• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you want to replace him?

Nearly anybody, unfortunately Montreal has maybe an even worse coach in Hamilton right now, so they can't promote from within the organization.

Guy Boucher is probably at the top of the plausible list, Babcock is the dream. There are a couple of junior coaches I wish they had groomed in the meantime, but I'd be a little weary about hiring another rookie coach.

zroid

Banned
zroid be a pal and post a fancy graph of our first period pls

Something different from usual:

OEweInp.png

0zTHvzb.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
04:16 PIT SHG - Brandon Sutter (14) ASST: Daniel Winnik (20), Ben Lovejoy (11) 1 - 0 PIT
09:37 PIT Brandon Sutter (15) ASST: Steve Downie (14), Daniel Winnik (21) 2 - 0 PIT
13:36 PIT David Perron (16) ASST: Sidney Crosby (46), Patric Hornqvist (21) 3 - 0 PIT
2ND PERIOD
01:01 PIT PPG - Sidney Crosby (23) ASST: Kris Letang (42), Evgeni Malkin (40) 4 - 0 PIT
12:07 EDM PPG - Anton Lander (5) ASST: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (25), Jordan Eberle (33) 4 - 1 PIT
15:11 EDM Jordan Eberle (17) ASST: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (26), Mark Fayne (6) 4 - 2 PIT
3RD PERIOD
04:51 EDM PPG - Benoit Pouliot (14) ASST: Derek Roy (18), Oscar Klefbom (11) 4 - 3 PIT
10:04 EDM Derek Roy (8) ASST: Nail Yakupov (14) 4 - 4 Tie
14:38 PIT Steve Downie (12) ASST: Maxim Lapierre (9), Nick Spaling (14) 5 - 4 PIT
15:44 PIT Patric Hornqvist (23) ASST: Sidney Crosby (47)

:lolpens

:loloilers

zroid

Banned
04:16 PIT SHG - Brandon Sutter (14) ASST: Daniel Winnik (20), Ben Lovejoy (11) 1 - 0 PIT
09:37 PIT Brandon Sutter (15) ASST: Steve Downie (14), Daniel Winnik (21) 2 - 0 PIT
13:36 PIT David Perron (16) ASST: Sidney Crosby (46), Patric Hornqvist (21) 3 - 0 PIT
2ND PERIOD
01:01 PIT PPG - Sidney Crosby (23) ASST: Kris Letang (42), Evgeni Malkin (40) 4 - 0 PIT
12:07 EDM PPG - Anton Lander (5) ASST: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (25), Jordan Eberle (33) 4 - 1 PIT
15:11 EDM Jordan Eberle (17) ASST: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (26), Mark Fayne (6) 4 - 2 PIT
3RD PERIOD
04:51 EDM PPG - Benoit Pouliot (14) ASST: Derek Roy (18), Oscar Klefbom (11) 4 - 3 PIT
10:04 EDM Derek Roy (8) ASST: Nail Yakupov (14) 4 - 4 Tie
14:38 PIT Steve Downie (12) ASST: Maxim Lapierre (9), Nick Spaling (14) 5 - 4 PIT
15:44 PIT Patric Hornqvist (23) ASST: Sidney Crosby (47)

:lolpens

:loloilers

what the fuck lol

The Leafs thought Carlyle was their problem...

They thought he was a problem. Which he was.

Likewise Therrien is a problem.

edit: also 5 unanswered goals? really habs?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oh god we're playing the Shits tonight

tonight we're all Canucks? I mean, who doesn't want to see LA miss the playoffs?

We'll lose anyway, sorry beforehand

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The Leafs thought Carlyle was their problem...

Therrien is the problem, his stats/fancy stats are nearly identical every year he coaches. He relies on players like Crosby, Malkin, and Price to get wins, while playing a "safe" system that leads to no possession, too many turnovers, and no offense other than from elite scorers.

He's a garbage tier coach. Fuck I'm really salty right now, hate his stupid ass.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
#1 goalie Andrew Hammond did it again.

EK>PK

All is right in the world (except for the Bruins winning)

Xeteh

Iginla will go down as one of those great Avalanche players. I can't believe he was an unknown before joining this team.

Erdrick

I feel your pain. I can feel the season slipping away again...

Where did it all go to shit. Perraults injury was the start for me, and the goalies playing much worse after the all star break for whatever reason.

Byfuglien, Little, Perrault, now with Myers being hurt (Maybe? Not sure of the details yet.) ugh... The momentum has been on a downturn for a while or so now. I really hope they can turn it around but it feels like the season is lost again.

I've been to 16 Jets games this year and they've won 13 of those games... It's a shame if they can't cash in on this season, but it's really looking like they are in a spiral going down...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been to hfboards in a while, but I needed more Therrien hate to fuel me. Looks like it has taken over every thread, I love it.

Therrien deployed the same kind of strategies for:
MTL 1.0
PIT
MTL 2.0

For his best seasons with the Pens, 2006-07 (105pts) & 2007-08 (102pts):

2006-07, 5v5:
GF: 14th
GA: 15th
CF%: 28th
Note: Crosby won the Art, Hart & Ted Lindsay + Malkin won the Calder that year.

2007-08, 5v5:
GF: 14th
GA: 7th
CF%: 29th

2008-09 was a disaster defensively, 21st in GA, until he was fired.

Everywhere he went his "system" had to be carried by elite talents and he never managed to come up with a plan to put his team over the top, like good coaches are able to do. The guy is a fraud.

#nottheproblem

Top Bottom