• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hammond was the most amazing fantasy pickup. Dude is killing it.

For comparison, my goalie at the beginning of the season was Mike "Literally worse than playoff Fleury" Smith

Yawnier

Banned
The perception that Toronto "ruins" its draft picks is odd... they don't ruin them, they trade them

Toronto isn't Edmonton

Many Leafs draftees have gone on to have very successful careers on other teams

If they stop trading away top-90 picks constantly for one to two year long band-aid fixes (Nolan, Toskala, Bolland you get the drift) like they been doing over the past at least 10 years now, and stop trading away players in their early 20s who struggle in limited roles such as being buried on the 4th line and who are played way out of their roles (Steen, Stralman) who only end up flourishing with other teams when traded and I will be mostly content.

Calamari41

41 > 38
JHQLodK.gif

zroid

Banned
If they stop trading away top-90 picks constantly for one to two year long band-aid fixes (Nolan, Toskala, Bolland you get the drift) like they been doing over the past at least 10 years now, and stop trading away players in their early 20s who struggle in limited roles such as being buried on the 4th line and who are played way out of their roles (Steen, Stralman) who only end up flourishing with other teams when traded and I will be mostly content.

Ya pretty much. This also ties into the point I was making about how the Leafs are bad at identifying talent. It's not just about them drafting poorly, but the fact that the few times they do draft well, they often trade away the kids because they fail to recognize their talent.

edit: EDM and CBJ going to OT!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
The Stars are getting hot at the wrong time...

Good game at least.

Watch either the Jets or Sharks get hot... Bad enough the Kings are on a roll.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Oh are we now stanning for each center? I call dibs on Pageau. Kernel and GSG Flash can fight it out for Legwand.

Fuck that

Laser is technically a center, I'm stanning that gold medal winning talent :D

Socreges

Banned
lol Booth... If he had produced this way in the games leading up to the deadline we probably could've had a 4th rounder or so. maybe a 3rd.
zrd pls

No one's going to draw anything from a 5-game sample. He's inevitably going to return to form.

zroid

Banned
zrd pls

No one's going to draw anything from a 5-game sample. He's inevitably going to return to form.

maybe...

you have to understand I think very little of most GMs

he's actually been a decent possession player all season though (+4.1% score adjusted rel CF to be precise), his shooting percentage was just abysmal

edit: his personal sh% is 6.3% which is sub par but OK (this is after scoring those recent goals), but his on-ice sh% is 5.3% which is HORRIBLE. he's been given incredibly bad linemates all year.

if he hadn't been so unlucky before the trade deadline and had played with better linemates, he'd likely fetch value similar to Santorelli

kingslunk

The Stars are getting hot at the wrong time...

Good game at least.

Watch either the Jets or Sharks get hot... Bad enough the Kings are on a roll.

I feel like its going to be like the 5 seasons where we barely miss out.

Going to be hard to sneak in unless we do something crazy like win out.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like its going to be like the 5 seasons where we barely miss out.

Going to be hard to sneak in unless we do something crazy like win out.

Good God, those seasons were fucking painful. Get close to a playoff spot, choke at the worst opportune time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why Leafs fans are so eager to watch Toronto ruin McDavid anyway.
We haven't ruined draft picks. We either trade them away before we can pick them or trade them away before they can develop.

Toronto would continue to lose even with him on board and the media would be up his ass with blame every step of the way.
True.
Which is kind of my point. If he stays in Toronto he's fucked.

Besides, Edmonton has yet to open the floodgates. Who knows what happens with any of those kids if they're ever released from hell.
Edmonton never had any patience nor did they even have a proper AHL team before when their whole mess started.

If you're pointing to trades where the Leafs lost a supposed 'good' player, it's mostly young players that they never gave the light of day. Rask never got a chance with us and hindsight is 20/20; are you telling me another GM is seriously going to know ahead of time he was going to turn into a Vezina? Steen did have flashes of greatness and was raw at that age. I would've loved to have held onto him....sigh...we didn't have a good GM for years...and ownership and the MLSE board are impatient and make stupid decisions. I wouldn't say it's the 'city' that's causing the problem (though the media doesn't help one bit), it's the impatience and ineptitude of the organization running these teams.

I will say that MLSE 'seems' to be turning a corner and does seem focused a bit more on winning (they might have woken up and finally noticed that while the seats are full every night, they can charge MORE and sell MORE merchandise and make MORE money if these fucking teams were successful).

Eh, fuck me, buzzed and not watching this game to jinx it. Back to Monster Hunter!!!!!!

zroid

Banned
anyway fuck Booth but it's true that the Leafs kind of fucked him over by playing him like 5 mins a night on the 4th line. he's been moved up the lineup by necessity in recent weeks.

i wouldn't mind them giving him an extension, he should've been a middle 6 forward to begin with

he's a good player, skates well, drives possession, etc.

Top Bottom