ruff and Paul Maurice if none of the above 3 are options.

Smiley90

No thanks to Tortorella

The team would implode if we switch from AV to Torts. They're like complete opposites on the emotional scale. Not to mention Vancouver media :lol.

I'd be happy with Eakins, okay with Tippet.

Torterella needs to come to Vancouver.

That would be the funniest shit ever.

I kind of want to see it, if only for hilarity's sake.

TUSR

Banned

Smiley90

I like to think Two Sir actually means TUSR and his "brother" who watches MLP. Kind of like Two-Face.

CCF23

No thanks to Tortorella

His act wears out fast, but I think the Canucks need a bit of a hard ass at this point in time, and he has a track record of success early in his tenure with teams...

He won a cup in Tampa in his third full season there, and took the Rangers to the conference finals in his third full season there.

Top Bottom