• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

TUSR

Banned
His act wears out fast, but I think the Canucks need a bit of a hard ass at this point in time, and he has a track record of success early in his tenure with teams...

He won a cup in Tampa in his third full season there, and took the Rangers to the conference finals in his third full season there.

Sedins are on the declineeeeeeee

His act wears out fast, but I think the Canucks need a bit of a hard ass at this point in time, and he has a track record of success early in his tenure with teams...

He won a cup in Tampa in his third full season there, and took the Rangers to the conference finals in his third full season there.

What are you, fucking drunk?

All the time I was watching the XBOne reveal, I was laughing to myself at how much GAF was going to hate everything about it. NFL, Call of Duty, Kinect, cable TV, etc. It was a parade of everything Gaming Side hates.

Lol yeah. Dudebros apparently ruined the gaming industry. Bring on Madden and NHL next year! (for the ps4)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marc Staal, Darroll Powe, and Ryane Clowe are all on the ice.

Look out Bruins, back end sweep incoming! We even have two members of the 2010 Flyers on our side!

I'll see the rest of you guys over in the offseason thread later tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, ok, just saw the lineup.

Richards and Asham are out.

Kris Newbury and Michael Haley are in.

Roman Hamrlik is replacing Anton Stralman. (Prediction: TOI 2:47)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That seems pretty ballsy.

Yeah. Hamrlik being in basically means we're just going to be rolling 5 D-men. He couldn't move at all, and that was before he sat on the bench again for two months. I'm not sure he's been in the lineup since March.

Newbury and Haley makes sense, though. I thought they might bring in both in different scenarios earlier in the series. They're bigger bodied ACTUAL fourth liners who might actually be able to make things difficult for Boston's fourth line.

Expect the PIM to go up tonight.

Acid08

Banned
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT IS THE NIGHT

Rocking my Marleau shirt under my scrubs. Seems like the decision for today will be keeping the same lineup or dressing Demers as a 7th D/4th liner. I'd be down to see Jason get a little time at forward.

MacAttack

I hope the Bruins win tonight so we don't have to deal with a 5pm start on Saturday for Game 5.

And Richards absolutely deserves to be benched.

He's a -2 with no points and only 4 shots in 3 games. 3 turnovers, no takeaways and he's been around 40% on faceoffs.

Alucard

Banned
i-7.jpg
sixthg.png

Alucard

Banned
Fewest Games To 40 Career Playoff Goals, Active Players
40th GOAL
Sidney Crosby 77 Wednesday
Jaromir Jagr 86 1996
Henrik Zetterberg 87 2010
Johan Franzen 90 2013
Danny Briere 92 2011
>> SOURCE: Elias Sports Bureau

TUSR

Banned
Fewest Games To 40 Career Playoff Goals, Active Players
40th GOAL
Sidney Crosby 77 Wednesday
Jaromir Jagr 86 1996
Henrik Zetterberg 87 2010
Johan Franzen 90 2013
Danny Briere 92 2011
>> SOURCE: Elias Sports Bureau

where its the great one?

who quoted me is baaaaack

ZeroGravity

I hope Richards can get his career back on track somewhere else next year. Or in New York without Torterella. He still should have a lot of good hockey left in him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Richards has to be injured. Right?

7 years left on his contract. He's not allowed to decline so soon.

If he is, he has been injured literally the entire year.

He'll get bought out, come to the West, and be rejuvinated. Just watch.
I'm actually expecting this. Much like Gaborik, I feel like Richards has a bounce back year in him. This year was just a non-starter for him and it kind of snowballed out of control on him mentally. I think he can come back with a new perspective after the offseason and become a contributor again, either in New York or elsewhere.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Richards has to be injured. Right?

7 years left on his contract. He's not allowed to decline so soon.
He's been shit all year, he was garbage in the few games the Rangers played the Habs. There's no way he doesn't get bought out now, maybe he's still getting over Munn dumping his beaver looking ass.

Fucking working til 9 and with my manager til 8, so I can't even stream the game. Need to come out with a sense of urgency tonight or we're going to be done really fast.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like no line up changes tonight. At this point I think Demers is being kept out because Todd doesn't want to mess with the teams mojo. I don't necessarily agree with that :/. Kennedy sucks and shouldn't be playing.

Socreges

Banned
If he is, he has been injured literally the entire year.
That is what I'm suggesting. It's been just 5 months. Kesler played 77 games + playoffs in 11/12 before having surgery in the offseason. We all knew something was wrong as he wasn't the same player, but nothing was revealed until he was done playing.

He was the leading scorer for the Rangers in the last playoffs. Now he's suddenly had this remarkable decline? I think it has to be an injury or his conditioning, more than some sudden, natural decline.

Zero confidence in the Wings it seems. Radio here asking people: Do you believe in the Lions winning 8-9 wins or the Wings winning this series. Almost everyone believes in the Lions more.

SMMFH, "Hockeytown".

Top Bottom