• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

XlHYL6K.jpg

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

RKcQF3V.jpg

oiJGrZE.jpg

There was barely contact, Reilly practically drove himself into the boards, it was borderline comical until they called a penalty.

Also, thank you ducks.

Vman

Holy shit at the Ducks/Wild game. side note: Wild commentators are annoying (cue Wild fans saying they're the best in the biz)

They are the absolute worst. The sad thing is we fired a guy a few years ago. We had a pick from tons of national people. And FSN wanted to hire from within the org and we got even worse.

Heretic

Parch

Edmonton never had any patience nor did they even have a proper AHL team before when their whole mess started.
Yup, there are development decisions that were not the wisest, but I still don't think that Eberle, Hall, and Nuge are "ruined". There's nothing wrong with their individual production.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, there are development decisions that were not the wisest, but I still don't think that Eberle, Hall, and Nuge are "ruined". There's nothing wrong with their individual production.
Their production is good but not enough to carry a team and they can't defend a grandma in a wheelchair coming down the ice even if one of the wheels was broken.

Can they score? No doubt about it. I had Hall as my second pick for a reason (fucker got injured though) but they can't defend and the rest of the team simply isn't good enough.

Funny how you didn't put Yakupov in there...:)

Parch

Funny how you didn't put Yakupov in there...:)
He's got his own issues. He's also the youngest so it's a bit early to label him as "ruined". He's actually showed signs of why he was a first overall this year.
It would have been better if the Oilers had put these guys back in the minors for another year, but I hardly think they are ruined because they didn't.

zroid

Banned
Heh War on Ice has got a new thing now: hypothetical standings

http://war-on-ice.com/standings.html

it tells you how many points each team would have given alternate realities with regulation 3 point games or no loser points

edit: if the league used a 3 point regulation system, Tampa would be in the lead with 128, followed by Rangers with 125, and Anaheim and Montreal with 123

zroid

Banned
Oh I don't know how long this has been there but there's a goalie pulling efficiency chart thing now: http://war-on-ice.com/pull-the-goalie.html

this is pretty neat. you use sliders to adjust team scoring rates in given situations, then it runs a simulation to test the point at which it would be most effective to pull your goalie.

given the default rates (probably league averages)...

x52MYy0.png

the red and black lines are if you're trailing by 1 goal, and the green and blue lines if you're trailing by 2 goals.

the vertical lines indicate the point where the probability of tying with the goalie pulled is the most increased versus the probability of tying with the goalie in. so ideally that's the point you pull the goalie.

zroid

Banned
Hopefully the Sens sign Hammond to a 7 year contract, he deserves it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom